Archived Equipment Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of our walkies are lacking an antenna and it's difficult to hear someone on the other side of the store. Most of the other half have exposed metal antennas that will burn you if you are somehow touching that antenna and transmitting at the same time. No intention on ordering new ones or repairing them.

If the antenna is exposed, cover it with tape. It's not a great fix, but at least you're not touching bare wire. Your ETL-GE or equipment captain (if your store has one) should be ordering replacements.

How about the BR signing out one of the three electronics keys for themselves (of which we need all 3 on the floor) and simply leaving it magnetized at the top of the doorframe to the locked stockroom? Not visible unless you looked, but still out in the open. New electronics TL nearly had a brain aneurysm when they saw it. At first, they asked which of us had done it, and when confronted with the fact that we had our keys signed out and on our person, realizing that the one signed out simply to "BR" was the one left, nearly tore off the BRTL's head (who knew they were getting the key and leaving it around so they "didn't sacrifice speed waiting" on us) This is the screams at TMs in the back, CCA'd the ETL-AP BRTL I've mentioned before, who decided that his team waiting on Electronics or Photo to open the door was too much of a hassle, so he told his team to sign out a key and leave it where all of them could get to it (but not in the back, no, that would be too incriminating as if the signing out the key to BR wasn't.) Thankfully, this BRTL is now on very very thin ice once the STL and ETL-AP (who is very pleasant, until you piss her off) found out.
My store got really strict with electronics keys last year. Now only TMs scheduled as electronics can sign out a key. Even though Backroom and ship from store need to get back there multiple times per day and there are multiple keys available in the lockbox.

Often the LOD or even the SFT/PMT ends up coming up to unlock the door after I keep calling for electronics.

I don't understand why they can't just put a keypad lock on the door or even change the lock so it is a separate key that can't open display cases.

I don't understand why they can't just put a keypad lock on the door or even change the lock so it is a separate key that can't open display cases.
For as long as I've been working at my store, there has always been a key specifically marked for backroom that would only open the lockup in the back. That didn't stop backroom from checking out all the electronics keys in the morning (ironically not checking out the backroom key). After a backroom team member one of the electronics keys hanging on the lockup door during a visit (for AP nonetheless), they have only been allowed to use the backroom key.

We used to take car keys in exchange for equipment. In lieu of that (for those who didn't have a car, which was may folks in a large Metro environment) we took IDs. To get the keys or IDs back they had to turn in the equipment or be prepared to have to pay for it being lost/missing. We seldom had problems with them returning the items.

Oh hell no, my keys or ID is a big theft issue. But then not everyone is an adult who was taught you treat your tools with respect and you protect them.

We used to take car keys in exchange for equipment. In lieu of that (for those who didn't have a car, which was may folks in a large Metro environment) we took IDs. To get the keys or IDs back they had to turn in the equipment or be prepared to have to pay for it being lost/missing. We seldom had problems with them returning the items.
Oh hell no, my keys or ID is a big theft issue. But then not everyone is an adult who was taught you treat your tools with respect and you protect them.
Why not take TM discount cards or (if they have one) the old target photo IDs that can be swiped through the timeclock? Then you know who it is and you have something that they'll want back that isn't a huge theft issue.

Our equipment control is absolutely horrible. It just doesn't exist. Equipment is communal, the door is not locked (there used to be a sign saying "door to be locked at all times" even though it was unlocked all the time, then they took the sign down and added a piece of plastic to prevent the door from closing all the way), and anyone can take a walkie, PDA, or mydevice with no sign-out procedure or accountability beyond the equipment report that would show who logged in last to that particular PDA (not sure this exists for mydevices, and definitely doesn't for walkies).

We stopped enforcing sign out sheets for PDAs awhile ago because they can be tracked on workbench who used it last.

Walkies on the other hand have to be signed out. Mydevices have to be signed out too.

Well, we are back to having to sign everything in and out again. This time it has lasted longer than usual so maybe it will stick this time .

Well, we are back to having to sign everything in and out again. This time it has lasted longer than usual so maybe it will stick this time .
Lol it won't happen. One LOD will get lazy and leave the cabinet unlocked, then it will eventually stay that way. A better system would be to have specific equipment for each team/department, that way everything gets treated better and no one is stuck looking for a PDA because flow or salesfloor just had to have one for some reason. Like this post:
Our equipment control is actually really good. Each work center is assigned a specific amount of PDAs/LPDAs (ex. Pricing has 4 PDAs and 1 LPDA, Electronics has their own PDA, Hardlines has their own PDA, Softlines has their own PDA, EM has 5 PDAs assigned to them, etc). Another thing is that the Price Accuracy, Plano, and Instocks equipment are locked up in a separate cabinet and only those TLs have a key to it (not all the Execs have 1) and we respect each others equipment, where instead of just taking from one another in that cabinet, we first ask if there are any extras in case one team doesnt have everyone scheduled that day. Works out quite well, especially since we hold ourselves accountable for our own equipment

There is no equipment control at my store except for keys. In our TSC area, our equipment is kept in a locker by the HR computer. Only the HR key and LODs have a key to open the locker. The thing is, they always leave the cabinet open even with the Mydevices. Heck, I believe we are already missing some mydevices from the looks of it (or they broke already). Our supply of walkies is slowly dwindling. I believe there is only 3 "normal" walkies out of 15 ish walkies we have. The rest have a bent antenna, exposed antenna or no antenna at all. 1/2 of the ones we tend not work 1/2 the time. As for the PDAs, our supply of PDAs has gone down. I am sure some people hid them but these past 2 weeks, I have seen only 6 PDAs in the locker at one time.

My store doesnt enforce the sign in/out sheet. No one gets talk to, no one gets coached. So someone can escenally brake equipment and know they wont get in trouble because no ETL cares to check equipment anymore. All ETLs dont want to come back to TSC to unlock the cabinet every 15 minutes.

On a side note, the mydevices are so annoying. I hate after 5 minutes of not using the mydevice, the scanner stops working. The only solution is to restart the mydevice.

There is no equipment control at my store except for keys.
We are the same, but possibly with even less control over keys. At my store keys are kept at guest service in a locked box, and the key for said locked box is about 10 feet away. It relies on the honor system for people to sign their keys in and out, theoretically anyone could take whatever keys they wanted. There is a camera watching though. There is an upside to this, it's very convenient when you have to get the IR key to shut up one of the price match or gift registry iPads.

No someone left it in a guests cart and Goodwill called the next day saying a customer donated it and called us seeing we are the only Target in the community. And yes we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back