Archived Etl without college?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me that they no longer require college to become an etl... Is this true? I know for the longest time you had to have a college degree, and always thought that was stupid... Especially since I know tl/srtl who deserve it more than some of the etls.

I've heard both that it is no longer required and that it is. Depending on the person I ask.

Its really going to depend on the location. If the area has a good amount of college graduates, then it'll be expected they want a college grad to fill the position. In areas further away from a healthy supply of grads, they can probably make exceptions to the rule and have ETLs without the degree.

I believe that it now states, "4 year degree or equivalent experience."
I know a TL who is in school that was made an ETL, and I was told I'm on a succession plan to become one, so yeah, college degrees aren't necessary.

We have an etl in our store who doesn't have a college degree. Iknow that our stl went to bat for him with the dtl etc. So, I am sure that helped .

Like others have said its all what the DTL wants and how hard the STL wants to push for them as well. From what I have noticed though if you do not get a degree you do not really progress up the ETL chain though. With tuition reimbursement its silly for the TL/ETL to not take advantage of it. Target paid for most of my last 2 years of college.

This year Target decided company wide that a bachelor's degree is no longer required in order to be an ETL. But then again, your DTL ultimately calls the shots. If the DTL doesn't want to promote any TLs without education, they can make that decision. Every store in my district is sending 2 TLs to ETL assessments this year, and only a few have college schooling. Idk if any of them have degrees. My new ETL is still working on his BA.

Like others have said its all what the DTL wants and how hard the STL wants to push for them as well. From what I have noticed though if you do not get a degree you do not really progress up the ETL chain though. With tuition reimbursement its silly for the TL/ETL to not take advantage of it. Target paid for most of my last 2 years of college.
How do you go about that? I should really start doing that because I really don't want to go back to school because of all the debt.

It is for TLs too. It only covers some classes or programs. Basket weaving--not covered :p. You need to get approved before the classes start, and you pay and get reimbursed when you pass the class.

For TLs as well, I was reading it on workbench or eHR and my ETL-HR told me as well I just don't know what I have to do.
Here are folks allowed to get tutition stuff.
The following folks qualified:
Store:
APS, Sr APS , PMT, property mgt tm, & tl's.
Regular tm - no.
DC:
Regular tm(not seasonal)
Hq:
Regular tm(not seasonal)

Like others said.

You have to get the class approved first. You pay up front. Once you prove you got a C or better they give you money back for the course. Typically it has to be a business course or one you can some how relate to the business.

My ETL-Log never went to college, but was a Marine... (so I think serving in the armed forces counts as a degree).

They started as a TL however.

For TLs as well, I was reading it on workbench or eHR and my ETL-HR told me as well I just don't know what I have to do.

You can also use the benefits portal to get tuition discounts open to all TM's

You can also use the benefits portal to get tuition discounts open to all TM's
Tuition discounts are not for all Tm's, anymore.
Here are folks allowed to get tutition stuff.
The following folks qualified:
Store:
APS, Sr APS , PMT, property mgt tm, & tl's.
Regular tm - no.
DC:
Regular tm(not seasonal)
Hq:
Regular tm(not seasonal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back