Archived First NCNS in 8 years... get a CA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asnts we had a tm ncns once during his 90 days and because he was such a hard worker nothing happened until his etl came back from vacation and wanted to know why so and so was still here after a ncns. The tm was let go later that day. Imo if you have rules it needs to apply for everyone not just the favorites

First, your TL and or ETL gets told about it. Then one of them writes the CA. Then it goes to HR for approval, gets returned to the TL with any changes, if necessary. Then it can be delivered. Depending on the schedules of those involved, it can take a couple of weeks.
Also, if I am going to fight against one being written, that could make things take longer if it is ultimately decided to issue a CA.

Yet, we have a guy who is late, calls in, or NCNS at least once a week and somehow still gets 30+ hours a week. He's been like this since being hired.

I'm sorry they're being harsh with you.

I've made the same mistake before, before the online schedule (Someone rotated our schedules on our schedule board, so the two week out schedule I read as the current week). I got written up for this, but I know and admitted it was my fault. That wasn't the only time either, but the other times I just got a smart joke, etc thrown at me. Most likely I think it is because other than these my attendance is perfect, and I haven't called out in about 3 years. So I think it shows that it was an obvious mistake rather than just me not wanting to work that day.

If your a Logistics Team Member and show up 99.9% of the time (and on time) in my store, you get some passes (at least in my experience).

I think my ETL-LOG,is extremely lenient on the Two-Hour NCNS rule. I have set my alarm wrong before, or forgotten to set it at all, no worse feeling than waking up and seeing the Sun up, (past the two hour mark). I think he understands that at the time we come in, if you fuck up your alarm you are screwed and will more than likely be more than just a little late. Everytime, (only twice) however I called immediately and came in and worked my whole shift, nothing was said to me other than just wise ass jokes thrown at me. Either they are lenient or they like me.

IMO, I think there is a huge difference between someone who hardly ever misses work and someone who just shows up when they feel like it . I would like to think if someone made an honest mistake ( ie misread the schedule etc ) and its something that has never happened before...then a simple hey just be careful don't let this happen again would suffice. Then if it happens again take the next step ( CA etc) . Sadly, more times than not tms who are the etls, stls, tls "pets" can get away with more than other tms.

Sadly, more times than not tms who are the etls, stls, tls "pets" can get away with more than other tms.

When it comes to policy ASANTS.

At my store a NCNS is a CA no matter who you are. We have 4 TLs on CA for NCNS.

Our etls and tls have favorites but if you break a rule you are written up regardless.

To add to the thread the reasons for CA are

A) NCNS
B) violation of policy and procedure
C) unsatisfactory performance
D) unsafe acts (happens in backroom)
E) not our brand (not wearing uniform)
F) negligent conduct
G) failure to follow information protection
H) disorderly conduct

Might be more.

The stores I've worked at require CA for NCNS. NCNS is independent of any previous bad conduct or good behavior. It's a formal warning for a separate incident, nothing to do with your general performance. I see nothing wrong for you getting a CA for that, just make sure it doesn't happen again.

Every store is different. Some stores are very lax on attendance for TMs over 90 days unless its habitual. Some stores get downright anal. 1 minute late and you get coached.

There were plenty of instances where my former stores posted the schedule and then made edits, and never posted the edited schedule.

And there times where I worked my butt off the night before and was expected to come in next day and open. Either I slept through my alarm or misread the schedule and came in at a later time

Never once did I get written up. I always owned up to coming in late and my management made it work.

So. Here is my opinion.

Schedule is made two weeks in advance, and is available online for viewing so realistically there should be no reason for a NC/NS. If someone isn't sure if they're working they should call the store to be sure. I do, even though I have a relatively set schedule. Some stores don't give the information out, which for the life of me I don't understand why.

Okay, mistakes happen. I get it. Problem is stores need to be consistent across the board so essentially one NC/NS is a corrective action.

I feel strongly however that exceptions should be made. If you are a TM who has consistent attendance problems (call-ins, lates, out-early) I'm not going to make any effort to call you because to me, they don't care about their job, why should I. On the other hand, if you have great attendance and it is unlike you to miss work without calling (or at all) I'll call, or ask someone to, just to make sure you are okay. I also fight tooth and nail to make sure we try to seek to understand it with those people before we act on it.

I agree that to do a corrective action after 8 years blemish free was a bit much, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

NCNS by the book is a CA. There is no debate around it. Do leaders ignore the rules and enforce at will? Sure. But the best practice is that it should always be a CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back