Archived FA/SBUX minors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcePeasant

Flock Leader
Hello all,

In less than two weeks, there will only be 2 TM in FA -including myself. We hired a minor thinking it was okay but our ETL-OP said it isn't. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a minor in either areas. Is there anywhere that says minors can/can't work in FA/SBUX?

Hello all,

In less than two weeks, there will only be 2 TM in FA -including myself. We hired a minor thinking it was okay but our ETL-OP said it isn't. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a minor in either areas. Is there anywhere that says minors can/can't work in FA/SBUX?
Weve got a 17 year old working at Starbucks. I cant forsee why we wouldnt hire anybody under 18... @Hardlinesmaster can you answer this?

It may depend on State work laws governing the type of equipment a minor can use. I used to work in a food establishment and a minor couldn't work as a sandwich maker because they weren't allowed to use the deli slicer. Currently, minors in my State are not even allowed in Target 's Backroom.

Most states mandate a stop working time for minors. It is not that Target HRs do not want to hire them but that they typically don't fit the business model. This is esp true if you are a light volume store in which at night you close w/ 4-7...and because of state law, you have to send the minor home. Doesn't work well. Imagine being 1 of those 6 left. As to FA/Sbux question, actually b/c the food ave area tends to close early for most stores, it is one of the only places to put a minor and it still fit well w/ the business model. For your case, it could be a state law that says a minor cannot work there or the ETL-OP is clueless.

Most states mandate a stop working time for minors. It is not that Target HRs do not want to hire them but that they typically don't fit the business model.

You hit the nail on the head. We auto turn down minors for Starbucks. Our state laws dont allow them to open or close and we need people who are flexible enough to work there.

I know about the work time cut off, we do it as well. From my understanding, what another TL mentioned was they can't because of power equipment, but I want the definite answer where it says no they can't or they can.

The store is on the lower end but our FA is on the higher end of the volume scales, so we're usually there late. The SBUX TL wanted to crosstrain a cashier but couldn't cause they're a minor. Even the two ETL-HR and ETL-GE don't know the answer or where and if to look to find it.

If you are a FA PizzaHutExpress then no.

We had minors in my FA when we got rid of the fryers and grill. But if they get close to the cut off time, someone else had to finish closing.

I have a minor in my Sbux. we have an oven in addition to all of the coffee equipment.

We have several minors who work holidays, spring break & summers because we close a couple hours before the rest of the store so it doesn't run afoul of our state's labor law.
We had a couple that didn't work out simply because of immaturity or family interference (mom/sister worked in another dept) but by & large it wasn't a problem because they were usually working during peak times.

It largely depends on the State, Equipment involved, And time of closing for the Department. Personally as a Minor I both open and close for Backroom on occasion, The only downside is that I can't use any of the Equipment or stay past 9:45. HR should know your States Hiring Laws so if they okay'ed the Hiring I'd direct the ETL in question to HR as most of the time I find it tends to be a misunderstanding on the ETL's side. In my Store we have Minors close our Starbucks however we rarely have them open as most are unwilling to come in around 6:30 AM to Prep Starbucks for the day so our Starbucks TL tends to open and then a Minor tends to close.

I've never seen a minor TM at my store.

We don't have minors working at Starbucks or Flow. Our state has pretty strict regulations for minors.

I have 2 minors in sbux. We don't have FA at my store.

Our shuts down in the 15th. :(

Guests are freaking out about the popcorn vamoosing...

Our shuts down in the 15th. :(

Guests are freaking out about the popcorn vamoosing...

LOL, get used to it. We haven't had popcorn for 4 years and still get people complaining about it.

LOL, get used to it. We haven't had popcorn for 4 years and still get people complaining about it.
well we are a circus here at Target so we should have fresh popcorn !!

60313369.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back