Archived ETL Salary Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people who are hired on as an ETL from a college recruitment program have lower starting salaries than those who simply apply to a job posting? Is 45k an accurate average ETL salary? Thanks!

Probably about 45-56K depending on cost of living now. That is starting salary though, not average salary. I would say the average salary is probably closer to 65-70. If you are in an area with lower turnover, it will be on the higher end (since the raises for most are pretty good over the long-term).

Generally all ETL's share same starting salaries if you're a fresh hire.
Where I'm from it's relatively lower cost of living part of the US yet minimum ETL starting salaries here are 52k.

Do people who are hired on as an ETL from a college recruitment program have lower starting salaries than those who simply apply to a job posting? Is 45k an accurate average ETL salary? Thanks!
Left Target a bit ago to go back for my Masters and work in my field of study, but my school website posted the ETL positions and had salary listed at 52k.. I live in Charlotte, NC (not an employee so I'm ok disclosing that)

Left Target a bit ago to go back for my Masters and work in my field of study, but my school website posted the ETL positions and had salary listed at 52k.. I live in Charlotte, NC (not an employee so I'm ok disclosing that)
I live in your region as well and they offered me 55k

When I originally applied for ETL, the starting point was 55k (entry-level, no target experience) and that jumps closer to 60k after probationary period. I would definitely look at glassdoor.com and you can search for Target-ETL in your specific location for an idea of what to expect for pay.

Yeah I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was slightly higher than the 52, they just listed it on the schools hiring website, potentially maybe they'd offer some candidates less depending on experience and such (the 52k vs higher offers).. I didn't apply for it I have a finance job lined up..

FYI- Most ETLs don't leave b/c of they pay. They leave b/c what is expected of them vs what they are told to expect as an "assistant store manager" differ. If you like work/life balance, an ETL position is not for you.

FYI- Most ETLs don't leave b/c of they pay. They leave b/c what is expected of them vs what they are told to expect as an "assistant store manager" differ. If you like work/life balance, an ETL position is not for you.

Yes that is generally true. The thing is, most new ETLs get put into a position without any idea what they are doing. The general process goes like this...
1 - Recruited and told about AMAZING opportunity being an Executive
2 - Hired and put through "business college" where you are shown an ideal situation of the area you are training
3 - Report to your store, spend 6 months "getting to know" the team, area, your leadership style etc...
4 - Your STL tells you the area is not performing, and that is when you know the honeymoon phase is over
5- New ETL scrambles to find solutions they are ill-equipped to solve and burns out

Now, if you know what you are doing this entire thing is avoided. Depending on the area, it is possible to achieve a solid work-life balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back