Archived Eliminate Paper Reciepts (I'd add paper checks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually pondered why this has taken so long to be proposed. The move to eliminate paper register receipts, that is. My focus was really on the dangerous BPAs in register receipts that are continually handled by our TMs of childbearing age (and I, personally, avoid BPAs where possible) but I DIDN'T realize the receipts aren't recyclable.

It's an interesting move. I guess returns, etc., would be processed by either card or device.

Gift receipts would be interesting.

New bill would make e-receipts the default by 2022 - https://abc30.com/politics/new-bill-would-make-e-receipts-the-default-by-2022/5036680/

I've actually pondered why this has taken so long to be proposed. The move to eliminate paper register receipts, that is. My focus was really on the dangerous BPAs in register receipts that are continually handled by our TMs of childbearing age (and I, personally, avoid BPAs where possible) but I DIDN'T realize the receipts aren't recyclable.

It's an interesting move. I guess returns, etc., would be processed by either card or device.

Gift receipts would be interesting.

New bill would make e-receipts the default by 2022 - https://abc30.com/politics/new-bill-would-make-e-receipts-the-default-by-2022/5036680/

I don't know how many cashiers that lick the receipt paper

Last edited:
I
Thqt would mean we would have to take emails from customers im sure that would go over well I am still harrasses about that stupid breach. I work at a second job where phone numbers are needed before we start the transaction and people get all snippity about just that.
I wonder who'd be responsible for receipt itemization? Possibly CC company? But what if cash?

Cali already is successful at curbing plastic bags and we charge if they want them. The move says a customer of a store can request a paper receipt. I wonder if we'd charge for them like we do for bags.

I could totally see this happening for Wallet guests, where you could get an in app receipt. No other easy way to do it.
Some stores already don't give paper receipts if one pays with a phone app at register. Perhaps you're right. It's the only way one could do it. If CC companies had to do all kinds of accounting for particular purchases the transaction fees would be prohibitive.

Prop 65 warning: contains chemicals know to the state of cancer to cause California.

I can’t stand my home state.

That is stupid and it forces tech on people who probably don’t want it. Invent something better than thermal paper or degrades better (it’s already pretty good at doing that)

Prop 65 warning: contains chemicals know to the state of cancer to cause California.

I can’t stand my home state.

That is stupid and it forces tech on people who probably don’t want it. Invent something better than thermal paper or degrades better (it’s already pretty good at doing that)
It degrades just fine with a little water 😜

I could totally see this happening for Wallet guests, where you could get an in app receipt. No other easy way to do it.
It's definitely possible, as Meijer provides me a PDF receipt after every visit when I enter my mPerks number at the register.

I use Walmart Pay every time I shop at Walmart and all of my receipts are stored in the app, I actually like it a lot. The only downside is the receipt checkers at the door always give me kind of a hard time when I show them my phone instead of a paper receipt

I use Walmart Pay every time I shop at Walmart and all of my receipts are stored in the app, I actually like it a lot. The only downside is the receipt checkers at the door always give me kind of a hard time when I show them my phone instead of a paper receipt
I like that very much. I never have to sort receipts. Returns are quite easy as well.

I can't say I've ever been stopped at the door though.

Gosh...I would have fun photoshopping faux digital receipts. Or changing the dates to make it look like the purchase was within 90days.
you could do that now with online receipts for t.com orders-- but if it doesn't scan and release doesn't work, and we call .com and they say they don't have record of the order, you're out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back