Archived Fired after requesting a transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 3-4 months ago 3 girls started to bully me and spread lies on me. I complained to HR-ETL, my ETL and my TL's several time and all they could do was offer a sit down. My TL's would even tell me that they were trying to get me fired and the girls have been involved in other drama since our store opened.

I was a great worker, always went above and beyond, worked hard, had a great attitude, always received recognition, and i was employee of the month last month. My TL and another TL were developing me to be a TL.

2 weeks ago, i walked in on one of the girls telling our new ETL who is also a close friend of theirs that she has complained about me to everyone in the store about me and how i need to be fired. We get into a heated discussion while the ETL is standing there and she starts screaming and cussing so i call the LOD over and he takes us into the office for a sit down.

My coworkers persuade me to talk to the STL bc they are tired of the girls bullying me and nothing being done about it and to also transfer to a new store. The girl goes to ETL-HR and tells her that i threatened her and bumped into her. My ETL calls me to the office and i tell him that the cameras need to be checked bc i never bumped her and he was standing right there so if i threatened her he would've heard it.

Monday i put in for a transfer with the HRTL and i also had a conversation with my ETL about checking the cameras and he asked me if i wanted to so a sit down with her and i agreed. Tuesday i come into work and he tells me that it would be my last day and ETL-HR would still help me with a transfer at the new store. I never told my ETL about me applying for a transfer.

My coworkers are upset bc i was the best worker and i never did anything to anybody. It is just a he said she said situation and i warned the STL and ETL-HR about them lying and trying to get me fired especially since i heard it with my own ears. There is also a rumored relationship between one of the girls and our new ETL.

What are my options? I don't want my job back bc they made my life miserable at work. This same girl also went to ETL-HR a month ago and told them that another girl had threatened her. I would like to get unemployment and work at the new store bc I've trained several of the TL's and they want me at the store but that would be difficult since i just got fired for allegedly threatening someone even though i have always been the model employee and never had a single issue other than being bullied.

Out of all the things that don't add up in this story, the most glaring thing is that they fired you and would help you with a transfer. How would that go?

New STL: "So tell me about this team member. Why does he want to transfer?"
Old STL: "Well we just fired him for physical and verbal abuse. But I think he wanted to transfer before that."

First of all you shouldn't be training TLs

Is this a company you really want to move forward with? I say collect Unemployment and search for a new job

Your story isn't adding up. Unless there was some pretty significant proof (video of you physically assualting someone), you wouldn't be fired for what you described without receiving several written warnings beforehand.

I didn't receive any written warnings, coachings, or CA's in my entire time at Target. There is no video footage bc it never happened. I'm the one who hounded my ETL about having AP check the cameras and he kept saying that he would talk to them. There were no witnesses and he was there the entire time and didn't hear me threaten her.

I would never threaten someone especially someone twice my size.

I agree with everyone. How can you be helped to transfer and you were just fired?

This is what i was told by the ETL but i never believed it. He said that he spoke with the ETL-HR and she said that she would help with the transfer even though i never spoke to her about transferring. HRTL is the one who said he would put in the transfer for me.

Sounds like a unhealthy store with aggressive cliques. But you need documentation and witness accounts to backup your line of events if these TMs are bullying you.

As for the altercation, video needs to be pulled and a report made if there was to be a termination. Did you sign or given any documentation on your termination?

Sounds like a unhealthy store with aggressive cliques. But you need documentation and witness accounts to backup your line of events if these TMs are bullying you.

As for the altercation, video needs to be pulled and a report made if there was to be a termination. Did you sign or given any documentation on your termination?

No, i didn't sign any documentation. It wouldn't be a problem for me to get statements from witnesses. There was no video or report made. Everyone thought i was joking about being fired bc i had no clue. I had just discussed with my ETL about an apology being made once the footage was viewed.

I didn't receive any written warnings, coachings, or CA's in my entire time at Target. There is no video footage bc it never happened. I'm the one who hounded my ETL about having AP check the cameras and he kept saying that he would talk to them. There were no witnesses and he was there the entire time and didn't hear me threaten her.

I would never threaten someone especially someone twice my size.
Short of stealing or physically assaulting someone it's damn near impossible to term a TM after their 90 days without several coachings/corrective actions.

There's something missing here.

Short of stealing or physically assaulting someone it's damn near impossible to term a TM after their 90 days without several coachings/corrective actions.

There's something missing here.

No nothing is missing. She claimed that i threatened her, the ETL said that they have to take things like that serious bc of legal reasons. No witnesses, no videotape, just what she told them.

No nothing is missing. She claimed that i threatened her, the ETL said that they have to take things like that serious bc of legal reasons. No witnesses, no videotape, just what she told them.

Then don't accept the firing. Go in and ask to speak to the stl and etl hr. Let them know you are contemplating calling the hotline.

They want you to quit and go away quietly. You will need to give the impression you are willing to fight this. Employment lawyer etc.

Last edited:

Here's what worked for one of my team members. Come in and say you have consulted with an employment lawyer and you need the documentation leading up to your termination. Your store will go nuts trying to figure out what to do. I have a feeling they didn't get hrbp approval to fire you.

It took us 1.5 years to fire a tm with hygiene issues. Our HRBP finally gave us the okay. I doubt your store gave yours the approval over some heresay

That's BS, unless you're TL or higher you shouldn't have to train someone above you. It's degrading

My store made me a trainer without even asking me. I was training TM's for my store, new stores, and TL's and Senior TL's.

Very strange. That is not an environment I want to associate with, why some people choose to be literal bitches for no reason, I have no idea. Bad childhood? Probably lmao. Are ETLs and AP able to really check cameras that easily? I assume they can't just look back into it unless for an investigation, but this probably would of been a valid investigation.

In the end, if you really enjoy working at Target, I'd try to apply at another one, but I'm not 100% sure if that's even a possibility now. There's something seriously wrong with your store if this is how it all ends for you. Cliques and personal vendettas do NOT work well in a Professional Work Setting. This whole thing reeks of serious corruption. I know some people date other co-workers at Target, so don't get too offended, but I absolutely hate when I hear co workers/leaders are dating eachother. It totally upsets a completely fair balance that's been established. There is favor now introduced, bias, and above all, situations like this don't get properly investigated, due to those two things. I wouldn't even allow my own GF to work at Target unless we were completely different work centers. (i.e Backroom and Front end positions)

If what you're saying is 100% complete, factual, and not missing, I'd definitely get in touch with the hotline despite being terminated from Target. I wouldn't fight for another job at Target(at least at that store), but I'd let them know what is going on. That's not right, this is not the place. I hope the workers that belittled you get fired, and the leaders that failed you get reprimanded for being horrible. Cliques do not exist in a professional setting, and when they do, it ruins EVERYTHING. Goodluck.

Are ETLs and AP able to really check cameras that easily? I assume they can't just look back into it unless for an investigation, but this probably would of been a valid investigation.
ETLs, no. AP, yes. Whether the results of what is found is actually handed over to leadership is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back