Archived Food Avenue Antics

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcamper92

Food Ave Deviant
So, is anyone else having problems ordering stuff at their cafe? I know there's been talks that the vendors are switching over from McClain (sp?) to the other one that the rest of the store uses. Who else here has been out of everything for like the last month and a half?

aaf_cry.gif

Well that's a new feature... all I did was post a link to a Reddit thread.

We had one day where we were out of pretzels, popcorn, hotdogs & tenders.
All we could sell were pizza, pasta, breadsticks & drinks.
We've been getting a few things back in a trickle.

Alright y'all,

I have a conundrum here....

So, with our pretzel warmer, the Winston CVAP to be more specific... the little metal wire rack that holds the pretzels up somewhat, it has broken and we're trying to find a replacement for it. We've checked the SAP/TIPP and can't find anything but ordering a whole pretzel machine. We've taken it up with our PMT but they don't seem to know what the heck we're talking about. I don't know if anyone here or someone in this group might know where we can find a replacement piece, if someone can point us in the right direction lemme know.

(Photos)

IMG_0807.jpg IMG_0810.jpg

Could be worth a shot. Idk if they're even aware of Yammer, but I'll ask next time around. In the meantime, I've gone as far as looking up the manuals online, trying to see a specs sheet. I feel like they should make this stuff easier for all of us

I thought McLane already switched to FDC like a year ago or so. I know a lot of Cafes are starting to phase out but they should still be having food until they do close.

I thought McLane already switched to FDC like a year ago or so. I know a lot of Cafes are starting to phase out but they should still be having food until they do close.
The original post is from last year.

I didn't think to look at the date, for some reason I thought it was a newer post :oops:

I'm having trouble getting ketchup, ranch, and other things. Finally started seeing soda bibs come in and strawberry Minute Maid. Anyone else having issues? I created a mysupport ticket but all they said was it's starting to come in to the DC so keep ordering but that was well over two weeks ago

Ours disappeared with our remodel,but we do have a very nice beer and wine space,anyone thirsty? We stopped using McLane a few years ago.

I honestly feel that Food Avenue/ Pizza hut is not in our long term business model. Some are being phased out.

We are trying to distance ourselves from our competitors. Be better. More trendy, style inclined.

I equate our ties with low quality Pizza Hut along the way Kmart had Little Caesar's.

Target Cafe needs a major gut and revamp to a new concept, or just expanded spirits section.

Last I heard FA long term is going away everywhere. Based on the market you're in it's either an expanded Guest Services OPU hold space, expanded or enlarged Starbucks, or a beverage alcove that is craft beer, wine, and in some markets liquor. FA was always providing guests with convenient options and it's just not doing that while having high enough margins.

Last I heard FA long term is going away everywhere. Based on the market you're in it's either an expanded Guest Services OPU hold space, expanded or enlarged Starbucks, or a beverage alcove that is craft beer, wine, and in some markets liquor. FA was always providing guests with convenient options and it's just not doing that while having high enough margins.

Our green (consumables side) strike/promo has been expanded liquor for some time now.

I know my old cafe needed a major gut. Flooring was outdated so made it impossible for me to fix and look good and each year CBAR wouldn’t fix it. Tables are in bad shape and again many of them didn’t have a replacement part.

I'm having trouble getting ketchup, ranch, and other things. Finally started seeing soda bibs come in and strawberry Minute Maid. Anyone else having issues? I created a mysupport ticket but all they said was it's starting to come in to the DC so keep ordering but that was well over two weeks ago

We’ve been having ordering issues on the last several shipments. Soda BIBs, strawberry smoothies, but we just got ours in after like three weeks without them.

We ordered the max allowed on pizza dough for the last three orders because we were only getting ~2 cases & we pan a case a DAY.
Didn't get hotdog buns, ranch or dipping cheese for weeks on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back