Archived Entire flow/backroom team protesting outside our store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow I got a text this morning from a TM that the entire flow/backroom team walked out before the store opened this morning and camped outside the store. I just dropped by the store and there are literally about 20 flow/backroom TMs at the front of our store holding up signs. The cops are there along with the DTL outside the store, but apparently they are refusing to get them off the property as long as they are not preventing guests from coming in the store.

This is not going to be good at all. I don't know what happened to set this off.

where is this happening,maybe we should go join them.........I have never heard of this happening before,I have seen lots of walk out over the years.

More info: Got a text from an ad-set TM that was there this morning. Apparently the ETL-LOG was on the walkie on channel 2 with the backroom TL and the log ETL told him "We are not giving these losers an ounce of overtime. Grab them by the arm and walk them out the door this week if you have to" and apparently he went on to refer to them with a bunch of not so nice names on the walkie.

Apparently some backroom/log TMs heard the conversation and that set this off.

This is all coming from an ad set TM so I don't know how reliable it is though. Honestly though our ETL-LOG is some 22 year old college grad who walks around like he is god, and honestly I have over heard him make negative comments about TMs (one time I saw him walk by a cart attendant and say "hey no reason to go to college when you can work at target pushing carts") in the past so I would not be surprised if the idiot did cause this.

that's a common sentiment held among these newly graduated ETL's and I never really understood it. They are the ones with a degree and the only job they could get is retail management. Sure they make more then the team members, but atleast there is honor in what hourly people do (well most of the time, i'm assuming), and most of the time the ETL's are completely inexperienced and worthless.

I always love the look of surprise some of the ETL's get when they find out that some of the TM's they have working for them have more education then they do.
Interested to hear more on this please keep us informed.
There is strength in numbers, there is power in common cause.

I always love the look of surprise some of the ETL's get when they find out that some of the TM's they have working for them have more education then they do.
Interested to hear more on this please keep us informed.
There is strength in numbers, there is power in common cause.

Yeah it's definately not a compliment to be selected and hired for an ETL position. It just means you're a type b beta/metrosexual/yes man/yes woman/ whose not intelligent enough to think for themselves our empathasize with other people.

That etl is toast. My question is, why didn't someone else notice or report it? If I was overnight flow tl & I heard/got answers about tms'. I would say something to him. If nothing changed or reported, document events, report it to etlhr or the stl without delay. If the stl doe nothing, contact etcher, with details.

sometimes the STL's have the same attitude. Not only did my last Stl have it, but that outlook extended to guests too. He was calling guests "idiots" under his breath on black friday last year, because they were asking him questions about the sales ad.

On that fact, did your dtl do anything? He/she should of been aware of this.. Our dtl would blast them out of job, provide with enough documentation on all events.

Last edited:
Nothing ever came of that because it wasn't reported. There was a brief period where he was drenched in nervous energy and anxiety and the rumor was he knew he was going to be fired because everyone hated him and he was an idiot. But that hasn't happened yet, he even gots himself a super target now.

Holy cow I got a text this morning from a TM that the entire flow/backroom team walked out before the store opened this morning and camped outside the store. I just dropped by the store and there are literally about 20 flow/backroom TMs at the front of our store holding up signs. The cops are there along with the DTL outside the store, but apparently they are refusing to get them off the property as long as they are not preventing guests from coming in the store.

This is not going to be good at all. I don't know what happened to set this off.

Wow. I don't know if I want to say "Occupy Target!", or ask if your store is now hiring Flow Team members...

That ETL is a jackass. Backroom/Flow are the last you want to piss off. We do all the dirty work!

wow. This makes me so sad. I read a lot of complaints on here about the ETL's and STL's and i think i must work at the best store ever because all of ours are amazing! I don't think our STL would even let an ETL act like that. All of our ETL's and our STL work right along side of us. It's not uncommon to see them on a register every shift multiple times, doing pulls, and zoning.

Hope this ETL is out the door because no one deserves to be treated like that.

heh sounds like a d bag to me!

do take it with a grain of salt though, depending on where you heard the rumours from... Amazing how much a story can change depending on who it filters through :)

This is so hilarious and so sad. It is the eptimany of everything that Target has become in the last few years.

1. Get rid of everybody who can actually do the job right because they cost too much.
  2. Hire people who are literally too brain dead to have worked in this industry before and put them into management positions! Never mind a college degree is not a certificate in maturity but in education.
  3. Cut off all responses from the team members to anybody above STL. Get rid of the team member meetings so that you can ignore the whole "complaints issues."
  4. Make sure team members are held to random numbers such as guest service scores that they have no control over.
  5. Give control with subjective indicators of promotions/hirings to people who are little better than teenagers.
  6. Make sure the working environment is very hostile due to overworked/overstressed team members.
  7. Make sure their hours are cut to get them off of health insurance. Team Leads can be given over time of course.
  8. Making firings random enough so they live in terror.
  9. Completely ignore all signs angry workers, go on national TV repeatedly and tell audiences Target is great because of the corporate structure and not the team members.
  10. ??????????????
  11. Profit until you realize that the credit market is freezing up as we go into 2012 and that $3 Billion dollar loan payment will be incredibly difficult to roll over without major refinancing up the wazoo and people actually see the cash flow.

