Archived Fall National Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is on conference calls even at home. We're very close and she said her husband always in a joking/not joking way asks her on her days or weekends off if she's REALLY off that day.
So so true. I used to tell my husband he was married to target and having an affair with me! When he was an STL he had a really good work life balance and rarely had to take work home, but with his most current position he was "on" literally 24/7. If it wasn't emails it was texts or groupme or twitter because we all know Target is twitter obsessed and it's such a freaking competition who gets the most likes and retweets...smh

So so true. I used to tell my husband he was married to target and having an affair with me! When he was an STL he had a really good work life balance and rarely had to take work home, but with his most current position he was "on" literally 24/7. If it wasn't emails it was texts or groupme or twitter because we all know Target is twitter obsessed and it's such a freaking competition who gets the most likes and retweets...smh

When my stl isnt there he's constantly messaging the on duties. He makes them send him pics to tweet, too lol. I can always tell when they're texting him because they look so stressed out and annoyed. He's obsessed with tgt. Even from his vacation when he says he's going off the grid to relax with his SO, he finds a way to contact the leaders.

When my stl isnt there he's constantly messaging the on duties. He makes them send him pics to tweet, too lol. I can always tell when they're texting him because they look so stressed out and annoyed. He's obsessed with tgt. Even from his vacation when he says he's going off the grid to relax with his SO, he finds a way to contact the leaders.
Thankfully my husband trusted each and every individual at his store so that when he was away he didn't need to check in, he was just so target obsessed that he WANTED to check in!
He was promoted so he had multiple stores, and when we were in Europe a couple of months ago, I've never seen him sweat more (and pretty sure I saw a tear or two) when he had to turn off his groupme. Pretty sure every chance we got wifi his first internet stop was twitter to check what he's missed in the target world and not checking in on our 1 year old son we left at home
Since he left the company almost two months ago- I've never seen him more present. Maybe that's because he's unemployed though...hmm #thankstgt

Thankfully my husband trusted each and every individual at his store so that when he was away he didn't need to check in, he was just so target obsessed that he WANTED to check in!
He was promoted so he had multiple stores, and when we were in Europe a couple of months ago, I've never seen him sweat more (and pretty sure I saw a tear or two) when he had to turn off his groupme. Pretty sure every chance we got wifi his first internet stop was twitter to check what he's missed in the target world and not checking in on our 1 year old son we left at home
Since he left the company almost two months ago- I've never seen him more present. Maybe that's because he's unemployed though...hmm #thankstgt
Did he leave by choice? Also it sounds like it was a good thing for all of you that he left. Too much investment in Target.

Thank you. I shouldn't be able by myself on a Saturday pull 11 pulls not small ones either by just shooting to fill as I shoot my Rigs and %99 of it went out.
LOD was pissed cause I pulled so much but I am tired of bring told that flow will the floor along with autos and CAFs. It's bullshit. It's not happening even overnight admits at least with paper its not pulling in autos or CAFs. Why I can pull 3 high stacked flats of just paper and not one piece came back.

I am also fed up with being told it's our fault for out of stocks. Shit equipment, no hours to fill people not trained to push properly it all adds up to an empty floor = lost sales.

:nods:
Been there, done that. Pallets of paper, too.

I disagree. I think that ETL's should be experts in their areas. They should be able to jump in and take over for someone and do the task at least as well as your average team member that's trained in it, and they should be able to train a new team member in a subject if it came down to it. They don't necessarily need to be the best in every subject, the team leads should be the best in their areas, but they should be competent in everything they oversee.

:snicker:

*I wish*

Glassdoor only works with what people submit. Only 213 stl salaries were submitted and who even knows what years those were submitted. Then there's different regions. I looked at a couple cities (Newark, nyc, couple other nj cities) and the base was higher than the average. Then you can also break down the numbers based on years of experience. So I'm doubtful that there are many if any stls making that exact salary

Point is no STLs are starving.

Right. I only said that about the Glassdoor number because I didn't get why that poster seemed to be shocked it wasn't accurate for their stl.

AND HERE WE GO ...

Target Employees Take Over Target Center For Annual Meeting

ghHZ1WI.jpg
omg that's so much red and khaki

Right. I only said that about the Glassdoor number because I didn't get why that poster seemed to be shocked it wasn't accurate for their stl.
I wasn't shocked per se that they made that much, on the app there are plenty of interns supposedly making more than me....i was moree in shock that when i showed her she said she made MORE than what they said she made in the most nonchalant way.

Ohhh, Gotcha.

I didn't realize target's interns were paid (which is great. Unpaid internships are b.s.). Target is the good guy sometimes lol.

Ohhh, Gotcha.

I didn't realize target's interns were paid (which is great. Unpaid internships are b.s.). Target is the good guy sometimes lol.

Until Target offers ETL positions to these interns that every TM in the store knows that the individual will be a total flop!

No, the plain and simple fact that those doing most of the work are your regular team members. Without cashiers, backroom, instocks, market, flow, electronics, front end, hardlines, and soft lines team members, nothing gets done and yet they are the lowest paid.

Me and my other salesfloor TLs, account for 60% of the payroll hours. We do all the adjacencies, sales plans, clearance..... because by the time the next Tm arrives, its after noon and all projects are done.

Did he leave by choice? Also it sounds like it was a good thing for all of you that he left. Too much investment in Target.
Depends what your definition of choice is....
He did "voluntarily" leave but let's just say that it's insane how literally one single person who only was in position for 8 months can make an extremely well thought out and calculated decision with perfect perfect timing to destroy 10 years of a persons' life/career without any warning whatsoever...if that gives any clues

He did "voluntarily" leave but let's just say that it's insane how literally one single person who only was in position for 8 months can make an extremely well thought out and calculated decision with perfect perfect timing to destroy 10 years of a persons' life/career without any warning whatsoever...if that gives any clues
That's horrible.

Ohhh, Gotcha.

The internship is paid, VERY nicely I'll add, and it has to be with the amount things you have to go through, put up with, and do to try to secure an ETL position.

It doesn't give me any clues :confused:....it sounds like your husband was a DTL though and a GVP made some kind of decision...am I headed in the right direction?

It doesn't give me any clues :confused:....it sounds like your husband was a DTL though and a GVP made some kind of decision...am I headed in the right direction?
HRBP definitely regretting not going to DTL route at this point, wouldnt have ever had to report to the awfulness that was his boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back