Archived ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is worth Target as a ETL even worth a career anymore?

Right now, i'm finishing up my second year of college. I'm currently enrolled a 4 year college.
But is it even worth attempting to become a ETL as a future career?

I know some express targets only have an STL and everyone else hourly but even the C/D volume stores by me have at least 2 or 3 ETLs having lost their HR and AP. I don't think higher volume stores will ever function without a sales floor ETL or two. I imagine with the guest focus GE is safe too.

With regards to your education I would finish college no matter what because it can open opportunities for you outside of Target. You may be able to do better than an ETL position.

Look at your store etl's & think 2 years from now, will they still be at spot? School is more important. Spot is good a 2nd job, only. You have the seen hours cut. Any luck on the internship?

Yeah, I definently will plan on finishing college. Working as hard as I can. Working 40 hour weeks and full time school was a horrible idea so it put me at a setback.

I think my ETLs will still be there. Wondering if it's a good career path though I feel like target is going down the drain. I got denied from the internship :( wasn't filled yet either, just denied. I applied from at home not sure if that makes a difference or what.

Personally I think as things shift online. The ETL position is numbered

The eventuality is most stores are going to end up with Stl and 1 or 2 Etls functioning as an assistant manager, with hourly team leads doing the ground level leading. Some of these tls will be keyed.

AP and HR will have one district based executive and one HR generalist, with a few APS.

Most other retailers already follow this structure.

The eventuality is most stores are going to end up with Stl and 1 or 2 Etls functioning as an assistant manager, with hourly team leads doing the ground level leading. Some of these tls will be keyed.

AP and HR will have one district based executive and one HR generalist, with a few APS.

Most other retailers already follow this structure.

Yes I agree. I think I think each district with have an APBP and HRBP and they will have an hourly TL rep in each store.

I think that the ETL charts will depend on volume. At its lowest you will have an ETL-Style (SL/GE/Home) and Essentials (LOG/HL/Food). If you have a Super, it will have an ETL-Grocery that takes food from essentials. If you are a higher volume you will have an ETL-Service that takes GE and Electronics.

Agreed, I think ETL days are widely numbered. Fewer spots and more competition, can't really bank on getting past TL once more and more changes roll out.

Sorry to hear about the internship, pink. :(

Keep your head up! There are a lot of internships out there...maybe one that's better for you in the long run...

I don't think I've ever seen an internal ETL-Intern hire in my district....they were all external candidates.

Thank all you guys! I don't even know if it's worth it anymore to try for ETL as long run in the career. :(
When i head back to work on Saturday i'll talk to the STL but we will see. Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back