Archived Fan Central = Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best TM NA

Best Team Member North America
We get heaps of shitty teams clothing sent to our store. None of it sells and its a nightmare aisle with at least 40 shirts each day on the floor. Why is this happening?

My support is worthless and no one knows what to about this gross overstocking of non backstock shit.

Get creative with your flexing. Get some snacks/soda with a rack with whatever teams are playing that week. Flex over in mens. Get some in Electronics to promote next to the sports games.

Isn't Fan Central a "paid for" area? I don't think you can mess with that.

Not sure on that. We even have a section of one of the area high schools.

Not sure on that. We even have a section of one of the area high schools.
We have a high school endcap, but it is only one of several schools that could be represented as we are the only Target within close proximity. We do not represent our local colleges, either - just the state school.

You should be able to backstock, that's what those really high bars in light duty are for. Sometimes we hang them on the front acc. Ec but I've seen stores add additional end caps to fit product. I would deff look into housing high school product on an endcap, or rack near the entrance. Are you utilizing hang bars and adjustable face outs?

As long as you don't have it merchandised with other brands you should be fine.

So Dept. 47 falls under Sporting Goods, which is a hardline department. It's a hard area to manage and yes seems to be a slow mover but it is something people come in for in my area.

All STLs recently got information about doing the bi-annual survey to change their assortment so if you have a team that doesn't sell or would sell better, talk to your managers about that.

It's not paid for by any vendors but like Softlines it is automatic liability, only way to get rid of it is to sell it or let it go salvage after the season and clearance.

Find a team member that knows about sports and get them to help own it. It can be a lot of fun to merchandise and just play around over there.

Finally you should never back stock any of this. Since all hanging items are NOP, it will never come out in CAF only in a price change batch to be marked down. Just flex flex flex.

i send them out to the mall where there is a local sporting goods store right near our mall entrance.

I like the area since the prices are usually lower compared to other stores.

I don't like the big mess created when stuff falls off the hanger at the slightest touch. But, hey, we're SAVING MONEY by using smaller hangers, right?

(aka someone at Target Corp had the brilliant idea of using small hangers to save money - but FORGOT that we will spend payroll picking the stuff off the ground, and will lose sales when it's a big mess.) This happens in Infant/Toddler clothing all the time, and Boys/Girls.

I like when we accidentally receive merchandise from a rival team. That always goes over well. Most of it is crap but when you live in the south sports are a way of life so we get rid of ours pretty easily. It is a mess though it's a total eye sore.

Idk about all stores policies but we cannot back stock it and as far as getting "creative with flexing" there really is no were to put it! And we are getting like 4- 8 repacks a week with little to none selling.

We weren't allowed to backstock that crap either. It just looked like a cluster-fuck of sports wear. I don't miss that ugly aisle.

We get entirely way too much stuff to fit in our 20ft planogram. 20 different styles of shirts for the pro baseball team. Another 15 or so for hockey, and a dozen nfl shirts. Add in the local university and all the high school stuff, and you get a unshopable mess that can't be zoned. With the mlb team making the playoffs every year, the previous seasons stuff doesn't even go salvage until we get until we start getting the new seasons stuff.

So Dept. 47 falls under Sporting Goods, which is a hardline department. It's a hard area to manage and yes seems to be a slow mover but it is something people come in for in my area.

All STLs recently got information about doing the bi-annual survey to change their assortment so if you have a team that doesn't sell or would sell better, talk to your managers about that.

It's not paid for by any vendors but like Softlines it is automatic liability, only way to get rid of it is to sell it or let it go salvage after the season and clearance.

Find a team member that knows about sports and get them to help own it. It can be a lot of fun to merchandise and just play around over there.

Finally you should never back stock any of this. Since all hanging items are NOP, it will never come out in CAF only in a price change batch to be marked down. Just flex flex flex.

So inflexible. "Never backstock" Last year we received almost 500 of the same size product on hangars. Of course we put it on the high bars in light duty. Slowly fed them out until they went clearance.

20 feet... Wow. We have 8 feet that holds merch for 3 teams and an endcap for caps, one for our pro quarterback, and one for high school. We have very little left by the end of the season, regardless of the sport. Our fans are crazy, though.

Its not an issue that many people have to worry about but its a damn blight for the few that do overlook that part of the store

20 feet... Wow. We have 8 feet that holds merch for 3 teams and an endcap for caps, one for our pro quarterback, and one for high school. We have very little left by the end of the season, regardless of the sport. Our fans are crazy, though.
20 ft still isn't near enough room for us though. We end up setting up racks in men's and RTW.

We have 2 aisles (48 ft total). The NHL and MLB stuff doesn't sell well and neither does the college apparel. The high school stuff just clearanced out last week thankfully.

Our NFL team apparel sells well and we don't really get enough to fill 24 ft since it sells quickly.

Ours is pretty bad right now even though we have two aisles with seven sections each and two endcaps. Sometimes when it gets this bad, the ETL-LOG will flex it out near one of the entrances. But he's disappeared again and so shit is just falling off the shelves at the slightest touch and we have "backstock" hanging above light duty.

I don't think they'd appreciate me telling them the Redskins is a bad team.

I like when we accidentally receive merchandise from a rival team. That always goes over well. Most of it is crap but when you live in the south sports are a way of life so we get rid of ours pretty easily. It is a mess though it's a total eye sore.
At least that stuff seems to sell, I can put out a Giants jersey that was returned and it'll be gone in two days.

My store once got two random Michigan State shirts. Guess where my sister goes lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back