Archived ETL looking for info on TM posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a TM post for a position in another dept. I have a SBX TM who would like to move to HL.

He should go to SBTL and tell her that it's not for him, and he would like to try something else. He then would go to HR and see if there is anything else available. If he was hired for sbux, they may say no.

Sooooo, no other option, even though there are positions posted throughout the store?

Yes, there may be options, but since you already work there, it wouldn't really be applying. I am going to guess that you have previous sbux/coffee experience. We are always happy to see this, of course. You owe it to your TL to be honest, and tell her it's not working for you. She probably knows it's bad already. I would support you moving departments if there is a place--not all stores would. If I were your TL, depending on the Barista situation, I would ask you to commit to working as much as a month more in sbux, so I could get someone else hired. I would at least expect you to finish the posted schedule. Advice to you on this last point, if TL is vague about time, insist on a date so it doesn't end up turning into 6 months.

If there are positions to fill, it seems likely that you will be able to change departments. HR will be able to help you.

Wait are you the ETL?

If you are remaining in the same store then you can't just apply behind their back. Be an adult and let them know you want to move, then talk to HR. I doubt any TL wants someone who doesn't want to be there.

If you are ETL, you are SOL.
If op is an ETL, they just need to work with their peers to move the TM and get him trained if needed. If can be as simple as a quick conversation and making a change in myTime.

Sooooo, no other option, even though there are positions posted throughout the store?
If this TM isn't cutting it in Starbucks, not too many other depts will want to waste training/hours on someone who might not work out for THEM either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back