Archived ETL Resigning

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
Just found out my ETL is resigning because of a new job he got. (He's wanted a weekday job with weekends off because of family) Really sad about it him leaving because he's super nice and really easy to get along with. Also he actually helped out and did stuff around the store unlike my other ETL's I had in the past... Hoping whoever they find to replace him is good. :( Anyone else had to deal with loseing an awesome boss/co-worker?

Story of my store. All the good ones leave to get promoted elsewhere or get better pay outside of target. Good ones leave and you're left with the scraps
So far all of my other leader are amazing as well. It's just hard with change because you never know how it'll turn out with someone new

I have a tl;dr collection of Best Boss stories from over the years but there are a few that stand out, like this one at one of my old jobs who looked a lot like Anton LaVey (but was actually Catholic lol) and he always had this way of making everyone feel at ease, super laid back personality, always laughing and talkative. He would come over to help us work just so he could shoot the shit. Working with him felt more like going fishing with your favorite uncle than work. Lots of hilarity went on while he was there. One night someone saw a gigantic wolf spider in the backroom and he caught it in a jar and said he was going to take it home and scare the shit out of his wife. Another night he caught an employee smoking a blunt in his car, tapped on his window and hollered "YO DAWG I HEARD U LIKE JAIL SO I CALLED THE 5-0 ON YO AZZ...nah just playin but for real put that shit out and don't let me see it again" lmfao. We were all super bummed out when he got an offer from PepsiCo that paid 50% more per year than he was making there, which he of course accepted. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
tenor.gif

I have a tl;dr collection of Best Boss stories from over the years but there are a few that stand out, like this one at one of my old jobs who looked a lot like Anton LaVey (but was actually Catholic lol) and he always had this way of making everyone feel at ease, super laid back personality, always laughing and talkative. He would come over to help us work just so he could shoot the shit. Working with him felt more like going fishing with your favorite uncle than work. Lots of hilarity went on while he was there. One night someone saw a gigantic wolf spider in the backroom and he caught it in a jar and said he was going to take it home and scare the shit out of his wife. Another night he caught an employee smoking a blunt in his car, tapped on his window and hollered "YO DAWG I HEARD U LIKE JAIL SO I CALLED THE 5-0 ON YO AZZ...nah just playin but for real put that shit out and don't let me see it again" lmfao. We were all super bummed out when he got an offer from PepsiCo that paid 50% more per year than he was making there, which he of course accepted. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
People like that are just awesome to work with

We just lost one of our best ETL LOG, she definitely was not prepared for logistics and left to another store to run the front. But she was so awesome, super nice, and she covered for me over and over again when i'd show up late, sometimes totally hungover, and she knew it too, we even joked about it when she left. She even pushed hard for me to become a TL which never came to anything, but something i really appreciated. I always read/hear stories of total asshole TLs and up and i feel like i lucked out, other then 1 TL, the rest of our management staff is pretty good.

If target paid more for talent, we'd probably be an amazing store, but we always lose the best tm's who come in and realize that they can come in, work their butts off, and still only make as much as the other tm who'll show up and slack off all day. It sucks because you can see the toll it takes on leadership, i know my TL tries his best but theres only so much you can do.

My first boss at Target was a badass TL who worked for the company for nearly three decades. She was super supportive of her non-neurotypical TMs who felt comfortable disclosing issues to her and would go out of her way to research ways to accommodate their needs. She didn’t take shit from anyone, whether guests, ETLs, or higher leadership figures than store level. Of all the bosses I’ve had at various jobs over the years, she was my absolute favorite, and I cried a lot when she retired.

My first boss at Target was a badass TL who worked for the company for nearly three decades. She was super supportive of her non-neurotypical TMs who felt comfortable disclosing issues to her and would go out of her way to research ways to accommodate their needs. She didn’t take shit from anyone, whether guests, ETLs, or higher leadership figures than store level. Of all the bosses I’ve had at various jobs over the years, she was my absolute favorite, and I cried a lot when she retired.
There was somebody like that who was a TM at my store. She sadly left to start her own company. Thankfully she left before all the changes at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back