Archived Fitting Room duties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longtime lurker, first time poster and all that jazz :p

I joined as a seasonal TM this past holiday season and was asked to stay on as a softlines TM. I started doing fitting room out of necessity, though I was never trained (and that's led to some interesting miscommunications >>). In the past month or so, though, the duties have, uh, evolved? There's about four TMs including myself who are regularly scheduled as FR (though now more people are scheduled, though it usually ends in whichever of us four who are scheduled unofficially being asked to "switch" and do FR anyway... it's been a mess) and none of us are seasoned workers (one, like myself, joined as seasonal, one has been there since like August, and the other since July) so we're not sure if this is just how it works during the first quarter or if we're being taken advantage of.

FR started out as being in charge of sorting reshop, managing the phones, and, of course, helping guests in the fitting room. We then were told we were also in charge of zoning and maintaining reshop for jewelry/accessories and babies. In February, it became all of the above plus zoning and maintaining reshop for RTW. Our softlines (I guess Style now) area is pretty big compared to other locations in the area, so it's pretty much impossible to keep up on RTW and FR duties. It's become routine for whoever closes to text the person who opens the next day apologizing for how we've left things and promising we did our best. The cart attendants bring us reshop and apologize because they see how swamped we are. We pretty much never get all the reshop put away before being told to clock out. RTW and jewelry/accessories are always a huge mess. Guests have been stealing things left and right because we literally can't be in the FR all of the time. In the past month or so, I've usually been on opening shifts when the only Style TMs have been in charge of doing z-racks off the trucks, so the Style ETL has now told me to sort whatever reshop was left from the night before, then take the cordless phone, transfer the FR phones to it, and push reshop and zone all softlines areas. In addition, most of my fellow Style TMs are not native English speakers, so they usually call me to come help any guests who have questions or need assistance.

I'm an extremely fast worker but this is far too much for me and has become a huge stress to the point where I've had to hide in the FR closet and cry a few times. The few times we've tried to bring it up with the STL, we've basically been told 'do what you can, we just can't give anyone any more hours.' Maybe I'm just too new to Target to really understand, but this... doesn't seem right to me. I'm sure it varies from location to location, but can anyone let me know what the "normal" FR duties are?

Asants.

They’ve been taking responsibilities away from our operators—which is putting the pressure on the rest of the team.

Sorry, I should've clarified: the FR attendants are also operators at our store.

Are you the operator or receptionist?

Asking for a friend.

Sorry, I should've clarified: the FR attendants are also operators at our store.
I’ve been with Target for almost three years now and that’s how it’s always been at my store. We have one main FR person (then another one when that person has a day off) who answers the phone, sorts abandon, zones RTW/accessories/intimates. They’ve been there for years, though, so they like things a certain way.

but can anyone let me know what the "normal" FR duties are?

It sounds like your A&A Team is greatly understaffed, and your Leadership is not onboard with Modernization, at all.

We have 5 openers that push Truck, Zone, PC, Pogs/Adj, current go-backs (reshop) and always Guest Service. Then another Team of 4 more A&A TMs come in for closing, they mostly handle Zone and go-backs and, of course, Guest Service. The Teams overlap slightly. During ALL of these TMs shifts; they take turns at the FR; on average 1-2 hours each. We never have leftover go-backs from the night before.
Lastly..... the HR Team is now our operator(s). We only operate the phones on weekends.

moiraes.....this sounds a lot like our store.

There's way too much going on in softlines. Our softlines group hardly ever gets things done. Sometimes the Z-racks from the truck don't get done until the day after the clothes come in. Our SrTL iin softlines keeps getting all kinds of grief from the store leadership because things aren't getting done. The problem is that there's too much to do and nowhere near the staffing or labor hours to do all the work.
Our SrTL in softlines has been with the company for over 10 years and I keep expecting to come to work and have leadership say that SrTL softlines has quit. Sure hope that it doesn't happen, but SrTL seems to get "talked" to on a pretty regular basis.

m...the lesson to be learned here is....do what you can and let the rest just roll off your back. There's no way that the work will be able to get done so don't sweat it.

Remember...don't sweat the small stuff......remember, too....IT IS ALL SMALL STUFF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back