Archived Fisher-Price Recall Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
On the T.com recalls page and the gift registry kiosk recalls area, listed is:

Of course, this has spiraled into 10-20 of these a day and guests demanding we override the Merch Card to cash as apparently some mom FB group (or a highly intelligent scam group) has confirmed if you Karen Wants A Manager the poor SD TM enough, a wild override code will appear and the "mom" gets $89.99 + tax cash out the door.

And some look fairly new but I'm seeing a lot that are dingy yellow, either old or in a smoke environment.

What are y'all's stores doing?

Is there a better practice? Never dealt with recalls before today.

Add to this the new (old?) Keurig recall scam in which a guest provides a clearly thrift store purchased Keurig machine along with a recall list dated from 2014 and wants their money back.

We've had several of these in the past week or so and are flat turning them down.

As for the FP stuff, if it looked new I'd offer a merch card and that's it.

so we were doing it with ID as long as we could find the DPCI of the exact same one. if not i was telling them to go through the manufacture. they were coming up as clearance though, so that is all we were giving them back. it ended up being like 38.98 or something like that for most of them, so if they were unhappy with that then they needed to go through the manufacture.

I just explain to guest's regardless of a recall they can only get store credit that if they want a full merchandise credit that they need to talk to FP because they will send them a check.

On the T.com recalls page and the gift registry kiosk recalls area, listed is:

Of course, this has spiraled into 10-20 of these a day and guests demanding we override the Merch Card to cash as apparently some mom FB group (or a highly intelligent scam group) has confirmed if you Karen Wants A Manager the poor SD TM enough, a wild override code will appear and the "mom" gets $89.99 + tax cash out the door.

And some look fairly new but I'm seeing a lot that are dingy yellow, either old or in a smoke environment.

What are y'all's stores doing?

Is there a better practice? Never dealt with recalls before today.
We can offer a merch card for $89.99 MAX (lower if applicable) per Corporate. (My GSTL called). If they want cash or a higher price, FP will cut them a check as others said.

Last edited:
If they have proof of purchase within the last 90 days we are doing the return. After that, they can call the manufacturer because that is the direction of FP.
This is actually what should be done. As per CPSC (consumer product safety commission— gov org that handles recalls)

Consumers should immediately stop using the product and contact Fisher-Price for a refund or voucher.

with recalled items, we always make it right. like, there's a reason recalled DPCIs will always let you process a no receipt return. but that necessarily mean overriding a no receipt return to cash. i'd process the return for full retail value and put it onto a Target GiftCard, or direct them to the manufacturer if they want cash.

with recalled items, we always make it right. like, there's a reason recalled DPCIs will always let you process a no receipt return. but that necessarily mean overriding a no receipt return to cash. i'd process the return for full retail value and put it onto a Target GiftCard, or direct them to the manufacturer if they want cash.
lol POS came up item not on file when I tried so yeah...

We did make it right though... guest wanted cash, we offered gift card or fisher price’s phone number, they took GC

lol POS came up item not on file when I tried so yeah...

We did make it right though... guest wanted cash, we offered gift card or fisher price’s phone number, they took GC

Y'all are saying Gift Card here.

Why would we go that route and not Merch Card?

Just gaining clarity.

Problem is that we have had numerous people bringing in these recalled items that they bought several years ago. They are no longer in our system. We tell them to call FP.

"I love the Fisher-Price Rock 'n' Play Sleeper!!! My baby slept so soundly that she didn't even wake up! Why would you want to return such a fabulous item, when you can just save it for your next child"- review from fisherprice.com

One of our gals called CSC because they kept coming up item not found... CSC advised the DCPIs were intentionally removed because the guest was required to go through the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back