Archived First "Real" Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuestWho

"Putting the 'Hard' in 'Hardlines'"
Hey-oh!

Today is my first "real" unsupervised work shift. I've been trained for a few days now, and decided to pick up a shift from a fellow Team Member, to help 'em out.

I'm both a little nervous and excited to start this shift in a half an hour.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! If you aren't sure of anything, or don't know the answer to a guest's question, just ask one of your fellow TMs. Hope you have a good shift!

Update.... how did it go ?

^ That-a-bout sums up my day...

It was actually- not so bad! It was very hectic, but my team's very helpful.

Reshop sucked! But I did help a guest over the phone who wanted to talk to a supervisor to tell them how nice and helpful I was! So that was cool!

So, how was y'all's day?

Im flow so im hating life every day right now thanks new processe
You have my sympathies. I had to do inventory the other day. I was tasked with scanning all of Softlines in under an hour. XP

Fuck talk about setting tms up for failure that seems really difficult to do when guests are around
It was. According to the lady that's been training me, they used to have like three hours to complete the job. But not anymore.

I did my best though. I mean, that's all we can do, right? Thankfully, my boss is pretty cool, and knows that there was no way I'd be able to scan 75,000 items in such a small time frame. So she was fine with my end score.

View attachment 7345

^ That-a-bout sums up my day...

It was actually- not so bad! It was very hectic, but my team's very helpful.

Reshop sucked! But I did help a guest over the phone who wanted to talk to a supervisor to tell them how nice and helpful I was! So that was cool!

So, how was y'all's day?
Ive spent the past 3 years as a Hardlines TL, so a few things that will help.

Dont think you have to fix the whole store, obviously fix things that stand out as you see them, it will make a big impact.
Learn your store and how you can get reshop done faster. Example; If you have a bunch of domestics/home sort all of the bedding into one cart, all of bath into another etc... It will help eliminate steps and you will learn the different departments quicker.
Always respond to call boxes/back up calls even if you dont want to. A team member who goes above and beyond to help where needed "should" always get great recognition and will help you achieve any goals you have.
Communicate with youre LOD or leader if you feel overwhelmed and they can help.

Good luck!

Ive spent the past 3 years as a Hardlines TL, so a few things that will help.

Dont think you have to fix the whole store, obviously fix things that stand out as you see them, it will make a big impact.
Learn your store and how you can get reshop done faster. Example; If you have a bunch of domestics/home sort all of the bedding into one cart, all of bath into another etc... It will help eliminate steps and you will learn the different departments quicker.
Always respond to call boxes/back up calls even if you dont want to. A team member who goes above and beyond to help where needed "should" always get great recognition and will help you achieve any goals you have.
Communicate with youre LOD or leader if you feel overwhelmed and they can help.

Good luck!
Thanks! Those are very good tips!
I'm still new, so I need to learn where our two tier carts are kept. But that would help immensely.

Also, I'm not yet Cashier trained- so I can't help as backup yet. I felt so bad yesterday, because in my store Softlines are cashier backup, and Hardlines are backroom backup. They kept calling this one lady in Softlines, to be a backup since no one else would respond. I wanted to help so badly, but I couldn't because I wasn't trained yet. But I helped her by keeping her department in good shape while she was away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back