Archived Etl business college

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowing an ETL for 6 weeks learning to run an already green process. Mixed with some computer training that doesn't get recorded.

When I see the framed degree in their offices. I laugh and laugh - ETL business college - it even sounds silly.
Maybe they should also get a sticker for their car window. Target ETL Business College. It would make a parent proud (eyeroll)

My ex had a stupid degree too. Bruce Hardwood Intaller Degree - all it meant was that he was taught how to hammer nails correctly and apply a finish without blobbing. It was framed on a thick piece of wood and laminated (probably with polyeurthane). It looked better than the expensive degree he had from a real college.

Makes me thing of Wayne & his certificate from "VermTech" (Over the Hedge).

Last edited:
This posting by @@Mhugh220 should answer most questions:
You are an hourly employee until the end of business college (6 weeks). As long as you clock in 50 hours you will get paid the salary offered to you. Remember to get as close to 5o as possible so you get your full paycheck. Your first 2-3 days will be in a classroom setting with other ETLs. You'll learn a few hot topics about Target - mostly HR (how to treat your TMs), some AP stuff, and most definitely about how Target is pro-team not anti-union. You'll probably learn a lot about the new initiative they are introducing at the time. I came in during the VIBE so we learned a lot about that. This will be from 9am-5pm each day, maybe less depending on the person teaching it.

On your 3rd or 4th day you will start at your training store. Here you will shadow an ETL (in your case HR) for the next 6 weeks (minus 3 days). Your training will be a combination of computer-based and hands-on training. Your schedule will mirror your trainer's schedule. So no more 9am-5pm. One day may be early morning and the next could be closing, or closing then opening. Just depends on how your store does ETL scheduling.

You'll learn a lot over the next 6 weeks. You won't learn everything but a good amount about the fundamentals of leadership and expectations at Target. There will be a few days during this training that you will be back in the classroom. Those dates will be determined later.

After the 6 weeks, if assigned to a store with a vacancy, you will start at your new store. Here you will shadow the STL and perform LOD duties. Training is set at two weeks of LOD duties but some stores extend that for new ETLs. If you don't have a vacancy then you will either stay at your training store or go to another store as an extra ETL until your position is opened.

Once you are in role, which technically begins on your first day at your assigned store, you are no longer in training and will now be salary (no more clocking in).

Mhugh220, Oct 6, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back