Archived Falsely Suspected of Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure you are providing great service and perform to Target's expectations and follow policies. Document any incidents. But I say hold on till the end.

Are these Execs? Team Leads? GSAs? Other TMs?

A lot of stores work have politics. Some look for sneaky but legal ways to push people out. Being seasonal, they could be just looking for an excuse. Make sure they present you documented events if accusations are made official.

It's mostly the ETL'S but I've heard other people talking about it as well.

Today I heard an ETL say "as soon as we get something on him he's gone" so they are determined to get rid of me.

I agree.overhearing such a conversation once can happen ,but overhearing the same conversation 6/7 times doesn't seem realistic.

I agree.overhearing such a conversation once can happen ,but overhearing the same conversation 6/7 times doesn't seem realistic.

Believe it or not it did happen, it is not always the same people but I have heard several conversations about it.

A couple times I heard them talking right outside the break room when I was in there, I guess they thought I was too far away to hear but I wasn't.

Another time they were talking in the next aisle over and I could hear them.

You should reported promptly to hr after hearing your name. Now, you have give to dates, who & times on the those events. I think you have some performance issues.

Based on the Op usage of not using target terms and using the anonymous as a name, Id say the OP is just here to fish for answers. Not worth my time If you ask me. No way any one of leadership would openly talk about TM in regards to AP related issue. Ive been chased out of rooms whenever these conversations happened.

This was my thought too. I know some tms are paranoid too. We had this market guy quit and write this long letter

*sounded like a suicide manifesto* accusing us of talking behind his back. Giving him unpreferable shifts.

I wanted him to make it, but it just didn't work out.

Only reason why threads like this draw attention because a lot of people come here to seek refuge when they've stolen or done something bad at their store and need to see if what they did is punishable and how punishable by saying "oh my friend here is in trouble..." blah blah

I know you said yourself some ETLs and AP is suspicious of you stealing, but that's why you're getting some ridicule. Your leaders are throwing around highly sensitive information and that's not right, but if you truly have nothing to worry about then in all honesty I'd just blow it off. I can understand the anxiety behind it, I've been there before where I thought AP was gonna come talk to me about something but they never did.

You said you have some mental problems and weird behavior, obviously Target is a land of opportunity for everyone but if something draws attention to you, it will. I've seen some flow team members get so pissed off by the slightest thing they start cursing and man handling boxes and items and just acting erratically.

I've said it before in a previous thread, but it's best to try and leave any issues that will affect work productivity at home, but sometimes it's just impossible, it's how a brain works. Usually you'll get talked to if a TM notices or a Team lead notices and it's up to their discretion to interpret what they're seeing. We're here to help if you need advice or someone to talk to. Back to what Hardlinesmaster said, there might be some people just concerned with your performance or maybe you do something that looks suspicious(whatever it might be that you can do to look suspicious)

If you've heard TMs openly calling you a retard, or crazy, you need to start writing down specifics on a sheet of paper, Date, Time, What they said word for word, names of the TMs, and bring it to HR once you've got some instances to go off of. Hotline won't do any good because they'll just tell your ETL-HR and STL about it anyways.

OP said he's brand new seasonal, so he may not know the terms yet. I certainly didn't for a while.

I know OP probably won't post here ever again after this topic is done but, there are people here who will give you advice and someone to talk to if you feel a certain way.

Fwiw I think the OP means well. I know we have team members at my store who clearly have mental problems. They have the right to earn a living too.

I try to treat such team members with respect because that could easily be one of us.

Only reason why threads like this draw attention because a lot of people come here to seek refuge when they've stolen or done something bad at their store and need to see if what they did is punishable and how punishable by saying "oh my friend here is in trouble..." blah blah

I know you said yourself some ETLs and AP is suspicious of you stealing, but that's why you're getting some ridicule. Your leaders are throwing around highly sensitive information and that's not right, but if you truly have nothing to worry about then in all honesty I'd just blow it off. I can understand the anxiety behind it, I've been there before where I thought AP was gonna come talk to me about something but they never did.

You said you have some mental problems and weird behavior, obviously Target is a land of opportunity for everyone but if something draws attention to you, it will. I've seen some flow team members get so pissed off by the slightest thing they start cursing and man handling boxes and items and just acting erratically.

I've said it before in a previous thread, but it's best to try and leave any issues that will affect work productivity at home, but sometimes it's just impossible, it's how a brain works. Usually you'll get talked to if a TM notices or a Team lead notices and it's up to their discretion to interpret what they're seeing. We're here to help if you need advice or someone to talk to. Back to what Hardlinesmaster said, there might be some people just concerned with your performance or maybe you do something that looks suspicious(whatever it might be that you can do to look suspicious)

If you've heard TMs openly calling you a retard, or crazy, you need to start writing down specifics on a sheet of paper, Date, Time, What they said word for word, names of the TMs, and bring it to HR once you've got some instances to go off of. Hotline won't do any good because they'll just tell your ETL-HR and STL about it anyways.

OP said he's brand new seasonal, so he may not know the terms yet. I certainly didn't for a while.

I know OP probably won't post here ever again after this topic is done but, there are people here who will give you advice and someone to talk to if you feel a certain way.

OP if this the situation your in, message me privately I can give some advice I rather keep private and out of the public eye.

I agree with some of the other APs, it is their job to deter and stop theft. If your natural behavior makes you seem shady, unfortunately that will put you right on their radar.

That being said, it’s beyond unacceptable that you’ve overheard those conversations at all, much less 6+ times. And the fact that they’ve used the word “retarded” and such, is disgusting to me.

My only concern with you going to your HR ETL/TL is that they could have been part of one or more of those conversations, or part of any you may not have overheard. So I would suggest taking your concerns to your HRBP, or calling the ethics number in your employee handbook. Because I don’t care if you’re stealing or not, calling you ANY name other than your actual name is against company policy.

I agree with some of the other APs, it is their job to deter and stop theft. If your natural behavior makes you seem shady, unfortunately that will put you right on their radar.

That being said, it’s beyond unacceptable that you’ve overheard those conversations at all, much less 6+ times. And the fact that they’ve used the word “retarded” and such, is disgusting to me.

My only concern with you going to your HR ETL/TL is that they could have been part of one or more of those conversations, or part of any you may not have overheard. So I would suggest taking your concerns to your HRBP, or calling the ethics number in your employee handbook. Because I don’t care if you’re stealing or not, calling you ANY name other than your actual name is against company policy.

I'm used to the crazy / retarded comments I've heard them for years, besides I only have a couple weeks left anyway.

But I wish I didn't have to hear these false accusations, besides you would think for there own sake they wouldn't talk openly about it so as to not blow their investigation.

Does it take much to fire a seasonal? I think I might get fired for some other reason but I guess it doesn't really matter since I would only have a short time left.

Does it take much to fire a seasonal? I think I might get fired for some other reason but I guess it doesn't really matter since I would only have a short time left.

No but why would you be fired. Are you doing your job?

No but why would you be fired. Are you doing your job?

Yes I'm doing my job but given the comments like "as soon as we get something on him he's gone" it's sounds like the'll use any excuse they can.

I have a hard time they are actually saying that out loud... I know some stores have terrible leaders but come on...
Yeah I don't have a hard time believing that this could happen, but like other posters have said, this one seems kinda fishy.

Yeah I don't have a hard time believing that this could happen, but like other posters have said, this one seems kinda fishy.

I mostly just suspect he's paraphrasing. Or possibly just paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back