Anybody want to take on bets that corporate not only ignores this but tells people that this was a "singular event that in no way represents the relationship that we have with our team members"?

I'm waiting for a newslink so we can hear corp downplay it.
That's absolute suicide to do something like that during Q4.

Have to agree with Redeye,the ripples will spread out from this and heads will roll,if there is any truth in what has been said.I bet a lot of people all the way up to dtl are running for cover.
Well off to work now for the start of a massive week,I hope it goes well for all of us.

This is so hilarious and so sad. It is the eptimany of everything that Target has become in the last few years.

1. Get rid of everybody who can actually do the job right because they cost too much.
  2. Hire people who are literally too brain dead to have worked in this industry before and put them into management positions! Never mind a college degree is not a certificate in maturity but in education.
  3. Cut off all responses from the team members to anybody above STL. Get rid of the team member meetings so that you can ignore the whole "complaints issues."
  4. Make sure team members are held to random numbers such as guest service scores that they have no control over.
  5. Give control with subjective indicators of promotions/hirings to people who are little better than teenagers.
  6. Make sure the working environment is very hostile due to overworked/overstressed team members.
  7. Make sure their hours are cut to get them off of health insurance. Team Leads can be given over time of course.
  8. Making firings random enough so they live in terror.
  9. Completely ignore all signs angry workers, go on national TV repeatedly and tell audiences Target is great because of the corporate structure and not the team members.
  10. ??????????????
  11. Profit until you realize that the credit market is freezing up as we go into 2012 and that $3 Billion dollar loan payment will be incredibly difficult to roll over without major refinancing up the wazoo and people actually see the cash flow.

Anybody want to take on bets that corporate not only ignores this but tells people that this was a "singular event that in no way represents the relationship that we have with our team members"?

This should totally be a poster in the BreakRoom :eek: 100% accurate

You made my day by posting this. I love drama. I hope this gets all the way to corporate and they make an example out of this ETL-LOG.

wow. This makes me so sad. I read a lot of complaints on here about the ETL's and STL's and i think i must work at the best store ever because all of ours are amazing! I don't think our STL would even let an ETL act like that. All of our ETL's and our STL work right along side of us. It's not uncommon to see them on a register every shift multiple times, doing pulls, and zoning.

Hope this ETL is out the door because no one deserves to be treated like that.

Consider yourself lucky. Most stores used to be like yours ten years ago, but not anymore. Very sad.

My last fresh out of school ETL LOG was inept and only lasted a few months. I kept reporting him to my STL and HR. They said I had to give him a chance, which I did but I knew after the 2nd week he was never going to get it. Thankfully after a few months he gave up saying it wasn't for him. I finally got a good ETL unfortunately I already had one foot out the door because T had done me so wrong. A Flow TL is one of the biggest burn out positions.

I don't know what that ETL was thinking when backroom is on 2 and so are various tm's at any given time. My team was very upset when I left but understood. I can't wait to see what happens here. A whole team sticking together and walking out like that. My team was instrumental on BF. They were the biggest team that was stocking the autofills, setting ad and helping the guests in the first wave of the opening rush.

There was an emergency logistics conference call this morning that our ETL LOG in on.
I wonder if at any time it was mentioned to not say nasty things on channel 2?

Last edited:
As a BR TL overnight, I say numerous times a week to my etl's and my TM's that I'm lucky to have such hard working TM's, they make my job a million times easier. It means alot to them knowing others acknowledge their hard work. I know some people/etl's are stupid and dOnt deserve their position but how can you be so stupid to say that over a walkie? Reminds me of an interview I conducted where I guy brought up that a girl said he was sexually harassing her at his previous job and that was a difficult situation he had to handle and that it wasn't true. It's not a matter of if u did it or not, it's the fact that you would even bring that up in an interview that stopped me from hiring u.

More info: Got a text from an ad-set TM that was there this morning. Apparently the ETL-LOG was on the walkie on channel 2 with the backroom TL and the log ETL told him "We are not giving these losers an ounce of overtime. Grab them by the arm and walk them out the door this week if you have to" and apparently he went on to refer to them with a bunch of not so nice names on the walkie.

Apparently some backroom/log TMs heard the conversation and that set this off.

This is all coming from an ad set TM so I don't know how reliable it is though. Honestly though our ETL-LOG is some 22 year old college grad who walks around like he is god, and honestly I have over heard him make negative comments about TMs (one time I saw him walk by a cart attendant and say "hey no reason to go to college when you can work at target pushing carts") in the past so I would not be surprised if the idiot did cause this.
Keep us updated. This is an interesting story going into Thanksgiving week.

This is going to be DRAMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back