• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple questions
What's your favorite part of being a GSA? What's the worst part?

Favorite part is walking around - lol - meaning not being in one spot as in cashiering. No not really because sometimes walking around to much can hurt your legs. I would say my favorite part is helping guests.

My least favorite part is being pulled in too many directions at one time.

my favorite part is when I get to mentor a newer cashier or service desk TM, they actually listen and take my advice, and they grow in their role because of it. gives me the warm fuzzies and I feel like I'm actually in a leadership role.

I actually like the walking too, helps me stay in shape!

I love helping out with guest problems/concerns. Probably one of the only reasons I like being up there. HOWEVER, I hate being pulled in too many directions. I can deal with yelling/rude guest but when this happens... *3 cashier lanes blinking, service desk TM needs me for an override, bathroom call button just went off and the cart attendent is nowhere to be found, your covering food ave and have a line of guest there* ...it gets my skin crawling. Eveeeeeeeeeeeen though I can multitask my ass off...I hate rushing. But all in all, it makes you a stronger person and helps in your development as a leader.

Favorite part is getting pretty much steady hours through the entire year, and getting to do a variety of tasks.

Least favorite part is constantly hearing about conversion and how are we driving it. I thought it was bad as a cashier, but it does not compare to GSA.

My favorite part was the respect I got from leaders in my store and being the go-to person for solving so many problems. I actually enjoyed the days when everything went wrong because I got so much recognition for surviving where others would have failed.

Worst part is easily red cards. Cart attendant, guest service, and 2 cashiers call off -> "good job covering, but how is conversion going tonight?" Seriously? I need about 5 more people working at any given time if you want me to pull a cashier off stage and actually follow up with them.

I enjoy the variety in my daily routines and interacting with guests. Being a cashier was terribly simply because there was too much repetition for me. I also enjoy having a position that actually challenges me mentally at times as opposed to doing something that a monkey could. The flexibility with regard to hours is really nice too.

best: youre a manager for all intents an purposes. people need to talk to a manager? hey! i'm here! we've all had the unreasonable guests and you didn't want to give in. gsa, you know why, but you can stop them when they ask for managers.

worst: you're considered a manager for a 50 cent raise without any of the perks of a tl.

i do love cash office. time working without talking to guests is awesome.

I also enjoy having a position that actually challenges me mentally at times as opposed to doing something that a monkey could.

I'm sure you really don't mean "doing something a monkey could."
I'm a cashier. I'm very good at what I do. I deal with all kinds of people every shift.....nice people, mean and grouchy people, loud kids, people who are just plain jerks and every type of customer who comes to my line.
I'm not sure if there are many monkeys that can do what a cashier does....just sayin'.

My favorite part: Helping the guests (at least the ones who deserve it) and getting to move around! The most calming thing is in the morning before the store opens.

My least favorite: Dealing with being pulled in all different directions.

I also enjoy having a position that actually challenges me mentally at times as opposed to doing something that a monkey could.

I'm sure you really don't mean "doing something a monkey could."
I'm a cashier. I'm very good at what I do. I deal with all kinds of people every shift.....nice people, mean and grouchy people, loud kids, people who are just plain jerks and every type of customer who comes to my line.
I'm not sure if there are many monkeys that can do what a cashier does....just sayin'.
Yeah you're completely right I didn't mean it like that. xD Keep in mind I was a cashier for a couple years; and I still took a lot of pride in what I did especially when it came to helping guests but man in terms of the routine it got old quick.

Like most positions cashier is easy to learn, but its really something special when you see someone master it.

Conversion is the worst.

I remember the week after the security breach, our store was told not to talk about Redcards to guests. My work was finally enjoyable, being able to actually put guests and their needs first.

Best thing is being able to solve problems for my team. The override code is nice, but the authority to speak to tms / guests as a manager is essential to running a smooth team.

My favorite parts are working cash office in the morning (the quiet is absolutely wonderful), training new cashiers or service desk TMs, and problem solving for guests at the service desk. The bad part is how some of my ETLs and TLs really push for conversion. I get that it's important, but its almost like if we're red then I'm not doing my job correctly. Despite the fact I'm working short handed, and being pulled in every direction. Luckily though, there are more good days than bad. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back