Archived FR help/suggestions TLs APs

Status
Not open for further replies.
new here! I'm a Fitting Room Operater (5months). I have 2 major gripes and would like advice or suggestions.
You name it, I'm expected to do it. Zoning, covering others breaks go backs and carts x5 of rewraps that just pile up day after day (everyone avoids them for obvi reasons) rehang millions of clothes etc etc. how can i "complain" in a productive manner? To me it seems like I'm not doing my job...basically. I'm fairly new and don't want to ruffle any feathers but I don't wanna suck either!
Then, I have concern with theft in the FR. (I posted a comment on ap thread but only got one response.) I find empties all the time! I feel horrible that it's on my watch so to speak. I Log them etc I have no clue what they do with them. I was told it was for data and trends. I find electronics $$ some times. Do they go after the culprits? If they do it once bound to do it again. I'm not comfortable with ap to say "hey you should do this" when I'm just a FRO. Help!

I can at least try to answer the AP question for you.

Don't feel bad about finding empties. In fact, feel glad that you did. Many people just leave them lay and nothing gets done with them. It honestly depends on your store, AP, theft level and many other things as to if the AP goes after the "culprit". You can talk to your AP and maybe mention that you have been seeing a lot of X to try to get it in their heads, but other than that, it is beyond our paygrade.

Thank you!!! Someone else recommended talking to ap. he's kinda stand off ish but I guess it wouldn't hurt. I had an idea of maybe them letting us look at a pic of FR suspects but I don't know if that's interfering. We get so many tags from clothes, jewelry tags, food, makeup, electronics it might be hard to look up each one and they just tally it up with shrink IDK!

Reporting of empty packages helps AP know what is being stole, when it's happening, and where it's happening. This allows us to be in those areas at those times.

Finding softlines tags in the FR is a concern and sometimes impossible to avoid. But electronics and cosmetics items are a big problem.

We look at the empty packages to determine what we need to be paying closer attention to, and when we find something that we have a camera shot on, or happens to be found on an aisle that has good coverage, we'll try tracking it down to see who took it.
If we're lucky and find the subject who took the item, we'll write a case up with their picture attached and try to remember it.

Honestly, don't beat yourself up. You're scheduled as fitting room, but if your store is anything like my store, you're pulling a softlines mid on fitting room hours.

We look at the empty packages to determine what we need to be paying closer attention to, and when we find something that we have a camera shot on, or happens to be found on an aisle that has good coverage, we'll try tracking it down to see who took it.
If we're lucky and find the subject who took the item, we'll write a case up with their picture attached and try to remember it.
Thanks! I guess ap himself has to see and catch person red-handed or in the act... I'll try to clean out rooms as often as I can and if I see anything and leave up to them!! Thank you

Last edited:
Only thing you can do is call out suspicious guests. Have a guest that made a bee-line from electronics to the fitting room and grabbed 3 random pieces of clothing? Call AP. Somebody wearing sunglasses/hat and a jacket in the middle of summer and wanting to use the fitting room? Call AP. Bulges in pants(lol) or under shirt, call AP.

Taking the clothing from the guest to count them helps as well...though most thieves don't try to hide product between clothes anymore.

Reporting of empty packages helps AP know what is being stole, when it's happening, and where it's happening. This allows us to be in those areas at those times.

Finding softlines tags in the FR is a concern and sometimes impossible to avoid. But electronics and cosmetics items are a big problem.
Doing regular stall checks can also help by narrowing down when the items were stolen.

To ALL AP --I just made a post about finding a gross used condom in the fitting room :eek: But WHY NO ONE TELL ME o_O about the "hollow" stools? I never checked them and Now I really won't! Forget empties!!! Might be a turds or sperm hidden in there! Lol But seriouly should I have been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back