Archived Fitting Room Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone feel about the new procedure for operator?
Corporate has no clue how busy operator is. I wish, Corporate, District and Regional levels would work in the stores on a weekly basis.

What is the new procedure? That there has to be someone in the fitting room at all times?

Operator has to stand outside of room and ask Guest if they need a new size and get the new size, help the guest to find the best outfit for them, walk guest into fitting room and answer the phones.

As a customer the best fitting room experience I ever had was at a Tilly’s. I was shopping for a graduation dress and I had just taken one dress into the fitting room since I only found one I liked. The lady knocked on the door and asked if the size was okay, and I said I could actually probably use a size bigger. She came back with a size bigger and ALSO 3 other dresses that were a similar style in case even the bigger size in the one I picked didn’t work out and I ended up buying one of the dresses she picked out for me.

However literally all she had to do was put the go-backs on hangers and give people rooms. She was probably bored out of her mind since I was the only one in the store for the entirety I was there. This kind of customer service only works in a situation like this. This wouldn’t even be feasible at my AA+ volume store so idk what target was even thinking.

Hardlines carries a cordless and answers calls at my store.

Worst idea ever.

So does another close by store.

It's a struggle at our store. Plus, we have to trade out TMs at the FR every two hours & they can only be there for one 2 hr block per shift.

Operator has to stand outside of room and ask Guest if they need a new size and get the new size, help the guest to find the best outfit for them, walk guest into fitting room and answer the phones.

We have successfully adopted the same FR expectation .... except the phones. Either HR becomes the Operator, or another A&A TM carries the cordless phone w/ them on the salesfloor.
As for the FR expectation......I have to admit, our Guests are really responding favorably to the one-on-one attention they receive from the FR TM. Similar to @Leo47 's experience at Tilly's...... our TMs are constantly finding different sizes and additional fashion options for our Guests. The Team is truly engaged with the Guests. And our Guests really like it ! One woman compared it to the service she received at Nordstrom ! Wow, right?????? The Team is totally on-board with this FR expectation...... and when it gets busy, it becomes a Team effort and everyone pitches in.

The only thing that frustrates me is that we’re supposed to be counting the items and direct them to rooms. That’s fine, but it’s awful to have to go around the desk every single time there’s a guest, which is a new addition. Counting items is fine. But I can see many guests become uneasy when I walk with them to the other side. We don’t have locked rooms. We need to be able to track the rooms again if those are expectations. Shortage is not gonna be reduced otherwise.

Our GVP said in a perfect world the desk wouldn’t be there he thinks they’re tacky and “you’d never see that in a high end retailer”

The sizes thing was already a part of the spiel my store team did when guests headed back to a fitting room. Checking on them might not go over well at some stores, some guests might see that as being too nosy or insinuating they’re up to no good in there. (Have basically had people try to claim that before when I tried to be helpful. Meh, suburbanites...)

The sizes thing was already a part of the spiel my store team did when guests headed back to a fitting room. Checking on them might not go over well at some stores, some guests might see that as being too nosy or insinuating they’re up to no good in there. (Have basically had people try to claim that before when I tried to be helpful. Meh, suburbanites...)

Our Guests need to be "re-trained" with the new FR procedure as well..... just like the TMs ! The Guests will complain and questions any "changes" we make...... just like the TMs ! Consistency is key with everything. Slow, steady consistency. Eventually...... everyone will be on-board. :)

Psh we pull our fr to zone every dang night. No one is oj the same page at my store. Every lod wants something different done. We havent seen the fr for months beyojd all the freaking reshop and truck push back therd :/ we need better leadership our frs are basically a flashing neon sign sayjng steal here!

Our GVP said in a perfect world the desk wouldn’t be there he thinks they’re tacky and “you’d never see that in a high end retailer”
fair enough, I never understood why exactly it was there. We answer phones in my store though so that might be why.

I did the training today. Good ideas, but.... we’re just not there yet. I saw a TM doing everything perfect and it just made the guest uncomfortable.

From a customer standpoint, I could appreciate having someone to bring me another size if needed. But I really prefer to be left alone in stores unless I actually need something, so I just take a couple sizes into the fitting room with me if I'm not sure.
Victoria's Secret has little buttons you press in the fitting rooms that alert a worker that a customer needs another size or whatnot. Alerts are annoying, but I think that would be more effective than making a TM keep walking to the rooms and checking.

I was in the fitting room at American Eagle and the doors didn’t have locks and there was a button right next to the door so I thought maybe if I pressed the button it will say something like “occupied” so someone knows I’m in there (dumb in hindsight but I was like they’re not gonna just let me change with no form of lock) so I get to changing and an employee bangs on the door “CAN I COME IN DO YOU NEED HELP” scared the shit out of me I was like “NO IM GOOD THANKS” he was probably walking away like “then why’d you press the button then bitch” like I would have lmaooo

From a customer standpoint, I could appreciate having someone to bring me another size if needed. But I really prefer to be left alone in stores unless I actually need something, so I just take a couple sizes into the fitting room with me if I'm not sure.
Victoria's Secret has little buttons you press in the fitting rooms that alert a worker that a customer needs another size or whatnot. Alerts are annoying, but I think that would be more effective than making a TM keep walking to the rooms and checking.
I have to admit, it'd probably raise an eyebrow hearing the walkie twat scream "FAST SERVICE NEEDED IN FITTING ROOM FOUR, WHO IS RESPONDING?!".

Had service tested in my last place of employment, children would push the button while mom was trying stuff on. Kind of a pain. Especially when short staffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back