Archived Equipment Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to the APTL about signing equipment out. She's not happy with how poorly our Team signs keys/devices out (essentially, they don't).

So, we were trying to brainstorm some ideas that might make the process easier or maybe incentive the Team to sign out (and back in) equipment.

What does your store do that has been an effective solution to this problem?

You could check the iOS/PDA usage report or whatever it's called and follow up with TMs that didn't sign out or in their equipment.

Is your APTL ok with being a dick to get this accomplished? If so, she just needs to go around the store once per day and ask every TM in the store if they have keys/PDA/iPod and if they signed it out. If they didn't sign it out, tell them they need to go do it now.

We've got the cabinet locked, it can only be opened by the LOD or AP. Everything gets signed out. Not signed out = coaching, equipment not signed back in/not put inside locked cabinet = coaching.

It's a pain in the ass, but the equipment is almost always accounted for.

The team is good about returning equipment, just not signing it out. There's no trail should equipment walk away.

The other issue is the passing of equipment. Flow usually takes it early morning and as special teams come in, they walkie for whatever is in Flow hands. Tracking an TM down to just take whatever is hard enough.

I see the signing out as a lost cause in our store.

BTW, our APTL is the nicest person. She couldn't be a dick if she tried.

We tried locking the cabinet, LODs couldn't be bothered to actually come and open it so people would just leave stuff on the desk after waiting for 15-20min past their shift to sign in equipment. Then get coached by HR for overstaying their shift.

We have a sheet and she does random checks to see if what it says is what equipment you have.

The team is good about returning equipment, just not signing it out. There's no trail should equipment walk away.

The other issue is the passing of equipment. Flow usually takes it early morning and as special teams come in, they walkie for whatever is in Flow hands. Tracking an TM down to just take whatever is hard enough.

I see the signing out as a lost cause in our store.

BTW, our APTL is the nicest person. She couldn't be a dick if she tried.
There is a trail if they sign in on the equipment. Before you could edit the Log to input what number devices are tied to the serial numbers I created a Excel to reference. I still keep it updated and on me for a quick reference. AND keep it updated when devices are sent out for replacement.

There is a trail if they sign in on the equipment. Before you could edit the Log to input what number devices are tied to the serial numbers I created a Excel to reference. I still keep it updated and on me for a quick reference. AND keep it updated when devices are sent out for replacement.

MyDevices are traceable, but only for whomever signs in on it. Who gets the device in the morning first, signs in and then when it's passed to a new user that day, that user may or may not resign in under their name. I've picked up devices first thing in the morning still signed in by the last TM that used it the previous day. Keys and PDAs don't have traceability features built-in.

MyDevices are traceable, but only for whomever signs in on it. Who gets the device in the morning first, signs in and then when it's passed to a new user that day, that user may or may not resign in under their name. I've picked up devices first thing in the morning still signed in by the last TM that used it the previous day. Keys and PDAs don't have traceability features built-in.

What would really help is if corporate could use the RFID technology they plan to implement on products and allow stores to put RFID tags on keys and equipment, thus allowing stores to track the location of devices and keys using RFID.

You can see who's signed into a pda

Stress to them to sign out of the myDevices & PDAs when handing off.

Get your ETL to start writing people up for it. Give them a weeks grace period of huddles explain what is about to happen and then write them up. If you find equipment un-attended grab it and take it up front. There are stores that are still not up to prototype after equipment was being stolen last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back