Archived Fixture Captain Role

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSith373

Freedom of Information to All
My store is going to start a remodel on July 1 and they’ve asked me to become fixture captain. They didn’t give me much detail on about the role. They only said I’ll be managing fixtures and knowing what’s in the containers. I’m gonna be the morning Fixture Captain and would have an overnight Fixture Captain which our shifts would overlap by 2 hours.

Does anybody have any experience with being Fixture Captain? This is my first remodel that I’ve gone through with Target. If there’s any tips or advice, I would really appreciate it.

"Captains" are an ASANTS thing, not actual roles but target speak for more responsibility/blame with no extra pay. Your best bet is to coordinate heavily with your partnering TM in keeping track of what happened/moved each night prior to you arriving, since it sounds like you'll be the go-to person for finding everything. Also make sure you tell your leaders right away if you see issues with overnight TMs dumping stuff in the wrong places to get out quicker, because you're going to have a lot of seasonal TMs with minimal training doing things they're not ready to do yet.

Good luck!

My store is going to start a remodel on July 1 and they’ve asked me to become fixture captain. They didn’t give me much detail on about the role. They only said I’ll be managing fixtures and knowing what’s in the containers. I’m gonna be the morning Fixture Captain and would have an overnight Fixture Captain which our shifts would overlap by 2 hours.

Does anybody have any experience with being Fixture Captain? This is my first remodel that I’ve gone through with Target. If there’s any tips or advice, I would really appreciate it.

First, you will be overwhelmed by the amount of fixtures involved. But it will get better!

I would ask for a copy of the container key from your ETL remodel or contractor in charge and a flash light.

- Keep the boneyard clean and organized. If you see someone who shouldnt be in there, let security know.

- Have a marker handy and write in big letters whats in the box or pallet.

- May be helpful to rearrange containers by dept. or types of fixtures.

- Any old fixtures left by plano you know for sure are not being used anymore, throw it in the provided dumpster in the boneyard.

- Label all the containers (that's yours) and list what's fixtures are inside. For smaller things, maybe write on notebook.

- You will be condensing fixtures a lot, the less containers the better. They will start to remove containers about midway.

- New/ordered fixtures will be coming in often, so keep tabs of whats what. Communicate with presentation leaders/signing person/remodel ETL of what came in.

- It would be handy to know how to use a stacker or electric jack to bring heavy pallets of shelves in.

- Their will be fixtures that you have never seen before, you can try to reference the fixture guide, ISM remodel guide, SAP or instruction to see what exactly it's for. You can DM me or ask here if you dont know.

- I would try to keep fixture room in store clean as well if it gets too crazy.

- Near the end of remodel, you must have all the containers cleared. Keep any fixtures you need in the store. Anything not used will be staged outside to be picked up and never to be seen again.

Last edited:
dress cool. we started our remodel beginning of July last year and our dayside fixture captain was constantly roasting in the heat out there.

"Captains" are an ASANTS thing, not actual roles but target speak for more responsibility/blame with no extra pay. Your best bet is to coordinate heavily with your partnering TM in keeping track of what happened/moved each night prior to you arriving, since it sounds like you'll be the go-to person for finding everything. Also make sure you tell your leaders right away if you see issues with overnight TMs dumping stuff in the wrong places to get out quicker, because you're going to have a lot of seasonal TMs with minimal training doing things they're not ready to do yet.

Good luck!
Captains are a thing for remodel! You’re supposed to pick a fixture and a signing captain. You also get a remodel TL and a TL that over sees all the planos for remodel

My store had that. And it sorta went into the void.

We also had a horrible fixture contractor crew that couldn’t build a cardboard box and when things came in they got shoved into the boneyard all Willy nilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back