Archived fitting room help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for another question about the fitting room but could someone please walk me through how a normal closing fitting room shift goes?

what do you do when you first get there?
how often are you supposed to grab the reshop up at guest service?
how do you process a tag you find in the fitting room?
what do you do with items that need to be detected or fixed?
and are you supposed to zone and put away reshop too, or basically just sort stuff?
what if you don't know what department the person calling needs to be transferred to?

i was very breifly trained and am worried about my coming up fitting room shifts, please help!

All of this will possibly be different from what your store wants you to do, but:

When I first get there for afternoon/night shifts I go back to the fitting room first to grab the phone and so the FR person before me can fill me in if she needs to. If I start right at opening I'll go to Guest service first, grab the phone and reshop, then to the FR to take the phone off night service and sort.

I grab it kind of whenever. I normally close and they've been scheduling 1 softlines closer instead of 2, so I really don't touch reshop after 5. If there are enough closers though, I try to grab it after I work out all the RTW hanging since I end up by GS anyway, and then when I get back from break, and again right before I start closing announcements so I can sort between announcements.

At the GS computers hit k8 for "Sort Stuff" scan the tag, then k6 for empty package, and then hit the button for where you found it (k3 is fitting room, k1 is sales floor, but there are other options as well). We also staple a sheet to all the tags we find at once saying what it is, where it was found, our name, date, time and any other details. If there is a large pile I'll put them in a plastic bag with the paper instead of trying to staple them all together. Then there is a bin at GS to put them in for AP.

Defective items I give to GS and either tell them or leave a note that says it is defective. I know the process for defecting them is similar to empty packages, but usually we bring them up late and our LOD want us out ASAP

Lately I zone after around 5 or 6 depending on the LOD since we are short on closers, but normally I'd sort and work stuff out most of the night and only zone if the LOD thought softlines was getting behind.

Usually it's pretty easy, anything kitchen related I do small appliances, bedding/bath/storage/home improvement/automotive I do domestics, then there's furniture, toys, health and beauty, market, toys, stationary, electronics, pets, seasonal, and guest service which are all kind of self explanatory. Starbucks/Food Ave I give to GSA since those areas don't usually have walkies. If they are looking for a book I do electronics. One spot/Bullseye's Playground I give to guest service. Party stuff is usually stationary. If you really aren't sure, guess or look it up on the mydevice and take care of the call yourself. I did that quite a bit when I first started to learn where stuff was.

Again, your store might want you to do things differently so I'd suggest asking someone at your store what they normally do for a fitting room shift. It really isn't as terrifying as most people expect it to be. I'm sure you'll do fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back