Archived End-to-End Softlines Price Accuracy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if any SL/style TLs or PATLs or even tms can share how you're dealing with price change, especially right now that all the women's Merona and men's stuff are going clearance in time for the new brand releases. According to leadership, the bulk of the pricing hours are for hardlines pricing. So the new strategy is to have SL tms work price change for a couple hours a day and then the tms scheduled under price accuracy have to finish up, but since usually only one person is scheduled under pricing that isn't enough. I thought the whole point of e2e was for softlines to own its own price change anyway. My friend who has done pricing for the past 15 years is desperately trying to teach leadership just how much time we really need to spend doing markdowns each day. Most of them are unfamiliar with how pricing works. Help!

Wondering if any SL/style TLs or PATLs or even tms can share how you're dealing with price change, especially right now that all the women's Merona and men's stuff are going clearance in time for the new brand releases. According to leadership, the bulk of the pricing hours are for hardlines pricing. So the new strategy is to have SL tms work price change for a couple hours a day and then the tms scheduled under price accuracy have to finish up, but since usually only one person is scheduled under pricing that isn't enough. I thought the whole point of e2e was for softlines to own its own price change anyway. My friend who has done pricing for the past 15 years is desperately trying to teach leadership just how much time we really need to spend doing markdowns each day. Most of them are unfamiliar with how pricing works. Help!

We made a SL TM work only softlines price change. When it comes to something heavy like Merona they schedule price change in SL so they can get the mark downs done. Idk if that will help the higher volume stores.

E2E team is doing it at my store. Starting a day ahead, pushing truck, then pricing and zoning as they go. This week, we are also using extra tms to help, but they are part of SL.

For RTW:
Monday, RTW tm pushes z-racks then starts furthers for RTW while zoning as she goes. SL tm (doesn't have own area of responsibility) also jumps in to pricing--about 5 hours.
Tuesday, RTW tm pushes z-racks then finishes price changes zoning as she works. There is a SL tm scheduled to help if needed. If not needed for RTW, she will start in Men's.

This is how we are doing it this week and the next few. Start the day before and have the support tm help where needed.

This is how we are doing it this week and the next few. Start the day before and have the support tm help where needed.

So did you start the BGI markdowns on Sunday and finish Monday? That may be a good idea. I so wish I could tell my ETL "well, at Yetive's store they do it this way..." Maybe that'd get her to agree to try it.

Do you know what your store's doing with hardlines pricing? Are the tms doing that getting fewer hours? Our main person is still getting 40 and sometimes has a second person helping out. There's no way they need so many hours just to do HL.

so wish I could tell my ETL "well, at Yetive's store they do it this way..."

Lol, "My Mom's college roommate works at a Target in ___. We were talking, and at her store. . . ."

Yes, they started BGI on Sunday. For HL, Beauty does their own, but the old PC team does the rest. About 40 hours/week I would guess. They are still doing market most days, because they are struggling.

Lol, "My Mom's college roommate works at a Target in ___. We were talking, and at her store. . . ."

Yes, they started BGI on Sunday. For HL, Beauty does their own, but the old PC team does the rest. About 40 hours/week I would guess. They are still doing market most days, because they are struggling.

Beauty and market don't do their own PC in my store, only SL does. I think getting started on Sunday is a good idea. I'll have to talk to my TLs or ETL about it. They'll probably say no because we don't have a lot of tms scheduled on Sundays and those who are arent trained to do PC because they only work nights/weekends. Plus Sunday's our only day without a truck so I guess they try and save payroll. Its a no-win situation.

At my store the original PC team still does all the departments. I'm technically a pricing TM but scheduled a lot in SL because of limited pricing hours. This forum just reminded me to ask my ETL about SL doing their own price change because I would love to do that lol

As a SL E2E TM who oversees RTW, PC has been a struggle for me. They want PC done and Clearance zoned according to percentage off in eight hours. Maybe it's me, but I can't do that, do reshop, fast service, and push whatever residual truck is leftover. Not when half of RTW is on clearance and shopped to death bc of BTS.

