Archived End of season scheduling question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a part-time seasonal employee.

I was wondering if someone can tell me when management will tell the seasonal employees when the season ends and which seasonal employees will be offered permanent positions.

I am curious to know when my final week will be. The last week of December? The first week of January? The second week of January?

I do not want to be offered a permanent position. I just want to know when I will be done.

I think it's soon after Christmas... I know my friend who was seasonal was never actually told they were keeping him... They just kept scheduling him. So if there doesn't seem to be an end to your schedule let someone know

Ours has always been after the first week of January.... but obviously every store has it's own time table.

This is it. You signed a seasonal addendum that said you may be kept up to 160 days. You could be let go tomorrow or you could stay into January. The only way to know is to ask.

This is it. You signed a seasonal addendum that said you may be kept up to 160 days. You could be let go tomorrow or you could stay into January. The only way to know is to ask.

I believe I only signed a seasonal offer sheet that says I can be kept up to 90 days. 160 days would be March/April.

1st week of January is fine.

I would prefer to receive some advance notice of my final week rather than seeing in the computer that I am not on the new schedule.

You need to ask your hr, not us.
From another thread:

I have made something of myself. My bank account says I made something of myself. The accomplishments on my resume say I made something of myself.

There is no opportunity to grow at Target. I am a seasonal part-time employee. I stock shelves and straighten shelves.

I do make a positive impact because even though I do not care about Target, I still do a better job than the coworkers I have observed. My shelves are straighter and I make sure everything is in the right spot.

I do not care about Target. It is a seasonal part-time job. Sorry but I do not care about a job that is only two months. It is not a priority in my life - it is a paycheck.

There are no opportunities at Target. I am a seasonal part-time employee. After being trained, I have received no coaching and no evaluations. I have no idea how well management thinks I am doing. I have no idea what areas management thinks I could improve in.

If I was interested in staying with Target after the holidays, I would have no idea what management thinks of my prospects or what I could do to improve my prospects.

Target is a giant store and a giant company. We are just numbers in a system.

There is no sales information posted. After having a day or days off, I come back and have no way of knowing how the store did while I was off. I worked Sunday and will not work again until Thursday. I will have no idea about how the store did during the 3 days I was off.

If you work a shift that does not overlap the morning/evening huddle, you have no idea what sales goals the store has for that day or any day.

There is no direct impact on sales made by employees. Employees do not sell to customers. Customers come in, browse, shop, and get rung up. Target is not a mortgage business where employees sell to customers. Employees at Target aren't pushing customers to buy more paper towels or deodorant on the sales floor.

I could be the greatest employee and my performance would not change the store's performance. If my performance did change the store's performance, there would be no way to know what impact I made.

There is no benefit to driving sales. If Target increases sales, the employees do not benefit and do not receive bonuses.
Target doesn't even pay cashiers for red cards. Many other stores pay their employees for signing up new credit cards.
Jamitchell1985

Last edited:
I believe I only signed a seasonal offer sheet that says I can be kept up to 90 days. 160 days would be March/April.

They increased it to 165 although no one will make it that far.

Attachments

• 20161123_131606.jpg
    869.3 KB · Views: 26
My store always keeps seasonals. Never heard of them letting anyone go except one person who just plain not right for Target. In fact, my TL said something the other day about deciding if she was going to keep any of ours and I told her I thought we keep everyone? She just laughed and said yeah pretty much.

You need to ask your hr, not us.
From another thread:

I have made something of myself. My bank account says I made something of myself. The accomplishments on my resume say I made something of myself.

There is no opportunity to grow at Target. I am a seasonal part-time employee. I stock shelves and straighten shelves.

I do make a positive impact because even though I do not care about Target, I still do a better job than the coworkers I have observed. My shelves are straighter and I make sure everything is in the right spot.

I do not care about Target. It is a seasonal part-time job. Sorry but I do not care about a job that is only two months. It is not a priority in my life - it is a paycheck.

There are no opportunities at Target. I am a seasonal part-time employee. After being trained, I have received no coaching and no evaluations. I have no idea how well management thinks I am doing. I have no idea what areas management thinks I could improve in.

If I was interested in staying with Target after the holidays, I would have no idea what management thinks of my prospects or what I could do to improve my prospects.

Target is a giant store and a giant company. We are just numbers in a system.

There is no sales information posted. After having a day or days off, I come back and have no way of knowing how the store did while I was off. I worked Sunday and will not work again until Thursday. I will have no idea about how the store did during the 3 days I was off.

If you work a shift that does not overlap the morning/evening huddle, you have no idea what sales goals the store has for that day or any day.

There is no direct impact on sales made by employees. Employees do not sell to customers. Customers come in, browse, shop, and get rung up. Target is not a mortgage business where employees sell to customers. Employees at Target aren't pushing customers to buy more paper towels or deodorant on the sales floor.

I could be the greatest employee and my performance would not change the store's performance. If my performance did change the store's performance, there would be no way to know what impact I made.

There is no benefit to driving sales. If Target increases sales, the employees do not benefit and do not receive bonuses.
Target doesn't even pay cashiers for red cards. Many other stores pay their employees for signing up new credit cards.
Jamitchell1985

What is the point of reposting one of my previous posts?

I asked a question that had nothing to do with my previous post.

If you know when you would like your last day to be, you can just give notice. It sounds like stores vary a great deal in how they deal with this. For what it's worth, at my store we typically tell seasonals between Christmas and New Years before the schedule without them is published.

If you know when you would like your last day to be, you can just give notice. It sounds like stores vary a great deal in how they deal with this. For what it's worth, at my store we typically tell seasonals between Christmas and New Years before the schedule without them is published.

I would rather Target tell me when my last day is. I made a commitment to work the season and even though I do not like working at Target, I will work the entire season.

My store gives the seasonals a letter before the new schedule comes out...it tells them if they made the cut (most don't) or when their last shift will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back