Archived Ever had a TM die at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amber19renee83

We had a girl walking home who got run over by a car. She flew across the road and was run over by another car. The first car wouldn't have killed her but the second one did. She was a hard worker and had a teenage daughter too.

Edited to say that this happened about 10 years ago. Just was thinking of her today.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is horrible. I am so sorry. I'd like to think the store could provide some grief counseling. @Hardlinesmaster or @HRLady , is this something the Company does ?

On a side note.... maybe someone can start a collection to help her family w/ funeral costs. or possibly take meals to her family in their weakest time.

Very sorry again.

My condolences for your stores loss. We had a long term tm pass away in her sleep. We had councelinv numbers passed out and those tmz who were hit hardest were allowed to go home for the day. A couple tms sho stsrted around the time she did were allowed to be off a couple days they were hit real hard by it. Our HR blanketed the breakroom with info to help out but we didnt hav an outzide councilor our leadership made themselves available though.

This is horrible. I am so sorry. I'd like to think the store could provide some grief counseling. @Hardlinesmaster or @HRLady , is this something the Company does ?

On a side note.... maybe someone can start a collection to help her family w/ funeral costs. or possibly take meals to her family in their weakest time.

Very sorry again.
I have edited it as this happened about 10 years ago. I don't remember what the store did. I know the family didn't want anyone to attend the funeral.

I just recently found out that three years ago a homeless guy was found having committed suicide in the store. They found him when they went to open the store the next day. This was a few years ago, on Black Friday. I was with the company, but didn't even know about this happening until literally last week. Crazy. Other than that, our store is still pretty new so as far as I know no TMs at this store have passed away.

I read this wrong. I thought it said a team member who died inside the store.

I remember a few. One long time FA team member died of cancer. There was a backroom team member who died in a hiking accident.

We had a team member try to commit suicide on the property. What got me was no one really did anything to help them. I tried reaching out to them and they were pretty distant. Eventually they were performanced out.

Over the years we've lost a couple of team members to terminal illness/complications.
One TM was found dead of an OD & it turned out he was homeless. Really sad.

This is something I can answer, one of our flow team members was hit by a train last month and passed away. I remember the store being very somber and I even saw my hard as Nails STL cry.
The store did offer grief counseling and I think target helped pay for some of the family's expenses.

I've heard of retired TM's passing. I worked with someone at another company who committed suicide when he was fired for a dumb reason. My interest and zest for life is killed every time I clock in.

Yes one of my friends passed. She was a good worker and a lot of fun. I think of her and her family often.

When a TM at a sister store died in a car wreck, several of us from various stores provided coverage the day of the funeral.
It was a smaller store & everyone was close so pretty much the whole store was in attendance; district covered the cost.

We had a guy on flow, who pretty much had their truck cut in half, long ways, by the trailer of a truck making an illegal u-turn at 3:30 am on his way to my store. I remember his last words to me "you know what your problem is? (My name), You work too hard"…. Next thing you know, he was right, in spades.

Leaders/HR ask people how they are doing and let them know that we are available to listen if they need someone to talk to.

We also let them know about Team Member LifeResources (TMLR): Team Members and their family members can get free confidential counseling, support and information through TMLR 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Five free counseling sessions, per issue, per year, are available.

I have seen GoFundMe fundraisers started by family or friends of the TM. Lots of team members and leaders voluntarily donate to help the family with the funeral costs.

Some other things that the store may do for TMs who passed away:
- We requisition sympathy cards for everyone to sign. These cards and flowers are sent to the family.
- On the day of the service, leaders and team members attend to show their support for the family.

Last edited:
There is gonna be a murder at my store..

As we play clue... lol.

Last edited:
Not at Target, but I've had a few coworkers die at my day job. It's always pretty shocking and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back