My guess is that someone decided they are more of a hassle then they are worth. Inventory accuracy for those things is notoriously awful. No matter how often you remind people that each color is a different DPCI, people are going to hit K8 and quantity them all together. (It really doesn't help this at all that the stickers fall off those things easily.) They sell fast for BTS, but since it's almost impossible for stores to maintain their counts they're likely seeing way too many INFs and having to split orders between too many stores. Hard to make money if someone's order for a dozen pink cups has to be split between multiple stores.
That makes sense. They’re not available for regular online order though (shipping from a DC) either, which doesn’t make any sense, since I assume counts there are typically pretty accurate.

That makes sense. They’re not available for regular online order though (shipping from a DC) either, which doesn’t make any sense, since I assume counts there are typically pretty accurate.

It probably doesn't make sense to ship them from a DC routinely because they are so cheap and if you've see how they are packed into cases, then you know how much of a pain in the ass they are to deal with. I think DCs have problems with them too as mispicks for them are common. One of my most rage inducing moments at Target was when I had an OPU for 21 of the grey dinner plates. We should have had exactly 72. That's two case packs. We had 1 plate. One.

It probably doesn't make sense to ship them from a DC routinely because they are so cheap and if you've see how they are packed into cases, then you know how much of a pain in the ass they are to deal with. I think DCs have problems with them too as mispicks for them are common. One of my most rage inducing moments at Target was when I had an OPU for 21 of the grey dinner plates. We should have had exactly 72. That's two case packs. We had 1 plate. One.
Yeah I get that but this time of year they should allow it bc it’s so popular for Btc. Even if they made you order it in sets.

Also doesn’t explain why after looking more, I’ve discovered some colors are eligible, and some aren’t. Very weird.

Also doesn’t explain why after looking more, I’ve discovered some colors are eligible, and some aren’t. Very weird.

Interesting...but trying to figure that out is going down a rabbit hole. Maybe something to do with the supply chain. If you really dig, you'll find all kinds of odd discrepencies like that. For example, there is a particular flavor of Gerber baby food that can't be ordered. I can't remember which one, but it's just one of the little cup ones. When I looked into it, there seemed to be plenty of it nationally and in various stores. But, it could not be ordered. Why? I have no clue. Or why for awhile there could grey Switches be ordered, but not neons? Actually, my best guess on the dinnerware is that someone at Target.com just simply overlooked turning some of them off.

Hi all! I know that many stores are launching fresh grocery pickup soon. I read all of the resource material and typed up a condensed document to go over with my team members if anyone is interested, definitely PM me! I also printed out the ePick app guide and the Grocery Freshness Guidelines in color and I feel that those two are helpful for the team to look at while I read the other document to them!

Oh yeah we're starting fresh soon too. I saw the grocery Freshness Guidelines referenced in the printout my TL gave me but have never seen such a document. I'll have to ask about it
Definitely it has photos what good and bad produce looks like for each kind of produce and for meat as well. And storing instructions for each item

Definitely it has photos what good and bad produce looks like for each kind of produce and for meat as well. And storing instructions for each item
Oh wow, I've never seen this and we've been doing fresh/frozen OPUs for months.

We're starting it, but our freezers for it aren't up and running yet. Won't be until the end of the month at least. So glad I'm not in Fulfillment..

A couple of heads' up to FFTMs and TLs out there:

1) They really did enable RFID on a lot of things that were previously disabled. No, don't believe epick when it tells you chem is enabled, but a lot of softlines that weren't before now are. YAY! I've had success with the crew neck Lyndale T-shirt's in mens, girls Art Class, school uniforms, and Oh My God!!!!! Facemasks!!!!!!!!! (At least own brand)

2) When auditing INFs from OPU batches, I previously said it needed to be done after hitting batch complete. I was wrong. Sort of. You need to do it after hitting batch complete after the entire order has been picked. So, if the order has been split into multiple batches, you'll need to audit after they're all done. This includes orders that have been split between regular and grocery batches.

For those getting grocery pickup, please take partner with your bakery and fdc leader. A lot of bakery items will usually have negative on hands or will be on the fdc unload. My store fdc truck has moved from 5pm delivery to 11am delivery. Infing locks items for 2 days so I do not allow my team. To inf any grocery opu without leader approval

Question for fulfillment TLs (TMs can chime in too):

With the understanding that there are at times good reasons to skip around a little bit in the OPU queue, what would you think of a TM who when doing the OPU batches that have accumulated overnight always grabs the batch with the greatest number of eaches thus leaving the smaller batches for others and increasing their own personal pick productivity?

So say you have:

Pickup 1 23(23)
Pickup 2 23(24)
Pickup 3 23(25)
Pickup 4 23(23)
Pickup 5 23(40)

So this TM is going to take Pickup 5 and after finishing take Pickup 3 if still there. Would you put a stop to this?

With the understanding that there are at times good reasons to skip around a little bit in the OPU queue, what would you think of a TM who when doing the OPU batches that have accumulated overnight always grabs the batch with the greatest number of eaches thus leaving the smaller batches for others and increasing their own personal pick productivity?

So say you have:

Pickup 1 23(23)
Pickup 2 23(24)
Pickup 3 23(25)
Pickup 4 23(23)
Pickup 5 23(40)

So this TM is going to take Pickup 5 and after finishing take Pickup 3 if still there. Would you put a stop to this?
If I see this, then yes, a word in the side would be said....every pick should be "next batch up"....

If I see this, then yes, a word in the side would be said....every pick should be "next batch up"....

Thanks for the response. I generally agree, but have to admit that it's not always next batch up for me, if I'm working alone. Skipping and combining certain batches can at times increase my efficiency and I'm always looking for ways to do that. I'll do all the batches eventually. But, when someone is doing that to pad their own metrics and screwing over other TMs working with them, it's an issue I think.

I dont get how its screwing over the other people.- if the times are all the same it doesn't matter really. The only people at my store who would even think to do this, are our hardest workers already. We have the opposite problem where people will grab the smallest batch and just do that.

I dont get how its screwing over the other people.- if the times are all the same it doesn't matter really. The only people at my store who would even think to do this, are our hardest workers already. We have the opposite problem where people will grab the smallest batch and just do that.

It's exploiting an discrepancy between working in batches and the productivity metric that we're judged by. Let's say that someone does a 23(23) OPU batch and finishes in exactly half an hour. Their UPH is going to be 46. Someone else who does a batch that is 23(30) and also finishes in exactly half an hour is going to have a UPH of 60. That second person is going to look a lot better on paper even though they are not working harder and going faster. So, if someone always takes the largest eaches batches for themselves their personal metrics look better than other TMs and they haven't helped the team as a whole at all. If they take enough of the largest eaches batches, they can actually go slower than everyone else and still look better on paper when leads look at things later.

So say you have:

Pickup 1 23(23)
Pickup 2 23(24)
Pickup 3 23(25)
Pickup 4 23(23)
Pickup 5 23(40)

I would put a stop to it. My team must grab the first batch in the queue

Back