Archived FOS myCheckout Line Busting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very curious as to how other stores handle line busting. My store finally has all of our checkout devices functional. (One for FOS, FR, electronics and beauty). I want us to use it and up our myCheckout sales, but I’m just having trouble with finding the best excuse to use it without it being awkward. I understand the logic of it, but it’s the efficiency of it vs. just calling for a back up that I don’t understand. What I’m looking for is:
-how do I make it as efficient as possible?
-bagging process? (Where are you getting bags from/how do you carry them around?)
-best scenarios of when it’s appropriate to utilize it

Honestly, I have found calling for back up to be much more effective. For me, the only logical time to use it was during the holiday season when self checkout had a line and every working register was open and there were still long lines. I could maybe see it working now when the guests in line don’t want to go to SCO (if you have it) and only have a few items... rather than call for backup that would probably be a quick alternative.

AP told us we couldn’t have bags on the floor, but I considered myself close enough to the checklanes and used bags in a three tier cart next to me. One time, I clipped a few onto my pants with one of those belt clips that we use for keys.

I’m interested to know if anyone successfully uses it regularly or at least semi regularly though because we honestly haven’t thought about it since hectic Q4.

Honestly, I have found calling for back up to be much more effective. For me, the only logical time to use it was during the holiday season when self checkout had a line and every working register was open and there were still long lines. I could maybe see it working now when the guests in line don’t want to go to SCO (if you have it) and only have a few items... rather than call for backup that would probably be a quick alternative.

AP told us we couldn’t have bags on the floor, but I considered myself close enough to the checklanes and used bags in a three tier cart next to me. One time, I clipped a few onto my pants with one of those belt clips that we use for keys.

I’m interested to know if anyone successfully uses it regularly or at least semi regularly though because we honestly haven’t thought about it since hectic Q4.
I just left a high volume store that would line control every weekend. We heavily used MyCheckout and as GSTL I was required to always have one on me as well as all the GSAs for the day. I find the best way to use it when you are line controlling is pulling from SCO and whrnnyoure not line controlling I found the best/least awkward way was to weave in and out of the lanes and grab some people woth a couple items. They always loved it and despite how awkward it feels guests will always thank you! Besides when it breaks or freezes every 10th transaction

Carry a few bags on your arm and weave through the lines looking for guests with only a few items. They'll appreciate being able to get out faster. If I remember correctly, there's a doc on workbench that's accessible to all TMs. It may be the training module. It lists a few different role play scenarios you could use. The major one is to use it to "line bust": Long lines, go through looking for people you can checkout quickly. Get them out of the store and "bust those lines". Using on the salesfloor is heavily ASANTS. Check-in with your AP team. You may be required to call out every transaction. Some may only want it used in beauty and electronics (great for items that are locked up).

Carry a few bags on your arm and weave through the lines looking for guests with only a few items. They'll appreciate being able to get out faster. If I remember correctly, there's a doc on workbench that's accessible to all TMs. It may be the training module. It lists a few different role play scenarios you could use. The major one is to use it to "line bust": Long lines, go through looking for people you can checkout quickly. Get them out of the store and "bust those lines". Using on the salesfloor is heavily ASANTS. Check-in with your AP team. You may be required to call out every transaction. Some may only want it used in beauty and electronics (great for items that are locked up).

We removed the top basket off a 3 tier cart and would put bags in that with a printer zip tied to the side of the basket instead of carrying the bags we just had them attached to the 3 tier. Our PMT rigged it up.

We removed the top basket off a 3 tier cart and would put bags in that with a printer zip tied to the side of the basket instead of carrying the bags we just had them attached to the 3 tier. Our PMT rigged it up.
I’d love to see a pic of this if you have one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back