Archived Endcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
How positive are you about that quote? Was this a headline on workbench or just in your store? Did you read this yourself or were you relayed the message? Is it possible you misread it? I know the adjencies are supposed to be given to softlines and plano just oversees it. And I also know sales planners are the responsibility of the PPTL.

I've seen it and looked at it many times on old workbench, not sure if the headlines are still archived there on new workbench.

It was at - Workbench > Sales Floor Headlines >

was around early April that it was a headline IIRC, it was titled something like updated set responsibility chart or something like of that nature.

I probably won't be in store for a few days to look it up, but it should be there either through headline archives or depending on how search is feeling the "set responsibility chart" may come up.

We have "three" POG team members, two almost exclusively POG when we have enough hours, and one, me, half POG half Pricing. Our PPTL might be able to pitch in once a week for an hour or so, but mostly has to do our pulls for us if anything. When we have enough hours to share around we occasionally have Flow team members or others who will help with our workload.

As far as I am aware there is no store in our district where the PTL/PPTL is responsible for salesplanners. It is always the SF TL or the TL for the area.

Furthermore, if our hardlines team wasn't given the hours for the salesplanners, they damn near wouldn't exist.
Wow what volume of a store are you in? And if the hardlines team is using plano hours to get sales planners done, I consider that the same thing as plano doing it. If you're getting the job done with your allocated hours, great job. My district is a little different. We all know it's plano's job but some stores have been giving the SPs to SFTLs for so long and just refuse to change. Others just have PPTLs that can't hack it. But about half of the stores are doing it right. Btw we currently have 4 plano TMs (although we're down one), and 1 is just a signing/revision TM.

Last edited:
Wow what volume of a store are you in? And if the hardlines team is using plano hours to get sales planners done, I consider that the same thing as plano doing it. If you're getting the job done with your allocated hours, great job. My district is a little different. We all know it's plano's job but some stores have been giving the SPs to SFTLs for so long and just refuse to change. Others just have PPTLs that can't hack it. But about half of the stores are doing it right around me. Btw we currently have 4 plano TMs (although we're down one), and 1 is just a signing/revision TM.

We're an ULV store.

It's odd to think of all of those hours as plano hours to me, but I don't ever have to worry about making schedules so I guess it would. POG gets POGs and Revisions, Hardlines gets salesplanners, and Softlines gets adjacency hours at our store.

At my store, HLTL is the only one who does hardlines salesplanners. She may get help occasionally (like during BTS) from other salesfloor TM's, but not normally. I don't know how she does it, but she always finishes them all. SL doesn't get too many salesplanners, but when we do, either SLTL will do them or I will if I have extra time after setting the adjacency.

I don't know if it is 100% true, but the HLTL told me it is technically plano/PPTL'S job to do them.

I've seen it and looked at it many times on old workbench, not sure if the headlines are still archived there on new workbench.

was around early April that it was a headline IIRC, it was titled something like updated set responsibility chart or something like of that nature.

I probably won't be in store for a few days to look it up, but it should be there either through headline archives or depending on how search is feeling the "set responsibility chart" may come up.

I remember this, but when the "POG team owns Salesplanner" thing rolled out, they never updated that page. So it might just be some clusterfuck of bad communication at HQ. I'm thinking 1 person made the decision, then another person noticed that workbench showed who was responsible and sent out that mass communication or something.

Either way, as far as I can tell, no workcenter is getting hours allocated for salesplanners.

I remember this, but when the "POG team owns Salesplanner" thing rolled out, they never updated that page. So it might just be some clusterfuck of bad communication at HQ. I'm thinking 1 person made the decision, then another person noticed that workbench showed who was responsible and sent out that mass communication or something.

Either way, as far as I can tell, no workcenter is getting hours allocated for salesplanners.
No hours allocated = nothing will get done

Salesplanners are not part of Planogram's workload. They attempted that and within 6 months of the official start date they had put out a front page headline re-stating that it was "TL of Area"'s responsibility to set. The only department that POG is officially responsible for endcaps is on the checklanes.

Sure if the POG team is being given the payroll to do them, that's great and POG teams should be able to do them no problem. Most of the times I am seeing PPTLs getting ~30-50 less hours than the adjacency calls for on the POG portion, not including the salesplan/adjacency hours.

As the saying goes though ASANTS, I just pull the info from workbench.

This. 100%! They re-updated the info on Workbench a few months back and put out that grid with who is responsible for what. TL of area is responsible for their own sales planners and adjacencies. The POG team at my store is given the hours for the planograms and revisions. Basically everything above the line on the adjacency calendar. We also do TNT / music on Friday but most weeks we do not get the hours to do that. However, if you look on the grid it shows Electronics TM is supposed to be doing those sales planners.

At my store we try to give SL hours under planogram to do their workload and HL hours under planogram to do their workload. Most weeks we are able to give them most of the required hours needed but some weeks it is just impossible with the payroll we have. If the plano workload is small then we will be scheduled to do the sales planners or at least help out. The team leaders on the floor are responsible for mapping their own stuff out and delegating it to whoever is scheduled under POG for them to do and to follow up with said TM's to make sure it is done correctly. As a SR PPTL I check in with both HL and SL TL's to make sure they have a plan and will be able to finish their workload. I will try to help where I can but being LOD 2-3 times a week and scheduled in either POG or Price Change the other days makes it difficult for me to do anything extra.

Wow what volume of a store are you in? And if the hardlines team is using plano hours to get sales planners done, I consider that the same thing as plano doing it. If you're getting the job done with your allocated hours, great job. My district is a little different. We all know it's plano's job but some stores have been giving the SPs to SFTLs for so long and just refuse to change. Others just have PPTLs that can't hack it. But about half of the stores are doing it right. Btw we currently have 4 plano TMs (although we're down one), and 1 is just a signing/revision TM.
So is your PPTL given the hours to set the sales planners or are they expected to do it with just the hours for POG's and revisions? If I was given the full hours on the adjacency calendar then hell yeah I would manage the whole process but that's not what I am told to do.

Our PPTL always plans 6 weeks out. She knows how much time her job is going to take, and lets HR know ahead of time. She has a great habit of getting the job done so they give her the hours she needs. Hours are allocated for sales planners, adjacencis and tables under sales floor hours on the adjacency calender. But she gives as many hours to her team as she can first, then uses the excess hours on trusted, trained TMs to set sales planners and help with transitions.

Btw guys I looked at myTime forecasting best practices and guidance today. It is stated both under hardlines/softlines and under presentation that the PPTL is responsible for completing the sales plan/visual adjacencies workload.

Last edited:

Set responsibilities chart has been around for many years its never changed. It did not receive a update when the PPTL became responsible for sales planers. I'm not saying that the plano team has to set them what I'm saying is the PPTL is responsible for getting them done. It is her/his metric.

Last edited:
not saying that the plano team has to set them what I'm saying is the PPTL is responsible for getting them done. It is her/his metric.
Exactly! And some PPTLs go complaining about how their "scores are red because sales floor team leads aren't getting their sales plans done." Oh boo hoo! It's just dumb and irresponsible for a TL.

TLs create the sales planners for their areas (at my store) but they'll have a TM set it if they have other obligations around the store. My TL is also an STL, so she takes on LOD responsibilities as well, so she'll ask me to set them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back