Ethics violation?

I agree . I’m only saying that just because is said that they can’t coach off the camera if they want to come after you they will, and that will be the wording that they would use and it can’t be proved otherwise .
I understand. But this kind of stuff is exactly why tms don't believe those videos they make us watch. "We're an ethical company. No retaliation. We promise." Meanwhile, they're stabbing you in the back. I trust my immediate tl, but any other supervisor on up to the CEO? I think they'd feed a baby ground glass, wash it down with superglue, and smile while they did it to make a buck.

I understand. But this kind of stuff is exactly why tms don't believe those videos they make us watch. "We're an ethical company. No retaliation. We promise." Meanwhile, they're stabbing you in the back. I trust my immediate tl, but any other supervisor on up to the CEO? I think they'd feed a baby ground glass, wash it down with superglue, and smile while they did it to make a buck.
Ohh for sure . I trust no one .

Our ETL's are doing something similar but only to certain departments. And to TM's that do chat a lot, but they do also get A TON of work done and are excellent employees overall.

This is the advice I gave to those TM's (who are not my TM's, but they asked what they could do):

1. As they're listing what you're to be doing for the day, visibly write it down. By visibly I mean get a little notebook, write it down as they're talking. Let them see you're taking notes and being attentive to their requests. DO NOT use your phone.

2. After they're done listing, THANK THEM (I know, but seriously they'll love it) ask which tasks are the priority. Lately it's been ZONE first, reshop, then push. Even if it's repetitive, ask it.

3. Throughout your day, do the tasks. Say it took 30 minutes to zone, 20 to push reshop, then you pushed for an hour before your 15. Write all that down. At 2pm you got pulled to do 2 SFS carts? Write that down and also how long it took you. Take a pic of MPM stats when you're done. You had to backup at the lanes for 20 minutes at 4pm? Write that down.

Truly anything and everything you can think of to speak to your own personal volume of work and accomplishments. Keep the log so that if you do get pulled aside again by anyone, you have it and know exactly what you did. If they're still on you, go to the SD with your info. If all of the store's TM's are doing this and you're doing what you can, you're establishing a pattern to the SD that you're all doing what you can and then the SD can go to the ETL about why they're not supporting you.

As a TL in a store with a lot of new upper management, I do all of this too. Cover your butt always.

KEEP IN MIND. They can access reports for everything you're doing. Don't fudge the number like how long you had to look for items or how long you were at the lanes. While they can't coach from the cameras, they will likely check them.
This is excellent advice but our SD is a huge problem as well, possibly the main problem, so absolutely not going to them. Our HR ETL should also be ashamed lately. They (basically all of them) also don't even have clear instructions a lot of the time. No one really knows what to do if ANYTHING goes remotely astray from "the plan". Needed to help OPU since suddenly 15 batches appeared? Doesn't matter, still should've finished freight. I've gotten talked to for not helping with fulfillment when asked, because when i helped the last time, at the direction of the fulfillment team lead, an ETL gave me shit for "not staying in my area". Can't win.

It's basically just constant paranoia about if you're fast enough (you're probably not), or doing the right thing at the right time on that specific day depending on what leaders are there, and if they know what's going on. It's just an absolute dumpster fire of a store. Even vendors and guests have asked me "what happened here?" 😂

P.S. if you're a fulfillment team lead that begs for team members from another area to pick batches when their own area is screwed, and you're not on break or lunch, and talking in the back to ETLs about nothing work related, and NOT in a batch yourself, you're garbage.

Last edited:
This is excellent advice but our SD is a huge problem as well, possibly the main problem, so absolutely not going to them. Our HR ETL should also be ashamed lately. They (basically all of them) also don't even have clear instructions a lot of the time. No one really knows what to do if ANYTHING goes remotely astray from "the plan". Needed to help OPU since suddenly 15 batches appeared? Doesn't matter, still should've finished freight. I've gotten talked to for not helping with fulfillment when asked, because when i helped the last time, at the direction of the fulfillment team lead, an ETL gave me shit for "not staying in my area". Can't win.

