Archived Electronics Flow Team Process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I'd get some info here. My ETL just thought that I had a huge workload (I didn't - it was a light day but it took two times as long). I wonder why nobody tells me these things.

I'm fine with it for now. Our repacks have always been kind of screwed up (HBA and pets in Electronics, Electronics in Stat, and so on), so that doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is that I didn't finish the push or get any of the backstock done.

Ive been getting additional support but only because i am training someone else to take over for me. But our process still takes forever. Just today I had to use two cages because there were so many repacks. And the pulls in the morning for electronics are getting ridiculous. Takes me over an hour just to pull them. I dont even work them out anymore since im so busy with the truck. So glad i only have two more weeks left.

Today I had 3 full carts of CAFs and autofills from the other day plus a bunch of crap all over the floor that wouldn't fit on the carts. I took it in stride because I have to, I get that sales floor is swamped. My pulls take about 40 minutes and by the time the truck was unloaded I had one cart pushed. Today all of the TVs in the ad were sold out, so I spent a bunch of time spider wrapping new ones.

Today I received two pallets of case and two cages worth of repacks. We only have one cage, so I just piled the extras on one of the pallets. Leading up to 4th quarter I partnered, or statused, or whatever with my TL and ETL about getting help and they told me they'd figure it out and let me know. I did get support for a week before black Friday, but none since. I think they feel guilty because they don't even ask how I'm doing anymore.

I left all the backstock from today, plus a 4ft stack of case and a repack of batteries and 5 entertainment repacks. 8 hours just isn't enough time for one person to do it all.

I told them a couple months ago just to send me someone to train so that they'd be able to help me/cover for me if I ever called out.

Even having someone for an hour would be a major help.

I took over the electronics push in our ULV store around September from a team member who was shuffled into the backroom to help after our store went with the push all process.

I am scheduled for flow from 5:30 AM to 9 AM followed by electronics from 9 AM to 2 PM. I am either in the truck or on the line until the truck is unloaded around 6:45-7. From there I grab the cage of security repacks and the flatbed of electronics, print off my security list, grab a set of electronics keys, and begin pushing. I relayed to my flow team lead that the timing is not that great for successfully pushing electronics (usually only 90 minutes when you take huddles, guests, etc. into account) and requested more time to actually push, but our flow team has always been down at least 10 people in the last year so I was told "We don't have the people to send to help you or to put you in electronics at 5:30 or 6 AM when we start so just do your best."

With only 90 minutes to push, there were days (especially when books came in) where I would not be able to finish the truck by the time my electronics shift came. I would love to push during my electronics shift, but the sales floor team lead and their executive are very adamant that electronics team members on the sales floor need to be doing salesplanners for toys, entertainment, electronics, sporting goods, home improvement, automotive, etc. so that leaves the not-pushed truck sitting either in the cage or on the flatbed and the morning autofill floating around electronics somewhere.

With Black Friday and Christmas, I finally got some help in the form of two team members who know how to push electronics. Two of us are on the line during the truck unload process while the third comes in at 5:30, spends 30 minutes pushing batteries and then starts to push electronics at 6 AM so they have some of the electronics push done by the time we come out to jump in.

We usually finish around 9 AM (sometimes later depending on how large the truck is) and one guy goes to backstock electronics while the other two go to their different work centers.

Last edited:
Pulling toys autofills are a nightmare. 3 flats, 3 carts and a tub + sports/bike/lugg
The other day our Toys autofill came out of the back as a 6ft pallet of repack boxes and a metro.

Caught up truck backstock and push (except for batteries). Still have two cart's of revision backstock, but I don't care much about that. Hoping tomorrow's truck is lighter still.

During 4th quarter, my store has three people pushing electronics. One person checks in zone 9 and pushes it. The others push the rest of electronics and mmb. IF the zone 9 person finishes before or vice versa they help each other out. They also push the autofill. However, in my store the flow team does not do their own bs or pull their own cafs. We have a backroom team members who owns the lockup or cage as we call it . Outside of 4th quarter everything is the same w exception of there are only two people pushing electronics .

Damn some of you guys have it bad. 4th quarter it's me and 2 other guys pushing electronics. We only do the truck stuff, we don't touch pulls. BR pulls and elec. tm pushes them. We've been getting about 12-15 white repacks, which we sort in the backroom in to 3 sections of carts, usually aisles 1-9 (wireless speakers, headphones, gps, apple stuff, phone accessories) is 1-2 full carts, middle aisles(gaming stuff) is 1 full cart, last aisles(computer accessories and printer stuff, calculators, cameras, gift cards) usually less than a full cart. We no longer use the cage at all and don't check in anything anymore. Usually have 2 pallets worth of stuff, 1 is bulky items(TVs, soundbars, game consoles, printers) and the other pallet is the smaller boxed stuff and entertainment, usually both pallets pretty full. 2 tms sort the repacks while I push the bulk pallet. By the time they're done sorting I've usually already started the second pallet. Once I get to entertainment(around 8-9am depending) I help finish up the carts, usually it's the gaming one we do last. Then the 3 of us do entertainment together(widely varied, maybe 5-15 repacks. Lately the DC has taken to using the big red repacks for DVDs for some reason), until one of us has to leave for instocks. We all start unloading at 6am, I personally do the electronics part of the line too so I can sort how I want it. We usually get off the truck around 715-745 depending on how understaffed we are on the line if we get backed up a lot. We usually finish 1045-1130. If I haven't already stayed over my scheduled time me and sometimes 1 of the other guys will backstock the lockup. Often times though I leave for the day after pushing. We have a decent BR team, but we usually float 1-2 three tier carts in there day-to-day. Besides 4th quarter, I was pushing and backstocking all alone most days or had help for maybe an hour or two until my helper went over to instocks(or myself, depending on if we have any other instocks tm, since they all seem to quit and no one really want to do instocks cause it's a shitty process).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back