Archived Food Team Lead Routines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi FTLs,
Just curious as to what your daily routines are everyday like what you do at the start of your shift, how you check with your team, what time you come in etc? I'm trying to figure out the best way to stay organized with 3 departments, I'm often pulled in different directions and want to come up with a consistent schedule.

I have Starbucks and Cafe and I’m mainly just a glorified barista. All my hours are in Starbucks so I’m there all the time. I cover most of cafe breaks and that’s about it -_-

I'll come in at 7 . Check my emails , check on afresh, then check on my morning market people. Before I go on break I'll check on starbucks and cafe, if they have issues I'll jump in after break to help em out. Then I just start pushing boats and wait for fdc lol. My biggest problem is being to hands on. I like to work with my team push and backstock. I asked my dm if other stores where struggling juggling all 3 and he tells me it's a pretty widespread problem. So don't feel bad if you haven't found your routine it is hard. Some eyes don't understand the beast that starbucks is on its own.

Still struggling at my store. When I focus on one departments issues the other two go haywire. Right now my main issues are still fixing ordering for cafe and Starbucks (my amazing AST left about a month ago and she did a large majority of the ordering), and that my Starbucks is filled with minors who are lazy when they aren't being supervised (perfect timing for my DM to come tomorrow!!!). I have a new ETL who seems to understand the pressure of a food TL (especially for me w/ 3 or 4 LOD shifts a week) and is helping me come up with a routine over the next few weeks so I feel slightly hopeful, but I have definitely been looking for a new job elsewhere.

My FTL has Dairy and Meat department, possibly Deli, I can't remember. My store has it's own TL for Starbucks and Food Ave and it's own TL for Market. My TL likes to start out in one area of the day then go to another and help out. Dairy Frozen at my store has lots of freight every day so he's usually there every morning helping, but then he goes to Meat or his other department(I honestly cannot remember) and helps out there, then after that he's usually pretty fluid in what he's doing, but by that time he's only got an hour left of his shift and he usually disappears, probably to do some office work stuff.

Now, as far as behind the scenes stuff goes, I have 0 idea, I'm just a peasant TM. I've just gained whatever I said in this post by observing, not asking or doing, so it's probably best to not take my word for it, I just felt I had to reply haha.

Still struggling at my store. When I focus on one departments issues the other two go haywire. Right now my main issues are still fixing ordering for cafe and Starbucks (my amazing AST left about a month ago and she did a large majority of the ordering), and that my Starbucks is filled with minors who are lazy when they aren't being supervised (perfect timing for my DM to come tomorrow!!!). I have a new ETL who seems to understand the pressure of a food TL (especially for me w/ 3 or 4 LOD shifts a week) and is helping me come up with a routine over the next few weeks so I feel slightly hopeful, but I have definitely been looking for a new job elsewhere.
Why the hell do you have that many LOD shifts? What are your ETLs doing?

I got an email from a recruiter for a nearby (smaller) grocery chain that competes locally with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. They're opening new stores in the area and are looking for experienced management. They apparently pay a whole hell of a lot more so I'm definitely going to give them a call and see what's up. I make just shy of $19/hr with Target and according to their website, the low end of their Grocery Manager position is $23, and up to $36................................................................. Why am I still working at Target?

All these changes to market are going to cost Target a lot of experienced leadership. I know a few of my local peers have also jumped ship and some others are looking.

Why the hell do you have that many LOD shifts? What are your ETLs doing?

I got an email from a recruiter for a nearby (smaller) grocery chain that competes locally with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. They're opening new stores in the area and are looking for experienced management. They apparently pay a whole hell of a lot more so I'm definitely going to give them a call and see what's up. I make just shy of $19/hr with Target and according to their website, the low end of their Grocery Manager position is $23, and up to $36................................................................. Why am I still working at Target?

All these changes to market are going to cost Target a lot of experienced leadership. I know a few of my local peers have also jumped ship and some others are looking.
We have lost an ETL recently and are waiting for the new one to be able to take LOD shifts alone. ETL LOG doens't have a flow TL currently so they have less LOD shifts. STL and HR always only have one LOD shift per week (same night together). The seniors at my store take a majority of the shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back