Price Change has been the death of A&A ! We started incorporating PC into our daily routine about 6-8 weeks ago. Per our STL, we are scheduling an A&A TM, and not a PC TM. Well........ It is NOT going well for us. We try to share the workload between different A&A TMs, so the unpleasant responsibility is not left on one person. However, because of this (or not)...... We barely (rarely) come clean by the end of the week. We're finding DPCIs activated and not ticketed (tons of them). We're finding clearance merch left in it's parent dept; not signed, nor moved to the clearance fixtures. And salvage????? Fuhgetaboutit !!!! We can't seem to close out the process correctly...... AT ALL ! Before Price Change, A&A was wine and roses !! We were perfectly zoned, perfectly merchandised, perfect adjacency, perfect backstocking procedures, and above all perfect Guest Service !!! PC has sucked the life right out of us.

Price Change has been the death of A&A ! We started incorporating PC into our daily routine about 6-8 weeks ago. Per our STL, we are scheduling an A&A TM, and not a PC TM. Well........ It is NOT going well for us. We try to share the workload between different A&A TMs, so the unpleasant responsibility is not left on one person. However, because of this (or not)...... We barely (rarely) come clean by the end of the week. We're finding DPCIs activated and not ticketed (tons of them). We're finding clearance merch left in it's parent dept; not signed, nor moved to the clearance fixtures. And salvage????? Fuhgetaboutit !!!! We can't seem to close out the process correctly...... AT ALL ! Before Price Change, A&A was wine and roses !! We were perfectly zoned, perfectly merchandised, perfect adjacency, perfect backstocking procedures, and above all perfect Guest Service !!! PC has sucked the life right out of us.

I found that when they had me do PC in shoes one week. What a nightmare. I can do PC. I get it. BUT...I can't do that and the 50 million other things they want in the time alloted. Not in a brand way, anyway. And it's frustrating to me. I was a retail store manager before Target. I get what needs to be done and am willing to do it, but I need realistic expectations.

I found that when they had me do PC in shoes one week. What a nightmare. I can do PC. I get it. BUT...I can't do that and the 50 million other things they want in the time alloted. Not in a brand way, anyway. And it's frustrating to me. I was a retail store manager before Target. I get what needs to be done and am willing to do it, but I need realistic expectations.

I'm right there with ya ! We were doing GREAT with the E2E process until we took on PC. We were spot-on with Guest Service and tasking...... the departments looked amazing !! In fact, we had back-to-back unannounced visits (therefore, no visit prep in advance) from our DTL and GTL, and our store looked OUTSTANDING ! But.... back in those days, we had 2 PC TMs working quietly making sure pricing was complete. Now, my store is a hot mess with constant overdue PC. I'd give my left *** for the good ol' days. Ha !

I'm not on the pricing team in my store, but from what I've been told the pricing members works on the hardlines stuff and then if there is time they switch over to help softlines. I'm not sure how it is working, because the process just started a week or two ago.

PC in SL is done by SLTMs in my store. We've been staying green, but this week and last have been rough. We're a LV store, so we don't have lots of TM's or hours to spare. Most days, I end up finishing the PC workload. Monday there were only 50 left, but yesterday I had 300. It truly depends on who I schedule for PC, as some TM's are just better at it.

We have one person in softlines, who is new to pricing, and that's all she does. It's on the style team to toss her another body if she's way behind. My last pricing team tm does everything else in the store right now. 40hrs most weeks. So 80hrs for pricing regularly, sometimes 100ish.

My hl pricing person is a day ahead most weeks. Sl is days behind and not doing a great job although she tries hard. She was the same way in her old work center.

We have one person in softlines, who is new to pricing, and that's all she does. It's on the style team to toss her another body if she's way behind. My last pricing team tm does everything else in the store right now. 40hrs most weeks. So 80hrs for pricing regularly, sometimes 100ish.

My hl pricing person is a day ahead most weeks. Sl is days behind and not doing a great job although she tries hard. She was the same way in her old work center.

Oh man, I'm praying for softlines to take pricing soon! If I never see another shoe or bra or panty again I would be sooooo happy!! Those areas unzoned are awful to price! I could see softline pricing going slower than hardline. Add in experience and just the difference in a faster/slower worker and yea, that could be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back