Archived Food dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourbasement

Food Ave Dude
Fellow food ave here, been lurking the forums a lot but haven't had time to post a greeting. 3 months in and everything is going smooth, except for the weekend rush, but I survive. Some TMs were surprised I stayed in this long, but it's a job and I keep busy compared to the movie theater that made me want to watch paint dry instead of standing there for 8 hours.

Well that's it from me.

We can turn this into the Foodie thread like Coqui's thread morphed into the Starbucks thread.
I did an opening guide for Pizza Hut but that was four years ago.
BuliSBI added items for Target Cafe & Krissfak put in his checklist.
We need a closing routine posted as well as day to day tasks for the two.
Basement, is yours Pizza Hut or Cafe?

My TL is moving to another Target, so the sales manager is going to schedule a mid day shift which will depend on the new folks who got hired.

I close a ton, I only have had two opening shifts not counting training. But it'll be a mix of closing and mid day shift now. Unless they need me to open once or twice.

Alright, theres a mini checklist to refer to.

By 4 PM, you should be almost done with making pastas for tomorrow, and pizzas for tonight. Once all the products are finished, dissemble the Maketable and throw everything into the three compartment sink to wash. Ensure any leftover products are discarded and/or marked with date stickers if you're storing inside the maketable.

Continue to put pizzas in the oven after the 20 minute hold time has passed.

By 5 PM, you should be cooking the last of the breadsticks and putting them in the holding box and dating and marking them with a time card. Depending on how many breadsticks you have, pump the last of the marinara sauce into the plastic cups to be served to guests and put it into the heater. Turn off the volwrath breadstick sauce heater and dissemble it to be washed in the sink. Also check temperatures on all the freezers and some fridges and mark them in your paperwork

Continue to put pizzas and pastas through the oven and out to guests to serve.

By 6 PM, you should have all preztels cooked up and ready to be put into a heating hold, we have a heating unit to hold food separate from the hot hold for pizza hut products. We use the CVAP to cook preztels, pull out the metal containers and use one to drain the CVAP of all water for the night. Dump the water in the sink and wash the metal holders and run through dishwasher. Also at 6 PM, pull out tomorrow's pizza dough to be in holding for 30 minutes and turn on the proofer. Time it for 30 minutes and at 6:30 , put the dough in the proofer.

By 6:30 PM, you should have popcorn done and enough in the popper to layout a couple of bags in the warmer for guests who come in later. Usually 3-5 bags is good. Dump the rest of the popcorn into the trash and clean out the machine. The timer should go off and now it's time to put the dough in the proofer time it for 65 minutes. Also use the red bucket cleaning kit to get the oil and butter off the glass and the kettle.

As always, keep making pizzas and pastas.

At 7, turn off the hotdog roller and put the hot dogs left in parchment in a boat, then put them in the heater. Remove the hotdog roller with two paper towels and wash it through the sink. Lay it out to dry. And then use the red bucket cleaning kit to clean the hot dog roller

At 7:30, all pizzas and pastas need to be cooked, put whatever stock is left in the oven and take the lids and put them in the sink. Restock drink cups, icee lids for tomorrow. Ensure sandwiches and subs in the cooler don't expire tomorrow. Dump the ICEE treys in the sink and wash them thoroughly, then put them through the washing machine and restack back on the icee holder. Restock lids, straws and condiments for tomorrow. Also the pizza dough should be ready, check to make sure the dough has reached lines in the pizza pan and then put the unit back into the retarder for tomorrow.

At 8, turn off the front lights, and discard of all leftover food stock. Mark it on the sheet. Make sure to do paperwork such as the safety checklist from pizzahut. Ensure cookies are set out for tomorrow if thawing them, then lock all freezers and fridges and give the keys to Starbucks if they use the same set of keys. Take a bucket and a nozzle remover and remove soda nozzles into the bucket and wash them. Use cleaning pump to cover drains in solution. Take a second bucket and run hot water only and drain it into the soda drain. Afterwards, call the LOD to check your work and you are ready to go.

I can add anything, but this is what I do. We don't have a turbo chef.

Last edited:
That's a good list.
I know others will have different ways on certain things like my store proofs dough in the early morning during set-up & breakfast but ASANTS (all stores are not the same).
Seeing various ways of doing things can sometimes help folks solve problems at their store.

That's a good list.
I know others will have different ways on certain things like my store proofs dough in the early morning during set-up & breakfast but ASANTS (all stores are not the same).
Seeing various ways of doing things can sometimes help folks solve problems at their store.

Thanks! and definitely!

Welcome.

I wish my target had a food avenue. :(

Just get corporate to cut out a section and addon to the target! jk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back