Archived First Day of Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the thread. And I honestly do not know what forum to put this here.

It went pretty good. I did a lot of sorting (and soning? or is it sewning?) and I tried out the price scanners, as well as using the walkies, back rooming, and try to organize the shelves which took forever since at a toy aisle, it is very disorganized. I also took a break for 35 minutes. Only to find out that I was suppose to be taking a break for 15 minutes. And I shockingly remember the people who guide me and slightly met last night, which is nice. I guess the name tags kinda cut it.

Any tips on how to improve? My only question is that is it okay if I ask what is my assignment each day? Because I did a lot of stocking, and I was suppose to do Food Leading Assistant work, but I haven't done it. I'm open to any discussion.

It went pretty good. I did a lot of sorting (and soning? or is it sewning?) and I tried out the price scanners, as well as using the walkies, back rooming, and try to organize the shelves which took forever since at a toy aisle, it is very disorganized. I also took a break for 35 minutes. Only to find out that I was suppose to be taking a break for 15 minutes. And I shockingly remember the people who guide me and slightly met last night, which is nice. I guess the name tags kinda cut it.

Any tips on how to improve? My only question is that is it okay if I ask what is my assignment each day? Because I did a lot of stocking, and I was suppose to do Food Leading Assistant work, but I haven't done it. I'm open to any discussion.
Sounds like you did great, keep up the good work and ask questions. It is perfectly fine to ask what your assignment is for any given day, it gets easier , just keep an open mind and dont let people discourage you from working hard.

Shit - now they sound overqualified!

Reactions: Dog

When zoning don't forget to cover the double dimonds.

What? What is that?

2s1t261.jpg

If your looking at a shelf that holds toys for example, look on the shelf for double diamonds. When you zone, your supposed to cover those.

As others said, ask questions. Do your computer training. The LOD or your TL will give your assignment.

This is true- As a former trainer, I'd rather you ask me a thousand questions than you be like "No" or "Seems pretty easy to understand" when I ask you if you have ANY questions. Nothing pisses me off when your on your own and you say "I never was taught that" I give you everything you need to know so that means you dont care about your job.

This is true- As a former trainer, I'd rather you ask me a thousand questions than you be like "No" or "Seems pretty easy to understand" when I ask you if you have ANY questions. Nothing pisses me off when your on your own and you say "I never was taught that" I give you everything you need to know so that means you dont care about your job.
I have a questions.

How to get a proper team member card?

How to get a password for EHR than a "temporary" one?

Since I'm a team member, and my 90 day training is over, will I have to see my work related stuff online?

I have a questions.

Since I'm a team member, and my 90 day training is over, will I have to see my work related stuff online?

Speak with HR on both. I got my card with my 1sg paycheck but it depends on your store.

Hr will be able to help you get into eHR as well.

Speak with HR on both. I got my card with my 1sg paycheck but it depends on your store.

Hr will be able to help you get into eHR as well.
For the 3rd, will I be able to have an online work schedule for the list of tasks I would have to do without asking LOD/HR after my 90 training?

I’m sorry, I’m case you do not know, I have a weird way of typing or saying things.

You will see your online schedule. Workcenter may change. But, you have to pass the first 90 days. Lod or tl will give you direction.

Team Member Discount Cards arrive along with paychecks. Check with HR to see if they have your card yet. If they don't have your card yet, check in with HR again during the next pay day (happens every other Friday) at your store.

Get on a computer in the store. Click on the "Workbench" icon on the desktop page. Click on "Forgot Password." Go through the steps. You will get a temporary password. Go back to the main page. Log into your account using your TM number as your username and the temporary password as your password. You will be prompted to set up a new, non-temporary password.

For the 3rd, will I be able to have an online work schedule for the list of tasks I would have to do without asking LOD/HR after my 90 training?

I don't think they would put task lists online, but if market is anything like hardlines, the tasks are usually pretty much the same day-to-day, so once you know what area you'll be working, your TL/LOD/whoever will give you any additional or variations on the norm, but for the most part you'll know the drill pretty quickly.

I’m sorry, I’m case you do not know, I have a weird way of typing or saying things.
I’m not sure which department you’re in (sounds like hardlines?) but at my store we have a white board hanging in TSC (where the break room and the HR desk are) which gets updated daily with which department the hardlines people are working in that day and what their break schedule is. Just check with your TL or an LOD when you come in for the day to see if there’s anything specific they want you to do besides zoning, reshop etc

I’m not sure which department you’re in (sounds like hardlines?) but at my store we have a white board hanging in TSC (where the break room and the HR desk are) which gets updated daily with which department the hardlines people are working in that day and what their break schedule is. Just check with your TL or an LOD when you come in for the day to see if there’s anything specific they want you to do besides zoning, reshop etc
I completely forgot to mention! And I mean, that I do completely forgot to mention! That I'm positioned in Cafe (Food Ave) and I've been wondering that when should I work there? But I don't know if it's both my fault, or HR's fault, because I'm supposed to "meet" these people. I always wondered why I'm doing all of these stuff that I shouldn't be doing, but I did. And I just remembered that there's a miscommunication between me, and someone in the employer lounge room that I don't know if I should go to the cafe. Now I missed two days of training. Someone just has initials in the computer and got me into the position. I'm luckily still hired. However, someone that trained me who I actually with questioned me if someone showed me safety and sanitary requirements to which I didn't. Hopefully I will, or I just remind them. But yeah, I'm doing food stuff. Any questions, tips, and answers of the cafe position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back