Archived Firing policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little confused by the verbiage, but generally, a TM can be termed at any point in their first 90 days if performance/attendance/conduct is an issue. It's basically a probationary period where both parties decide if Target is the right place for the TM.

I have a question i was terminated due to no call no show. However my phone log proves that i tried calling throughout the day starting in the am till noon. The following few days were my days off. Upon return i was told that i had been terminated due to no call no show policy. What options do i have. I can always request a sealed copy of my phone bill....then what? Do i contact corporate and prove my case with someone. my store hr is not even returning my phone calls Do i seek legal advice for wrongful termination, do i contact dear john, do we have a union ..... Just curious any info other than a smart remark would be appreciated.
Feel free to email me if anyone is uncomfortable posting here.
matheistanian@gmail.com

Thanks

It's now 165 days, not 90. At least in our district.
Someone is seasonal for 165 but only if hired as such. If you’re not hired at seasonal you only have a 90 day probationary period. Seasonal is longer because they’re hired under the impression that it is a temporary job. Letting a regular TM go do to not being the right fit requires some sort of documentation as to why but that can be as simple as a couple attendance or performance coaching. Seasonals you don’t need a reason

I have a question i was terminated due to no call no show. However my phone log proves that i tried calling throughout the day starting in the am till noon. The following few days were my days off. Upon return i was told that i had been terminated due to no call no show policy. What options do i have. I can always request a sealed copy of my phone bill....then what? Do i contact corporate and prove my case with someone. my store hr is not even returning my phone calls Do i seek legal advice for wrongful termination, do i contact dear john, do we have a union ..... Just curious any info other than a smart remark would be appreciated.
matheistanian@gmail.com

Thanks
No we don't have a union. You could try contacting an employment lawyer to see if there's any basis. Definitely get a copy of your phone log if you're thinking about any sort of legal action.

matheistanian@gmail.com

Thanks
You could call the hotline.

In my 12 years there have been 4 people that were fired and miraculously got their job back by doing so. One was as recent as of last fall.

It is a bit odd that your ETL-HR won't return your calls. If what you are stating is true, is there somebody there who has a huge axe to grind against you? Do you mind sharing the reason you were absent for your assigned shift when you "tried calling throughout the day"?

You were in the probationary period. Keep in mind if you seek legal help, your attorney may decline your case because when you completed your orientation paperwork, you signed a form waiving your right to sue in public courts. You'd have to use mandatory arbitration, kind of a private and somewhat secretive court system. Assume that your best option is to aggressively seek new employment elsewhere.

It is a bit odd that your ETL-HR won't return your calls. If what you are stating is true, is there somebody there who has a huge axe to grind against you? Do you mind sharing the reason you were absent for your assigned shift when you "tried calling throughout the day"?

You were in the probationary period. Keep in mind if you seek legal help, your attorney may decline your case because when you completed your orientation paperwork, you signed a form waiving your right to sue in public courts. You'd have to use mandatory arbitration, kind of a private and somewhat secretive court system. Assume that your best option is to aggressively seek new employment elsewhere.
This person worked at Target almost a year according to another thread. This isn't OP.

matheistanian@gmail.com

Thanks

It should be 3 NCNS in a row to terminate. If it was just one, singular occurence something is fishy. Was that your first ever?

I can show i made attempts to call without really calling. I had a team member say the same thing. I tested how long phone needed to actually connect to target menu his 'log' didn't show sufficient time to allow for menu let alone someone to answer.

I can show i made attempts to call without really calling. I had a team member say the same thing. I tested how long phone needed to actually connect to target menu his 'log' didn't show sufficient time to allow for menu let alone someone to answer.
Who even thinks about doing that? If you're going to call just to have the log, might as well stay on the line and talk to someone.

Last edited:
Are you telling me that attempting a call is good enough to avoid a NCNS? So you are purposefully trying to game the system in your favor?

I also have phone anxiety. I will do almost anything not to call on the phone which includes GOING TO WORK EVERY SHIFT.

I'm actually appalled.

Are you telling me that attempting a call is good enough to avoid a NCNS? So you are purposefully trying to game the system in your favor?

I also have phone anxiety. I will do almost anything not to call on the phone which includes GOING TO WORK EVERY SHIFT.

I'm actually appalled.
I feel this 😂 even when I’m not feeling great I still go to work because I’m too anxious to call out

What is with all the folks wanting to out themselves lately?

@graciebarra81 You might want to delete that, or at least remove the area.
How many targets are in that area though? As long as they aren’t posting their name and exact location, I don’t see the harm.

Me on the other hand, there is one Target in the city I work in.

I think that I had a seizure which is something I suffer from. They are aware of my medical condition which is under control when i take my meds and avoid certain situations. Myself and two of my children suffer from it. Im looking to relocate to Alaska with my son in the next few months and was wanting to transfere. The Good news is I think I have my job back now all i have to do is remind them that i planned on relocating to Alaska or Arizona which is something they new upon hiring me to finish up my Masters and help my son out.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back