Archived Ever found out a coworker led a secret life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amber19renee83

Spill it all here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Walks. First there's the potential defamation issue, and then there's the potential for outing yourself because someone else also knows that story.

Note:- this is a true story, some names and locations have been changed to protect my identity.
Please remember; you asked for this.

To this day I dont know what she meant. A man happily married. 1 kid in college and 2 in high school. Been with spot for over decade. Lets call him Bob. I was a rookie, riding pallets , not crushing my cardboard, making fart noises into the walkie.
He quickly became a mentor to me. Not just in terms of Fifo and culling Pfresh, but in life. His opinion on whether or not to tap a certain piece of ass was valued by me, so was him buying me beer and liquor, since I had just turned 18.
After 4 months of working with this man almost everyday, I had grown fond of him , I wanted to be like him . Even at 52 years old he seemed like quite the ladies man, had a successful career as a PA and was well respected throughout the store.
All of that came to a crashing end when he stopped showing up to work. It was so sudden and so unlike him, that the STL personally went down to his house.
What he found out still puzzles me to this day, he knocked on the door, the wife came out and told the STL that Bob and her were going through divorce. She said that he was a butt pirate, she had been suspicious for a while. Bob was caught red handed looting the booty. He was living with his fellow pirates now.
Bob had never mentioned any of his pirate escapades, he even mentioned how he was afraid of the oceans. I dont know why he was trying to hide the fact that he lived a secret life as a pirate. I think its pretty cool. Till this day though, I dont know why his wife left him, and what she meant by “butt pirate”.

Last edited:
Not a secret life, but a bit of a "different parts of my life touching themselves inappropriately" moment. A tweet from one of my ETLs showed up in my timeline today...because it was liked by a professional sports team I follow. Don't want ETL social media anywhere near my social media, even if it's accidental.

I don't know anyone who actually leads a secret life, but there are definitely people who just don't share much about themselves. I don't share much unless explicitly asked.

Spot will never find me here. I've got everyone thinking I'm some old guy.

aaf_shifty.gif

Pretty sure at least one ETL at my store is living a double life of sorts that explains him trying to avoid hours on weekends because he can make a killing in tips at his other job.

A few years a go we came in the store and found out an ETL and a TL were officially "no longer with the company."

Unofficially, we find out that not only were they seeing each other, but had been living together for months.

99.99% of the store staff was gobsmacked by this revelation. No one saw any hint of a personal relationship between the two while they were at work in the store. They had nothing but professional interactions while together at work.

We can only assume that the 00.01% of the staff who wasn't surprised by this was that (still unknown ) person who may have seen them together outside of the store. Or, maybe they decided to get frisky in the store and were caught by someone or a covert camera.

To this day, the TMs who were here at the time still can't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back