Archived Flow team being sent home after 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else's store doing. The are getting scheduled from 4am to 8 but they keep getting told to leave at 7. The check they hours online and it looks like leaders keep going in the day before and changing their shifts to 3 hours

Uh oh looks like your store is cutting hours....nothing new here...

We don't send them early but we are sending them out right on time even if they are not done.

We caught on to some of them working slower with small trucks then asking if they could extend.

4 hours to finish a 1100 of transition? No, go home...

Fwiw: I have never seen a single Target store where a logistics etl sticks to their budget of hours.

One could argue that logistics isn't given enough hours but the reality is we are just less efficient than other companies with our logistics process.

Usually salesfloor gets their hours cut or they end up pushing the truck flow couldn't finish

Last edited:
Ours dont get sent home early even aith hour cutting but they are kicked out on time. Lod determines if the closers do truck but usually not since we only have 4hrs to get reshop clear and zones done with two of us. Tbh our truck push often sits for 4 or 5 days at a time we havent been clean since e2e started.

Our team has been scheduled for 3 hours ever since January. We've also had like 4 tms quit since then without giving notice so we're depleted and generally can't get through more than 2 sections of the store before people have to leave so they have been kicking most people out on time, but asking like 4 of us to work 8 hour days to cover. We also overspent on payroll last week preparing for a visit that never happened, and we've added like 2 trucks the past two weeks. Also on Saturdays when our ETL log is responsible for running truck because the flow TL gets the day off, he doesn't care that we're short on hours and he will encourage anyone to stay. It works out for me, because i've been getting 30+ hours a week since January despite only being scheduled for like 15 a week, but I feel bad for our sales floor because generally I think their hours get cut because of us.

@HRZone, so with Logistics process generally taking the majority of the payroll it seems like, what happens to the rest of the store I’m curious.

We don't send them early but we are sending them out right on time even if they are not done.

We caught on to some of them working slower with small trucks then asking if they could extend.

4 hours to finish a 1100 of transition? No, go home...

Fwiw: I have never seen a single Target store where a logistics etl sticks to their budget of hours.

One could argue that logistics isn't given enough hours but the reality is we are just less efficient than other companies with our logistics process.

Usually salesfloor gets their hours cut or they end up pushing the truck flow couldn't finish

I want to agree with your conclusion about our logistic processes being less efficient. Can you can give any specific examples where Target's processes are less efficient?

I want to agree with your conclusion about our logistic processes being less efficient. Can you can give any specific examples where Target's processes are less efficient?

I think the Log TLs on here can better speak to why we are less efficient but I walked with our grocery director who came from Kroger and she said they unload and stock over double the cartons per hour that we do at Target.

@HRZone, so with Logistics process generally taking the majority of the payroll it seems like, what happens to the rest of the store I’m curious.

When you're overspent the books have to be balanced. You sadly can't cut logistics because the freight just keeps coming, so generally salesfloor and front end are the first ones to get the scissors.

You CAN close a store with one tm in hardlines and one in softlines but it's not good for that team member's mental health in any way.

@unknown the biggest inefficiency is ASANTS. We don't train the same and we prioritise differently. When I worked at Shoppers the manager would say how long things should take and set the expectation. The Uboat always had the same aisle or section. Things were not flexed the way many Target stores do. The flow and Hardlines process I've seen that does that works far better than the flow process that's just says do it as fast as you can and has multiple aisles together be it on purpose or accident.

Last edited:
We've been getting only 3 or 3.5-hour shifts, sent home whether truck is done or not.
As much as *everyone* likes to disparage flow, it's awful funny how much product I find overstocked, in the wrong place, not security-wrapped, etc. during my next shift after sales floor finishes what I couldn't get done. Yeah, truck team is so inefficient when we push product to the right places in the right capacities. Oh, and we remember to FIFO too and check multiple locations. At least, some of us do.

This is how you get rid of hard working but higher paid, often older, TMs. They tend to have more bills to pay, so after a couple months of this, they find other jobs, leaving you with a younger, lower paid team.

This is how you get rid of hard working but higher paid, often older, TMs. They tend to have more bills to pay, so after a couple months of this, they find other jobs, leaving you with a younger, lower paid team.

That's how it used to be. However the higher starting pay and across the board pay increases are wiping out the more tenured TMs merit raises.

Watch a softlines break out. One of the most ridiculous and ineffective processes I have ever seen. The number of foot steps they take just during break out is crazy!

Watch a softlines break out. One of the most ridiculous and ineffective processes I have ever seen. The number of foot steps they take just during break out is crazy!

Even at Old Navy we would just chuck the shit into carts by department, it was up to the person pushing to take it out of the bag and hang it. Screw that roll rack shit, you took a cart of push and your cart for trash and off you went. Open a few bags see what you have and walk your way through pushing as you detrash. Or detrash a bunch and work them out. Repeat per cart, you still take all those steps but your push is done. Where how we do it you walked miles before one thing is out on the floor..

Is anyone else's store doing. The are getting scheduled from 4am to 8 but they keep getting told to leave at 7. The check they hours online and it looks like leaders keep going in the day before and changing their shifts to 3 hours
In my state we have to be paid for four hours whether we work 1 minute or 4 hours. Over 4 hours we get paid what we worked. that means target won't cut below 4 hours in my state. That being said flow all has 4 or 4.5 hour days.

Interesting we have about 18 people for 3.5 hours each. But I'm in region 200 where no one is having an essentials team. We haven't changed much about unload other than softlines, beauty and market doing their own push

Used to our soft line gals would get the carts, a cage for trash and then one of them would grace their presence in receiving. The breaking out takes forever bc things are in plastic and so on. They never set up efficiently on the floor. Now, they are in a corner in the backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back