Archived Fake Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm just curious about everyone's ETL's being A Players

Do any of you have ETL'S that just eat, drink and so "office" work? No hands on

Do any of you have leadership "STL" in a huddle say and I quote...come to work or promote to guest or quit with the reasoning that 1 call out is a sign of attendance issues ?

Anybody have "key carriers" that aren't "key carriers" unlock building because ETL'S just don't want to come in at 3:30?

Best one yet...your STL openly shows when he doesn't care for team members or leadership then questions others to as he says get info

Guess leadership that cares is a thing of the past...to all Team Leads on here thanks for being the ones who really run the store

Yep, the ETL-HR and the ETL-Hardlines (although she has been getting better). But everyone is out on the floor when the STL is there.

Anybody have "key carriers" that aren't "key carriers" unlock building because ETL'S just don't want to come in at 3:30?
If they have keys and alarm codes, they are real key carriers and they are paid more for it. ETLs shouldn't need to come in at 3:30am. That's the whole reason we have hourly TL key carriers.

If they have keys and alarm codes, they are real key carriers and they are paid more for it. ETLs shouldn't need to come in at 3:30am. That's the whole reason we have hourly TL key carriers.

With the exception of flow TL days off I suppose. Unless you BRTL opens on those days

ETLs shouldn't need to come in at 3:30am. That's the whole reason we have hourly TL key carriers.
So youre a 4am store but your ETL-LOG does not come in at that hour? Flow TL does have keys if the ETL is off though.

With the exception of flow TL days off I suppose. Unless you BRTL opens on those days
So youre a 4am store but your ETL-LOG does not come in at that hour? Flow TL does have keys if the ETL is off though.
BRTL and Flow TL are key carriers. Our current ETL-Log doesn't show up until around 6 or 7am most days.

I guess at a normal store where the ETL-Log actually gives a shit about the unload they would show up early. But that's just one ETL and I wouldn't expect them to do it 5 days a week. You would still need TL key carriers for the ETL-Log's days off or days when they come in later for LOD shifts.

I think a lot of people expect ETLs to be super task oriented based on how most TLs are TMs most of the time (doing tasks like backstocking or zoning most shifts). IMO ETLs shouldn't have to come in and unload the truck. Good leaders delegate tasks to those capable of doing them. Make plans and implement. Young ETLs just know stuff needs to get done and get too focused on getting said things done instead of planning forward. Scrubs.

BRTL and Flow TL are key carriers. Our current ETL-Log doesn't show up until around 6 or 7am most days.

Our BR is a SR so he's a key carrier to but typically comes in around 6am. But my STL would have a cow if our ETL-LOG didnt show up until 6 or 7. Dang. They typically work 4am- well into the afternoon, as late as 2-3pm.

At higher volume stores when they eliminated etl ops, etl logs took in pricing, Plano, backroom day and instocks.

At a lower volume now but Our etl log doesn't only open, he sometimes is a mid so he can work with those teams as well.

At my store the backroom tl, flow tl and Etl log all come in at 5:30 am for a 6am unload. All 3 are key carriers and all 3 really do give a shit. Having leaders in the past that did not give a shit, it is very much appreciated!

Yep, the ETL-HR and the ETL-Hardlines (although she has been getting better). But everyone is out on the floor when the STL is there.

And there is my issue...we have 2 TL that are not SNTL and are not keyed as key carriers but 1 was given keys because our Plano does overnights like once a month and NO ETL comes in and our consumables TL who was demoted from key carrier but kept her pay when the end to end rolled out still has her key and comes in at 4AM on non truck days to open the building because ETL'S don't want to. Isn't that a huge liability?

And there is my issue...we have 2 TL that are not SNTL and are not keyed as key carriers but 1 was given keys because our Plano does overnights like once a month and NO ETL comes in and our consumables TL who was demoted from key carrier but kept her pay when the end to end rolled out still has her key and comes in at 4AM on non truck days to open the building because ETL'S don't want to. Isn't that a huge liability?
Yeah giving keys and alarm codes to regular TLs is not ok. It doesn't mean that they should have an ETL there every morning though. It just means they need to have SrTLs or actual key carrying TLs every morning. Flow TL at a minimum should have it.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people expect ETLs to be super task oriented based on how most TLs are TMs most of the time (doing tasks like backstocking or zoning most shifts). IMO ETLs shouldn't have to come in and unload the truck. Good leaders delegate tasks to those capable of doing them. Make plans and implement. Young ETLs just know stuff needs to get done and get too focused on getting said things done instead of planning forward. Scrubs.
depends on what they're doing in their time off stage. if you want to organize and improve your work center? go for it. if you got nothing to do, sitting in your office/desk/hanging out with team members isn't really the best.

i totally get that many team members figure if you you're not working side by side or doing something leaders are just kicking up their heels doing nothing. at least i have a lot of off stage stuff i need to do.

depends on what they're doing in their time off stage. if you want to organize and improve your work center? go for it. if you got nothing to do, sitting in your office/desk/hanging out with team members isn't really the best.

i totally get that many team members figure if you you're not working side by side or doing something leaders are just kicking up their heels doing nothing. at least i have a lot of off stage stuff i need to do.

I have walked through the TSC when a gaggle of ETLs are still arguing over where to order lunch..

So I'm just curious about everyone's ETL's being A Players

Always on the floor or backroom working.

Do any of you have leadership "STL" in a huddle say and I quote...come to work or promote to guest or quit with the reasoning that 1 call out is a sign of attendance issues ?

Nope. You get coached on attendance issues no need to be told publicly.

Nope. Only Seniors have keys.

Best one yet...your STL openly shows when he doesn't care for team members or leadership then questions others to as he says get info.

No...

Guess leadership that cares is a thing of the past...to all Team Leads on here thanks for being the ones who really run the store

I have walked through the TSC when a gaggle of ETLs are still arguing over where to order lunch..
those etls are usually putting in 60 hours in a given week and 80 during 4th quarter and any peak times. they don't get breaks/lunches, so do you really hate they spent a bit of their shift getting food together?

those etls are usually putting in 60 hours in a given week and 80 during 4th quarter and any peak times. they don't get breaks/lunches, so do you really hate they spent a bit of their shift getting food together?

Please! o_O You speak for your leadership I am speaking of mine.. I know exactly the reasons my store is in freefall..

When you spend two hours a day "doing paperwork" and your excuse for every single vacation request being auto denied is you can't keep up. Maybe being management isn't for you. Maybe those 60hr weeks are why my ETL transferred to his old store "So I am not the only one working open to close."

I've delt with ETLs that delegate task and hop in to physically help when they're out of resources. Those ETLs are the best to work with. I also delt with ETLs that just give every task to their TL and hides. The TL has little to no resources and has to still magically get it done. Often the ETL gets credit for it.

The absolute worst ETL is the ones that don't even delegate task and handle situations that call for them. I'm talking about the ETL that eats all day and stays in the office. Usually their TLs is running the store with a plan they made up.

You have all types. They come in all flavors. Many of times I'm left wondering "why do they pay you?". It's the nature of the business.

Asants. Most leaders are not working 60 hours a week this time of year.

Must be nice to be order lunch on the p card. When we are hungry we have to pay for our food with our hard earned cash.

It's an issue when my etl ge is in the AP office more then our etl ap

Asants. Most leaders are not working 60 hours a week this time of year.

Must be nice to be order lunch on the p card. When we are hungry we have to pay for our food with our hard earned cash.

It's an issue when my etl ge is in the AP office more then our etl ap
Times like that, they need someone to be following the damn ETL's around!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back