Archived ESIM LABELS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the deal is with the ESIM labels coming from Guest Service lately? The printed labels on the defect merchandise just say ESIM instead of ST, FL, O, CA etc. This just started about a week ago at our store. It kind of makes sorting pretty difficult.

It’s been affecting my store and defects via the PDA. Target is slowing getting rid of the old system. Unfortunately, they seem to get rid of the ESIM Category system before Guest Service got the new POS. Only way to double check is to defect via the zebra and void the defect (scan the defect label on the zebra and tap void) after finding out which category.

I called CSC about this and they told me that everything needs to be defected on the myDevice now. They said that it was communicated on workbench but it wasn't. Just make sure the hip printer is set on *ZPL and not EZ Print so it will print the tags. And what JohnSith said is the way to figure out the category for stuff that has already been processed out.

I called CSC about this and they told me that everything needs to be defected on the myDevice now. They said that it was communicated on workbench but it wasn't. Just make sure the hip printer is set on *ZPL and not EZ Print so it will print the tags. And what JohnSith said is the way to figure out the category for stuff that has already been processed out.
That’s rediculous that GS can’t defect via POS anymore if that’s true. That’s a core part of our job they’re making more difficult. I hope they plan on fixing.

It definitively was not on purpose. It's not affecting only POS.
I just... how do you* break something that’s literally worked for years if not decades... and not know how to fix it.

*not you specifically, of course

Thanks for the replies. So Guest Service is defecting on the PDA and need to be doing it on the My Device. I’ll let them know about it tomorrow.

Why do we need it to give you a category? Doesn't all ESIM just go to the same container?

Nothing has been changed in that codebase in years which is why the teams are stuck
... maybe I’m being stupid but if nothing changed... why did something change?

Any eta on fix?
Why do we need it to give you a category? Doesn't all ESIM just go to the same container?
at GS, yes, but Cart attendent sorts in backroom.

Thanks for the replies. So Guest Service is defecting on the PDA and need to be doing it on the My Device. I’ll let them know about it tomorrow.
No— they’re defecting on POS, as trained. You can try to get them to switch to mydevice but they probably won’t... hopefully POS is fixed soon.

The cart attendant sorts it in the back room? Not at my store. They put in all in a box and it ends up on the floor in receiving. I get box after box of junk they don’t want to deal with. The even put stuff back there with a note on it to toss.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the ESIM labels coming from Guest Service lately? The printed labels on the defect merchandise just say ESIM instead of ST, FL, O, CA etc. This just started about a week ago at our store. It kind of makes sorting pretty difficult.
Just sort your esim with your pda and will tell you where it goes . Otc, chem, hba, st , hairspray fl , and so on. By now it should be second nature to all the receivers where it goes . So do the sort with the pda

The cart attendant sorts it in the back room? Not at my store. They put in all in a box and it ends up on the floor in receiving. I get box after box of junk they don’t want to deal with. The even put stuff back there with a note on it to toss.
Our receiver put a note across the various tubs (st, do, ca, etc) that says "place all items in ESIM sort bin".

It is indeed on workbench under communication.

Well it was not communicated to the people who need to know anyone who works GS and people who take stuff up there to defect it cause the bin is up there. I don't get much time to actually sit and read workbench so its really on the leadership to tell us stuff. But we don't do huddles anymore.

Just sort your esim with your pda and will tell you where it goes . Otc, chem, hba, st , hairspray fl , and so on. By now it should be second nature to all the receivers where it goes . So do the sort with the pda
It does not tell you anymore what bin it goes in if you scan the sticker that was printed out defecting using the PDA or just the barcode on the product itself. It just pops up with the item info but no bin. For most things you can figure out which bin it goes in easily enough but there are random makeups that are FL which is very hard to tell unless you go through the ingredients and know which ones will make it flammable (and no one has time for that)

No— they’re defecting on POS, as trained. You can try to get them to switch to mydevice but they probably won’t... hopefully POS is fixed soon.
This is odd to me because at my store they have been using the PDA for years to defect, how else would they get the sticker printed out to know if it was ESIM/Salavage/CRC? (I legitimately don't know how defecting on the POS would work, never have had a GS shift.)

It is indeed on workbench under communication.
I did not see anything under the communications until I called into CSC again this week to find out what was going on. Called last Friday when it was first an issue and got no help called again Monday and luckily got someone who was able to help me. Told me it was on workbench, I checked as soon as I got off the phone with the guy and CSC and it was not there. But it did show up a few hours later. The communication section on workbench is absolute crap, it should be at the top of the screen so we don't have to scroll to find it and it should actually load. About half the time I need to reload the page to get something to pop up in that section.

This is odd to me because at my store they have been using the PDA for years to defect, how else would they get the sticker printed out to know if it was ESIM/Salavage/CRC? (I legitimately don't know how defecting on the POS would work, never have had a GS shift.)
GSTMs (almost) exclusively use POS to defect. we have a special program on our registers called sort stuff that connects to a printer to print defective labels. next time you walk by GS, look in the lower right of the screen-- K8 Sort Stuff. It also tells us what cart items go in to for reshop, and lets us print rewrap and repackage stickers.

GSTMs (almost) exclusively use POS to defect. we have a special program on our registers called sort stuff that connects to a printer to print defective labels. next time you walk by GS, look in the lower right of the screen-- K8 Sort Stuff. It also tells us what cart items go in to for reshop, and lets us print rewrap and repackage stickers.
Ok, I didn't know the Sort thing also printed out stickers. I always assumed they only used the PDA.

Well, that's what we do at my store.
We have a plastic bin (like a Sterilite) that says ESIM, we bag everything, zip tie it, drop it in the box, send it off on the flat to Receiving at the end of the night with the Salvage and CRC.
Not sure what happens after that.

What do y'all do?

If we're supposed to be defecting ESIM out via Zebra then how are we supposed to do returns for items that automatically go to ESIM?

We have a plastic bin (like a Sterilite) that says ESIM, we bag everything, zip tie it, drop it in the box, send it off on the flat to Receiving at the end of the night with the Salvage and CRC.

What do y'all do?

We have a bin as well, receiver sorts it all from there I guess

Ok, I didn't know the Sort thing also printed out stickers. I always assumed they only used the PDA.
yup, we connect it to a printer and it spits em out. we can also defect stuff mid-return... the pos will ask us if there's anything wrong with the item and if we hit yes, defective, it'll print one out there too.

What do y'all do?
It gets sorted under outbound for tracking and after it gets picked up by your state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back