Archived End caps at check lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping to get some ideas for good end caps. Being a cashier and pushing red cards and good customer service and interaction is great but I want to drive sales in other ways too. So any ideas besides the normal seasonal candy, wine beer, chips, buns... I was thinking starbucks..

As I recall, unless an endcap comes up Flex, the Front End endcaps stick to the planogram. If my former stores got a free EndCap at the lanes, it was just DVDs, seasonal/holiday items, or candy.

If you want to help push sales and get noticed, suggestions are:
  • Zone areas immediate to the lanes; especially the Playground and Card Wall
  • Cross train in all areas for the Front (SD, CA, FA, SB...)
  • Assist restroom check
  • Push carts up
  • Inquire if you can assist the GSTL/GSA
  • Help and motivate your team with any your own beneficial tips and strategies; ex RedCard apps
  • The old FFF ideaology
Guests make their first and last impressions about a store by their the Front End.

ASANTS... our store is allowed to flex fast selling product to the check lane endcaps.

I would look at the ad, and try to put up something that is a good deal... usually something from Health and Beauty, Market or Chem.

but, during peak Back To School, something like ziplock baggies, hand sanitizer, clorox wipes ... would be good.

during summer - small beach toys, sidewalk chalk, water balloons, or bubbles...

during Easter - small toys and things to fill Easter Baskets (candy, artificial grass, etc.)

whatever the Hot item is -- like stuff to make slime, or fidget spinners (though those might be fading trends, there will be a new trend/hot item for the holidays)

Focus on the next holiday -- like Labor Day -- Bar B Q items, paper plates, cups, napkins....

or stuff for Back to School lunch boxes -- cases of single serving snacks, fruit cups, fruit snacks, 8 oz bottles of water ---- anything that would be good in a lunch for school -- People may have already purchased their supplies, but they will need to continuously stock their pantry

Last edited:
And for the love of Pete, please zone and fill all candy and trinkets at the checklanes.

Nothing worse than a bunch of OUTS at the lanes. Always a chance to add a candy bar or pack of gum if the item is IN STOCK.

(sorry, pet peeve. Our store sucks at this.... I am like "HELLO" the items are empty because people are BUYING them. Duh. So spread out stuff like candy, gum, and other items at the checklanes.)

:steps down from soap box:

ASANTS... our store is allowed to flex fast selling product to the check lane endcaps.

I would look at the ad, and try to put up something that is a good deal... usually something from Health and Beauty, Market or Chem.

but, during peak Back To School, something like ziplock baggies, hand sanitizer, clorox wipes ... would be good.

during summer - small beach toys, sidewalk chalk, water balloons, or bubbles...

during Easter - small toys and things to fill Easter Baskets (candy, artificial grass, etc.)

whatever the Hot item is -- like stuff to make slime, or fidget spinners (though those might be fading trends, there will be a new trend/hot item for the holidays)

Focus on the next holiday -- like Labor Day -- Bar B Q items, paper plates, cups, napkins....

or stuff for Back to School lunch boxes -- cases of single serving snacks, fruit cups, fruit snacks, 8 oz bottles of water ---- anything that would be good in a lunch for school -- People may have already purchased their supplies, but they will need to continuously stock their pantry

My last STL used to love when I would flex endcaps at the checklanes as GSA. Because whatever I chose would sell out in a few hours.

As some have said ASANTS. Check with your ETL-GE or STL for permission.

I often would pay attention to the weather and go from there. Rain in the forecast? Roll the umbrella racks up towards the front of RTW. Is it going to snow in the next 24 hours? Move Salt, de-icer, and Ice Scrapers to the front.

Is there a big holiday in your area that doesn't have a SP for it? Build your own. i.e. Mardi Gras? Bring up green, gold, and purple items from Party to the checklanes.

How about a local Breast Cancer awareness event? Move Pink items to the lanes; like cups, party ware, shirts to the front of RTW (with SFTL permission), Ribbon, etc.

It's about getting creative and thinking about what might sell based on things going on in your area. If you have permission to set new stuff up there. Make sure you use your MyDevice or Zebra to tie it to the new location. This way when Backroom pulls CAF's they know where to take items.

I second the idea of filling impulse items. Do not let outs sit. If you scan and see there is stuff in the backroom, drop a batch and work it out. Don't wait on Vendors to restock soda coolers. Go back to receiving and pull what you need to fill. A mid-afternoon refill of coolers can drive up the sales. Most Vendors only come through in the AM.

I only set ends up front that will sell-we'll tie them to other areas or the home if they aren't good for the front. Right now I have the retro Candy up front, some of the ones that are supposed to be there, and then I've flexed half an end to bakery items, and one whole end I made a salesplanner for lunchbox items.

And for the love of Pete, please zone and fill all candy and trinkets at the checklanes.

Nothing worse than a bunch of OUTS at the lanes. Always a chance to add a candy bar or pack of gum if the item is IN STOCK.

(sorry, pet peeve. Our store sucks at this.... I am like "HELLO" the items are empty because people are BUYING them. Duh. So spread out stuff like candy, gum, and other items at the checklanes.)

100% agree

This is also the fault of the store and staffing.. having staff and hours to fill in the candy.

Uh, cashiers have time to stand around and chat with each other? -- cashiers have time to zone their check lanes.

::eyes roll so hard they fall out of my head::

My front end will drop candy needs fills but no one ever pulls them til I see them. I wish our checklane candy was backstocked up front.

Anything that's 30-50% off in Cartwheel. Cookies, soda, crackers commonly are. Then print a sign advertising their cartwheel discount and price..... of course that won't stop the customers from neglecting to notice that it's a CARTWHEEL discount but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back