Archived Emo Brandon's backroom journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formina Sage

Probably still better than you at the stacker
Staff member
Administrator
So when I started at Target after dropping out of college, I reapplied to the store I worked at in high school as an electronics TM. I was pretty depressed about my college situation and how I was now living at home working and not having a social life, so I started keeping an online journal. I just found these 7 year old entries and thought I'd share some of the more amusing ones. Funny how some things never change.

Just when I think an 8 hour shift couldn't get any worse, it does. Chris, whom I originally presumed to be a good hard worker, called in sick today (also, he left without pulling the price changes on Wednesday, the night that I had to do carts, and that night P/C was fucking five tubs), so I was the only fucking one working all the hugeass backstock from the truck this morning, not to mention the forecast was 109, so the hourlies were all fucking gigantic. I'd finish one set, just to have the next set drop in two minutes. I love fucking working 6 hours without getting to stop for 5 seconds. God damn it, it pisses me off so much. Got what I could get done with the backstock, I don't think it was too much left, considering the circumstances, except the shitload in the freezer. The cardboard was fucking ridiculous though, baler was stuffed full and there were two full cages and tubs. Good lord, closing on a busy night is not something that can be done by one person. I am only working until 4pm tomorrow, thank goodness. IDK if I could handle another long closing shift. And goddamn it, Steve really needs to not pull the entire Market section for the order. Who the fuck cares if you could use one more, there isn't one in open stock, so the system is fucking pulling from EVERY MOTHERFUCKING UPPER CASE STOCK...FUCK I HATE UPPERS.

It was alright. I had no problem leaving promptly at 5:30 and letting Joe handle the backstock from there. I hope the p/c pulls were huge lol, the little bitch wanted help splitting up the freezer. I let him pull market, and I pulled everything else, entered the freezer with nothing warm on and pulled that shit too in the same time that he pulled the rest of market. I don't understand why he's so slow. No work tomorrow, best feeling ever.

Well I was supposed to work from 9am to 5:30. Oh guess what, Chris called in sick. So I was pulling all by myself (the store only did like 130+ in sales, the pulls weren't huge or anything ... ... ...) and ended up staying until 9:30pm to backstock and set the line for Monday. That, after staying late on Saturday to help salesfloor take down the ad. Wow. The shit I do for this store...

Ended up having several large POGs and of course the order pull was fucking ginormous, thanks Steve. Oh, and my office p/c was a pallet and two tubs. So there was a little bit of backstock.

I'm so sad that this thing has become a vehicle for me to vent about work. I'm going to be miserable reading this in the future. I work at 9:30 tommorow, I should have gone to bed a long time ago.....
Fucking meta

Once again I'm starting to become apathetic towards Joel's feelings. who the hell cares if he has a lot of backstock to deal with? he only works like 19 hours a week...I work 40. I deserve to leave when I want. Working in Woodbury tomorrow, this will be interesting.

going to Woodbury was retarded, apparently they thought I was a team trainer or something, Sam the really gay black guy wanted me to show two brand new team members how to set an endcap, well fuck that, I don't feel like explaining it and I don't have the retarded crossbar fixtures anyway. So i taught them instead how to read schematic numbers, how to work pulls, and Suzie the cute TL from Minnetonka did callbox training which I helped with. Then we were supposed to zone the whole store, I did for about ten mins and then it was my time to leave. Thank goodness. that was retarded and I won't do it again.
At this point I think I lost interest in journaling about work. Then begin entries about weird dreams and the beginnings of my experimentations with research chemicals.

Did you write these on your laptop while sitting on Ponder Rock?

Last edited:
Just going to put this out there. Formina is cute as hell!

hell yeah he is!
tumblr_opy66p22Kq1r2pp2to1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back