Archived ETL-HR (Career Change)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASF

Hello All,

I have been working in the retail industry part time since high school (so about ten years now). I'm currently working as a Project Coordinator full time and a cashier at another retailer part time. I really enjoy being at my retail job more because sitting at a cubicle all day is just not my favorite thing to do.

I'm one class away from getting my Master's in Management and Leadership and wanted to either go into HR or retail store management and I came across Target's ETL-HR position.

I've read through the forum and saw that you do not really have a work/life balance which is fine for me as I don't have one now and am just a single girl with plenty of time to work. I rather being doing that at one job as opposed to two anymore.

The starting pay appears to be more than I'm making now working both jobs so I'm wondering if you all have any advice for applying or if this is a career path I should consider.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Hello All,

I have been working in the retail industry part time since high school (so about ten years now). I'm currently working as a Project Coordinator full time and a cashier at another retailer part time. I really enjoy being at my retail job more because sitting at a cubicle all day is just not my favorite thing to do.

I'm one class away from getting my Master's in Management and Leadership and wanted to either go into HR or retail store management and I came across Target's ETL-HR position.

I've read through the forum and saw that you do not really have a work/life balance which is fine for me as I don't have one now and am just a single girl with plenty of time to work. I rather being doing that at one job as opposed to two anymore.

The starting pay appears to be more than I'm making now working both jobs so I'm wondering if you all have any advice for applying or if this is a career path I should consider.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Most districts are over headcount when it comes to ETLs right now, and they are likely trying to figure out how to get last year's interns positions before bringing on anymore applicants. You can attempt to apply though and see how it goes.

I would say if you want to get into HR specifically, the best route would be to aim for the Senior HRTL positions that are new to the company. They will range between 15-20 an hour depending on the COL of your area and experience. You then could (hypothetically as the structures are changing so drastically) work your way up the HR chain depending on what they open up in the future for those. The other route, if you just want to be an ETL, is to apply for any ETL position and forget the HR portion as the ETL-HR is going away. Again, there might be a wait on that part so it completely depends on your districts current needs if any.

Unfortunately Target is in the process of phasing out the ETL HR position for an hourly senior team lead position with similar duties but nowhere near as much pay.

If you have a master's I personally would pursue a better paying job. Most ETL hrs at Target have a bachelor's in communication or something similar.

Unfortunately Target is in the process of phasing out the ETL HR position for an hourly senior team lead position with similar duties but nowhere near as much pay.

If you have a master's I personally would pursue a better paying job. Most ETL hrs at Target have a bachelor's in communication or something similar.
Or something completely unrelated, like sports management.

I would aim for STL to make yourself look ambitious because you're getting your masters (even though they RARELY IF EVER hire external STLs) so the least they would do is offer you an ETL position ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back