Archived Electronics E2E

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is going E2E in phases. We have the grocery operating model. On the schedule being posted this week Softlines, cosmetics and electronics are going E2E.

Has anyone been through this. I am HLTL and I am being told electronics will no longer be responsible for daily tasks in toys, sporting goods and seasonal. I am told hardlines will take over these tasks and the only extra payroll I am getting is one extra closer than normal.

Is this about right in other stores?

At my store when it rolled out we got no extra hours. I also over see those areas. Slowly we have been working out the kinks and gaining more hours and mids for electronics almost all week as well. As far as the rest, the team has adapted well and even when we have the normal amount of closers we had prior, we still get the zone and reshop done. Cosmetics for up is now also E2E and open to close coverage, so they zone basically all of the HBA block at the end of the night as they are not 'Beauty' and oversee more than just cosmetics.

It will change week to week and it will be trial and error first, but you'll see the ways to adapt. As a result, electronics is stronger now in sales and the other departments are still increasing in sales as well so we haven't panicked yet....

All they did for us was add a mid shift for electronics for that TM to work their freight and backstock it. Besides that mid TM, we only have a closer and target tech. They might be adding another TM to help with the added workload of pulling batches, setting revisions, and doing price changes.

So my store is going E2E in phases. We have the grocery operating model. On the schedule being posted this week Softlines, cosmetics and electronics are going E2E.

Has anyone been through this. I am HLTL and I am being told electronics will no longer be responsible for daily tasks in toys, sporting goods and seasonal. I am told hardlines will take over these tasks and the only extra payroll I am getting is one extra closer than normal.

Is this about right in other stores?
That's not just E2E that you are talking about. We have been doing storewide E2E since march and starting next week we now have to have open to close coverage in electronics meaning that they cannot move from electronics. They can't even go down to entertainment or do their own pulls or backstock. This has to do with the amount of shortage target lost last year from electronics and cosmetics. The open to close in electronics and cosmetics is a company thing not a E2E thing.

This has to do with the amount of shortage target lost last year from electronics and cosmetics. The open to close in electronics and cosmetics is a company thing not a E2E thing.

Not entirely true my electronics team is still responsible for toys and sporting goods. They also have to push non electronic cafs in those areas

That's not just E2E that you are talking about. We have been doing storewide E2E since march and starting next week we now have to have open to close coverage in electronics meaning that they cannot move from electronics. They can't even go down to entertainment or do their own pulls or backstock. This has to do with the amount of shortage target lost last year from electronics and cosmetics. The open to close in electronics and cosmetics is a company thing not a E2E thing.
So they can't even answer toys/sporting goods call boxes?

We just started this, electronics TM is old and is flipping out about it. I can't gather the energy in me to pretend to care. I'll support whatever my STL requires me to, but it's up to someone else to figure that mess out.

Not entirely true my electronics team is still responsible for toys and sporting goods. They also have to push non electronic cafs in those areas
My dtl told me it was a company thing so that's what I was basing what I said above off of. Until this coming Sunday the ele team is responsible for all of toys/sport/seasonal/ele but come Sunday morning they can't leave ele.

We don't have the payroll to support it.
Meaning all other workcenters are affected by it.
Exactly. We don't have random hardlines TMs working during the morning (at least not yet). It's not uncommon at my store to have a call box go off on that side of the store in the morning, when nobody except electronics is even remotely close enough to get to it in time.

My store hasn't started E2E yet, but we have started the company wide Electronics dedicated team. Basically, the company wants to shrink shortage and grow sales in E&E, beauty. So both of those areas are getting dedicated teams. We don't have mids in E&E, so we're still responsible for dayside Toys and SG. However at night we're responsible for just the E&E zone, a tm comes in at 7pm to do the toy zone.

I know direction from corporate is that Entertainment is not supposed to be covered by Electronics, but frankly there's no reason for it not to be. With digital media sales dwarfing physical by a laughable margin, the zone in there barely needs to be touched (except for kids books. Screw you kids books).

Our store always has an electronics team member that stays in electronics. It's a "manned" position so we don't answer calls back-up & someone covers our breaks. My team is already in the direction for E2E. We also do toys but I'll be happy give that up!

What would the electronics TMs do if they don't have the rest of toys sporting goods etc?

My store on the weekend has a cashier during peak hours now...

What would the electronics TMs do if they don't have the rest of toys sporting goods etc?

My store on the weekend has a cashier during peak hours now...

Pull everything, shoot outs, push research and clearance, set end caps, back stock yourself. Set revisions

End to end electronics doesn't mean you simply stay in electronics. It means you get no help from backroom or flow anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back