It's basically just constant paranoia about if you're fast enough (you're probably not), or doing the right thing at the right time on that specific day depending on what leaders are there, and if they know what's going on. It's just an absolute dumpster fire of a store. Even vendors and guests have asked me "what happened here?" 😂

P.S. if you're a fulfillment team lead that begs for team members from another area to pick batches when their own area is screwed, and you're not on break or lunch, and talking in the back to ETLs about nothing work related, and NOT in a batch yourself, you're garbage.
That's a shame 😂 Our SD isn't perfect (our last one was amazing) but they are always working their ass off on the floor with us when they can. Same with all but one ETL (unfortunately, mine lol). I'm a FTL and literally always everywhere. Most days I keep 2 devices on me to keep track of everything in Fulfillment if they have me somewhere else also. It's definitely not the Target of even one year ago, that's for sure.

In your situation I'd still be keeping track of everything because in the event I was fired or got to a breaking point I'd be emailing a lengthy, professional email to the DSD and every single person above them. Your management chain is in your Workday. If I'm going down, the DSD and up are knowing everything they're doing and hiding in my store. Period.

Our SD likes to sweep the back or slowly just move random shit around to different boats Walk around, sit in the office. Maybe do a cart of something every now and then. Criticize. Go on vacation. Lol. Lately she walks around writing something on her clipboard while angrily watching us work.

I don't want to give away my exact store but I heard they're about to make some drastic changes and it's gonna be BAD. Something about going back to different teams and no one has a very specific area or something? Like how they got rid of DBOs but worse. I'm assuming it's another "good in theory" thing that won't work since it'll be the same people with the same hours lol and it's just not enough

If there is no policy, its not a violation.
If leadership can twist the language of your roles and responsibilities to make it look like you are not measuring up, then they can get away with it.

Last edited:
Something about going back to different teams and no one has a very specific area or something? Like how they got rid of DBOs but worse. I'm assuming it's another "good in theory" thing that won't work since it'll be the same people with the same hours lol and it's just not enough
2023 New pilots? - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/2023-new-pilots.29179/
New Merch Ops TL - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/new-merch-ops-tl.29237/
Process teams vs area teams pilot

I think so? I'm there later in the day and it seems like freight it supposed to be gone and I'm not supposed to have to do any usually. It's not fully happening just yet. Like whoever comes early does the truck and we focus on pulls and backstock if needed later. You may have been a domestics DBO for the last year but now you push chem, or baby, or whatever else there is if there's freight for that.

Team members and team leads are being threatened by ETLs and the SD with corrective actions for not "coming completely clean" in their area. At the same time, no one is allowed to extend shifts or work overtime. Is this an ethics violation? This would be understandable with different circumstances, but there is a clearly impossible amount of work to finish. I had 13 total boats of pulls and freight in a 6 hour shift today, and technically 14 more pallets sitting in another trailer. Plus zone, reshop, OPU help, etc. Obviously not doable.
That is crazy bro. I am glad I am not part of this shitshow. I already quit Target with a two week notice since I cannot afford enough money to commute 30 miles. Work at Walmart instead, or better off prefer working as a janitor at cleaning companies, you will have more hours, benefits, and overtime. Apparently, Target makes employee do more work, and pay them way less like they don't wanna pay a cent above $15/hr to any entry-level workers.

That is crazy bro. I am glad I am not part of this shitshow. I already quit Target with a two week notice since I cannot afford enough money to commute 30 miles. Work at Walmart instead, or better off prefer working as a janitor at cleaning companies, you will have more hours, benefits, and overtime. Apparently, Target makes employee do more work, and pay them way less like they don't wanna pay a cent above $15/hr to any entry-level workers.
As far as wages go, that depends on the store. My store starts above $15, and we aren't in a major city or even a big city.

As far as wages go, that depends on the store. My store starts above $15, and we aren't in a major city or even a big city.
I don't even make $15.50 yet with the raises and it's been several years. Big store, big town, lots of people do a lot of work for the same or less here.

Back