I'm Lost! Fellow Team Member

So today was a great day! I made a Tik Tok with my Store director and had a lot of fun! My only problem was that another team member was kinda being rude to me. I was on a back register because most of the ones on the front row are broken in some way. I was sent on my 15 and when I came back I went to the same register and a team member came over to me and started to get mad at me for being on a back register. I asked her why and she tells me it’s because we don’t usually use the ones in the back (another team member was using the one next to mine 5 minutes ago). I move and then a more experienced team member asked me why I moved and I told her because someone else told me to. She was confused about why she told me to. I know I didn’t do anything wrong but I felt like the other team member was being rude to me because I’m new. What should I do? Thanks!

Punch 'em in the teeth. NO....(what did you expect the Captain to say). Just nicely go to the team lead or ETL and explain the situation. It's really a non-issue! Enjoy, stay safe, stay calm.

Don't worry what other TM's tell you. Listen to your TL or SE ETL and if the other TM has a problem tell them to see whichever is in charge of front end at the time.

We all had a good rapport at the old Neptune store, the original crew. We were new, new store and came from all walks of life. We would work WITH each other not in competition and would accept useful suggestions from one another. There were some exceptions but for the most part it was a TEAM. An aggressive shithead Type A t/m would stand out like a sore thumb and our T/L's and ETL's spotted them immediately. The new system ruined all that.

Back