Archived First day tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britney

'Tarbucks' Team member
Alright my first day is tomorrow at 5 and I'm really nervous. I am positioned at the Starbucks and im not sure what to do when I go in tomorrow. Should I go back to the team members room (ETL HR gave us the code in orientation.) If so then what should I do? Should I talk to they lady at the head desk or go talk to the ETL HR. I'm not 100% sure how to clock in and I don't know what I'm supposed to do tomorrow. They gave no instructions at all. Please help!!

Get there about 10-15 minutes early at your TMSC so they can show you where to put your personal items & how to clock in. After that, they should direct you to your trainer at Starbucks where you'll get a cap & apron before beginning your training.

Get there about 10-15 minutes early at your TMSC so they can show you where to put your personal items & how to clock in. After that, they should direct you to your trainer at Starbucks where you'll get a cap & apron before beginning your training.

Stupid question, what is 'TMSC'. Also thanks so much I've been freaking out since she called and said I was scheduled for tomorrow.

Stupid question, what is 'TMSC'. Also thanks so much I've been freaking out since she called and said I was scheduled for tomorrow.

The main office. Ask someone at guest services if you need direction.

Also just relax, it will go fine

Also do the Starbucks employees wear the target name tags? I wasn't sure because I hardly see anyone with them. (at the Starbucks)

Check with HR if they are there or Guest Services. Being your first day, you may go through cashier training before any SB training.

I won't have time to stop at home to grab different clothes, I have the all black for the Starbucks, is that a problem?

If you weren't informed of your 1st day duties or training, your ok.

Any solid color pant qualifies though.

If you weren't informed of your 1st day duties or training, your ok.

Any solid color pant qualifies though.

Thanks so much! I have all black because thats what I was told they wear in orientation. But seriously thank you all for the help

I won't have time to stop at home to grab different clothes, I have the all black for the Starbucks, is that a problem?

TMSC has red vests or extra red shirts that that you can borrow if you are getting cashier trained.

Also last question with the little lockers to put your personal items in, how do you know the combo? Are they all the same? Does someone give it to you or?

Also last question with the little lockers to put your personal items in, how do you know the combo? Are they all the same? Does someone give it to you or?
It should have instructions on or inside the locker, usually you set your own code and then lock, then reenter the code to unlock it.

For those maybe wondering, my first day went great, they did train me on register so I had to borrow a red shirt and buy khakis because I was expecting to start Starbucks.. Other than that it went well and many people couldn't believe it was my first day!

I do have one question.. Stores may vary, but what is the start of a week? I've already decided to take someone's shift and I'm trying not to push over 40 hours (since no overtime). Thanks to all of you for helping!

I do have one question.. Stores may vary, but what is the start of a week? I've already decided to take someone's shift and I'm trying not to push over 40 hours (since no overtime). Thanks to all of you for helping!

Each new week starts on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday.

Also, glad you had a wonderful first day!

Last edited:
First day at Starbees and they’re already training you for cashier? Quite the learning curve.

Starbucks and general Target have 2 different types of operations that don’t mesh together. Just remember everything you learn at Starbucks stays in Starbucks, and Target stays Target. Sounds strange now, but you’ll understand it with a couple weeks under your belt.

Good luck!

First day at Starbees and they’re already training you for cashier? Quite the learning curve.

Starbucks and general Target have 2 different types of operations that don’t mesh together. Just remember everything you learn at Starbucks stays in Starbucks, and Target stays Target. Sounds strange now, but you’ll understand it with a couple weeks under your belt.

Good luck!

I'll mostly be at starbucks, but I'll take the hours I can get, so if that means covering someone cashiering, I will! Today's my first day at Starbucks then I'm taking someone's cashier shift Friday. Scheduled Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday at Starbucks also.

Last edited:
Starbucks hours go way down in January it's beneficial to know how to cashier so you can survive the cuts coming in January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back