Archived FOS Falling for Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else have trouble with those tubes? When I first opened the box, I thought, well this is easy. Stupid things. Whoever designed these could have come up with a better way to keep them circular. The inserts kept popping out.

And I couldn't even use the biclops pole to put them up cause that caused the inserts to pop out too.

a fix it for falling tubes

I folded the flaps up and down alternating instead of all downward, then I taped a few of the upward flaps facing the top and bottom to the side of the tube.

Took one look at those last night and thought well this is going to suck.
We'll see if I was right tonight.

This is why I love this place.
Since I had a heads up on the tubes, when I put them together I just put on tab up on each side and taped it in place.
Knocked them out in half the time they said it would take.
The houses for seasonal on the other hand ...

For the tubes I taped the inserts inside the tubes.

The large pencil was a pain to take down. Mine was stuck to the window pretty good making it tough to peel off.

The houses took a while to build because the instructions were difficult to understand.

Took one look at those last night and thought well this is going to suck.
We'll see if I was right tonight.
those of us who have been around long enough, know whats going to work and not work. I agree, I took one look and said, not gonna work. I put canoe clips in the bottom of the tube to stop the center from falling down.

those of us who have been around long enough, know whats going to work and not work. I agree, I took one look and said, not gonna work. I put canoe clips in the bottom of the tube to stop the center from falling down.

Greetings and salutations.

You're right, I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the instructions (or just opened the box) and just known the build was going to be bad news.
Good idea for a fix.

Same here. I got most of them to work "naturally" save for a few that I reversed one or two tabs to hold them up. Only had two problem children i got out the tape for. Hopefully I won't walk in tomorrow morning and see a bunch of flat tubes and orange disks on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back