Archived Freckleton vs Target Class Action Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I received an email this morning about this lawsuit. Anyone know about this?

So basically they are suing Spot and the company they use for background checks for being lazy and sloppy.
The person who filed the case was denied a job based on false information.

There was an email that went out today from the law firm handling the suit it concerned background checks without proper authorization Many current and previous employees received it. Something about they are now at the point of finalizing the payout.

Edit: I'll post the email shortly. Interesting.

Last edited:
So, this has the information about it. Most starts on page 5, at "In early 2012, the Plaintiff applied for a job at Target".

Or, just a summary: Woman works at CVS as a cashier in December 2011. CVS' loss prevention takes her to the back room, questions her about an incident and apparently some items were not scanner and paid for. She claims she was not permitted to leave the back room until she admitted her guilt.

The loss prevention person told her what to write and she wrote and signed it. CVS reports and uploads it to the database for background checks that Target uses.

Database company then tells Target that they have a "verified admission statement". They had taken no action to verify it.

Doesn't matter what the reason the person is suing for. They took your information and put it out there for anyone to hack and use. Same thing with customers that used credit cards during there data breach. Target is lazy on taking measures in security unless it comes to losing product. I also have a suit against them for causing Depression and anxiety . I worked in the DC you are nothing but a number and they know they push your limits and is the reason they offer counsoler to talk to. Don't get hurt on the job they push you to say it was your fault or quit. Also there is no room for advancement without college degree even then they only want people out of college we calm them OPERATION PUPPETS. These "managers" know nothing about the job and target wants it that way so there is no sympathy for the slave labor they want you to perform. So when these managers talk we just laugh at them they are over paid idiots. Also trying to get a union in there to stop all this so far 3 DCs are on board

The email I got basically said I was a part of the group that wouldn't get anything.

From the looks of it you'll only get something if you were denied employment (or promotion) based on the results of the background check.

Doesn't matter what the reason the person is suing for. They took your information and put it out there for anyone to hack and use. Same thing with customers that used credit cards during there data breach. Target is lazy on taking measures in security unless it comes to losing product. I also have a suit against them for causing Depression and anxiety . I worked in the DC you are nothing but a number and they know they push your limits and is the reason they offer counsoler to talk to. Don't get hurt on the job they push you to say it was your fault or quit. Also there is no room for advancement without college degree even then they only want people out of college we calm them OPERATION PUPPETS. These "managers" know nothing about the job and target wants it that way so there is no sympathy for the slave labor they want you to perform. So when these managers talk we just laugh at them they are over paid idiots. Also trying to get a union in there to stop all this so far 3 DCs are on board

Lol. You are suing your employer because you feel stress while doing your job?

Lol. You are suing your employer because you feel stress while doing your job?

There's stress and there's undue stress. There are jobs out there where no matter what you do you can't do it right in the eyes of other people. One woman at one place told me to document everything as the bosses would tell you do do one thing and then two weeks later would majorly light into you about how you weren't supposed to do it, because they didn't remember telling you to do it.

One job was so bad that I ended up cutting in the bathroom. To this day I don't know if I quit or was fired, it was a temp agency placement and we both called the temp agency within 10 minutes of each other saying I wasn't coming back.

It literally is possible for an environment to become so hostile it does trigger illness, whether physical, psychosomatic (like throwing up only on your work days), or mental/emotional. That is well, well beyond expected stress related to the job duties.

I got my email today. It reads like it's being narrated by two separate people. There's the standard, boring legal speak...and then there's the bold, italicized font letting me know over and over that the good stuff doesn't actually apply to me.

I always think emails like that are spam, I just figure someone spammer in Calcutta got a hold of my email address and workplace and sends out mass emails. I don't know.

The email I got basically said I was a part of the group that wouldn't get anything.

From the looks of it you'll only get something if you were denied employment (or promotion) based on the results of the background check.
Based on the results of a background check you had no clue was being performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back