Archived Forgetting To End Meals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
So I'm always forgetting to end my meals on the time clock when I'm taking my lunch... it has happened a few times now.. Shouldn I say anything to HR? Is it that big of a deal?

zXAA3CV.gif

Lol I used to always do this, my HR would usually fill a punch correction sheet for me and just have me sign it

So I'm always forgetting to end my meals on the time clock when I'm taking my lunch... it has happened a few times now.. Shouldn I say anything to HR? Is it that big of a deal?

If missed punches happen often, then that can come off as suspicious. For your situation, they might wonder if you have been taking longer lunches than you should. If they noticed a pattern, then they could be watching you. I would say that going forward, set alerts on your phone to remind you to use the time clock. If you start remembering to end your meals and stop appearing on the reports, then you should be fine.

I would try and find a way to make yourself remember. At my store etls hunt you down for each and every punch correction and make you initial a paper and add a reason why you had the correction. If you hit three in a weeks time they talk to you about it. If the habit continues you get a CA. Idk why our hr is such a hardass about them but its best to just not do it.

One trick a former tm did was two notes. One on the locker one they kept at their table. Said clock in. He would grab the table note put his stuff away grab the sticky note off the locker and clock back in. Saved him alot of grief lol.

If missed punches happen often, then that can come off as suspicious. For your situation, they might wonder if you have been taking longer lunches than you should. If they noticed a pattern, then they could be watching you. I would say that going forward, set alerts on your phone to remind you to use the time clock. If you start remembering to end your meals and stop appearing on the reports, then you should be fine.
Lol the thing is I DO set an alarm. And I'm always on time getting back

I would try and find a way to make yourself remember. At my store etls hunt you down for each and every punch correction and make you initial a paper and add a reason why you had the correction. If you hit three in a weeks time they talk to you about it. If the habit continues you get a CA.

I once spoke with another HR person who told me that her team did this method because it is effective in reducing the number of missed punches. She said that there were zero missed punches at her store after they started writing people up.

Idk why our hr is such a hardass about them but its best to just not do it.

Agree that it is best not to do it.

As for why your store is being tough about it: Forgetting to clock in or out doesn't seem like a big deal but it actually does affect the store and Team Members. Missed punches are problematic because it affects the tracking of payroll hours. People not using the time clock to accurately record their punches makes it seem like the store is using more or less payroll hours than it really is. Leaders give people more or less shifts based on these inaccurate numbers. Then, the punches get corrected and the leaders discover that they either overspent or underspent. If they overspent, then the store is missing payroll and they have to cut shifts or schedule people for less hours. If they underspent, that meant that there were hours that a TM could have worked. Missed punches are one of the things that lead to TMs getting screwed over on hours.

Last edited:
Lol the thing is I DO set an alarm. And I'm always on time getting back

What about creating a calendar event (can set date and time) on your phone right after clocking out for lunch? Write: "Use time clock to end meals." A handwritten also note works too.

Last edited:
Honestly my HR would love to have that problem. They'll trade our repeat compliant offenders over forgetting to clock back IN for lunch.

Anyway, ours usually just places a "missed punch" sheet next to the schedule. There hasn't been one up in a spell, but our core team is pretty good about not making life difficult for others, so we usually remember to punch back in, or we let HR know about it ASAP.

You know you're in too deep to ever truly get back out again when you sit straight up in bed in the middle of the night, gripped with fear because you remembered that you forgot to clock back in from lunch that day.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

I have a bad habit of this too actually. No clue why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back